• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The people brainwashed into his cult will think that, but he can't win with just them. The moderate, independent folk who approve of him because of the economy are what is going to cost him the election. The only thing he had going with them was the stock market.

I fully expect his rhetoric to go hard in the racism, xenophobia, misogyny and all his other greatest hits if the stock market talking point goes down the toilet. We're talking far worse than even right now, it would be all he has left to use.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Yeah we are getting a Trading freeze today.

Holy shit this is going down like a sinking ship.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Still dropping after the halt. Bet we'll hit the next circuit breaker and could stop trading for the day at -20%

Oct 28, 2017
The people brainwashed into his cult will think that, but he can't win with just them. The moderate, independent folk who approve of him because of the economy are what is going to cost him the election. The only thing he had going with them was the stock market.

Yeah I think Biden sucks but this type of situation is peak Biden territory. There's a lot of people are convinced Biden won't rock the boat too much and will be more competent than Trump. Its becoming increasingly clear that the US government is failing in all attempts to handle this virus and trying to stick their heads in the sand to prop up the economy.

All honesty, it should be an alley oop assuming nothing insane doesn't occur like Biden catching the virus (fingers crossed it doesn't happen).

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
This fucking president.

Can the house introduce more articles of impeachment so we can kick this dumbfuck out?

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
I fully expect his rhetoric to go hard in the racism, xenophobia, misogyny and all his other greatest hits if the stock market talking point goes down the toilet. We're talking far worse than even right now, it would be all he has left to use.

and his cult will buy every word. It is never his fault. It's either a massive conspiracy, or it's those dirty foreigners.

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Foxnews lead article is about a PR campaign that China is doing to smear US over corona response. Damage control is 100% in effect and failing miserably.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
If anything good comes out of this it will be the end of Trump

He can easily blame Chinese people and call for a ban on Chinese in the US and people will go for it. This will work too since there is a real threat going on with real world consequences. I think this virus would actually help Trump's rhetoric on keeping people out of the US.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I really fucked up investing on Monday.

vRI6zph.png

Hey, at least we didn't invest last week right?

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Alright, I'm going to start researching today/tonight on how to start investing. Even if this isnt rock bottom, still would be a decent entry point, yes?

Oct 28, 2017
He can easily blame Chinese people and call for a ban on Chinese in the US and people will go for it. This will work too since there is a real threat going on with real world consequences. I think this virus would actually help Trump's rhetoric on keeping people out of the US.

It might but his polling is not trending well. He's like --9 to -11 approval in March if we look at Rasmussen, which is historically really favourable to him. He was occasionally positive post impeachment at times.

You can blame Chinese people all you want but the virus is already here and the virus does not discriminate. Unless you believe the virus is not going to get worse in the following months, I don't see that approval getting any better.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That rhetoric works on the rubes, but the power brokers who are losing a fortune right now see right through it.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
This is getting into areas where they might have to think about suspending trading for today and tomorrow in europe

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
The market has now recovered almost 3%. Hopefully it keeps going.

edit: aaand it's going back down lol

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Guys guys guys, please do not invest this early in a bear market. Once a bear market starts, it takes a while before things stabilize. Investing now is a bad idea.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, not a nice couple weeks for the portfolio. I cancelled my Valve Index order and I'm going to be holding off on other non-essential purchases for a while -- I want to invest at much as possible once we get near the bottom.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't think Trumps tricks will work this time y'all. Racism works with bread and circus. But when your circus is cancelled and can't gather and you run out of bread, it breaks down.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I sold everything I had on Robinhood last Tuesday because the app was fucking up.

Thanks Robinhood!

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Droping almost a 3rd of the overall value of the index since this started... i don't know what that means. Same amount occured in 2008.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
Why would your car industry tank hard?

Luxury cars wouldn't be so appealing in a recession, be it in the US, Eurozone, Asia or all three regions. Not that luxury is the only segment German automakers operate in or course! If memory serves, some German automakers operate with somewhat low margins in good years, too. There was a also a spook last night when people thought Donald was banning cargo from some European countries, which could've affected them.

Status
Not open for further replies.