claytonlee101

Oct 27, 2017
Any impressions for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2? I see it's at an all time low. I remember having a blast on the ol PSX days.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Got the following games in my cart after adding everything I really wanted from my wishlist and giving myself a reality check of what I would play. Anyone have any thoughts on Death Trick: Double Blind? Particularly if you played it on the Steam Deck. That is the only one I think I might remove.
  • Castle Crashers
  • Disco Elysium - The Final Cut
  • Bloons TD 6
  • Death Trick: Double Blind
  • Saviorless
  • Children of the Sun
  • MULLET MADJACK
  • POOLS

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://x.com/misericordevn/status/1806430100961079349?s=46

This is a phenomenal visual novel. Think Pentiment meets Umineko. (For those familiar with either). Just exceptional writing. That this is so unknown is criminal.

Ooh thanks for linking this. Going to snag it. I played Pentiment earlier this year and really enjoyed it. Anything similar would be good IMO.

image.png

Pretty happy with all of this, many games ive been waiting to play

People insisted me on 1000xresist and the invincible so i hope they are good!

Haven't played 1000xResist yet, but heard great things. The Invincible, on the other hand, I really enjoyed. You're in for a treat.

currently looking at

moonlight pulse
rabbit & steel
hauntii
mullet mad jack
artic eggs
lunacid
RKGK
in stars and time
uforia: the saga 2
savioless
manafinder
hazy mind
the cosmic wheel sisterhood
a space for the unbound
ripout
puzzles for clef
knight's try
aveliana
nightmare reaper
clash: artifacts of chaos
cleo - a pirate's tale
tempus bound
return
genopanic
telmari
withering rooms
slave zero x
summerhouse
the wreck
rise of the third power
ou
an english haunting
evering
devil blade reboot
mortal sin
gift
tiny terry's turbo trip
airhead
deadlink
astlibra revision
isles of sea and sky
[echostasis]

any particular things that stand out to you from this list you'd recommend i'd love to hear about

The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood I haven't played yet but I've heard good things for. Same with The Wreck. A Space for the Unbound I'm hoping to play at some point.

If i want to just delve into Gunpowder in Total War.... Empire? Or Napoleon?

(Warhammer with Gunpowder factions don't count, I already have that... blame the Dwarfs and Empire for setting me on this path :D )

Outsider pick: Fall of the Samurai. Not only is it a very good DLC, but it does mix things up with you still being able to use samurai units so you're not stuck with a tiny unit pool. It's also based off of Shogun 2 which was one of the best TWs overall. Empire and Napoleon both felt janky and while Napoleon fixed some of Empire's warts, it didn't manage to take care of everything IMO.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, been thinking about the sales all day, but only thing I really feel like buying rn is Sanabi

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Was looking to spend as much as one regular full priced game $70. Ended up pretty well
  • Immortal Fenix Rising Gold Edition
  • Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
  • Hades
  • Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Granblue Fantasy Versus
Total of a little over $70 for the bunch including tax. Mostly because of Forza 4 and Sekiro. Not bad.

I've waited years to have a decent price (at least $20 or below) for Sekiro...but its never dropped much below $30. So just decided to give in since its been so stubborn for so long lol. Also made me look and see what keys I had on Humble that I didn't claim and found a few that saved me some additional buys lol.

Last edited:

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Lame, Obra Dinn isn't on sale either

Any other games like it? I want a similar experience to Outer Wilds
The Witness: really great puzzle design, but not really any story. Genuinely one of my favorite games.

Myst: pretty classic, and the whole series is pretty great. A remake of Riven (Myst 2) literally just came out a few days ago and it's pretty great, but the whole series is pretty great IMO. First game's a little more basic by today's standards, but I still really like all of them.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Save 25% on Songs of Conquest on Steam

Raise mighty armies, wield ancient magic and forge an empire. This turn-based strategy adventure game fuses strategic decision making, tactical combat and kingdom management.

Good discount and plays fantastic on the Steam Deck. They really got the controls down just right, I hadn't tried it yet but am traveling this week and at 2GB storage it's a no-brainer given how well the controls work.

New patch curbed back some of the magic user heavy meta, but not so much that old strategies aren't viable.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Some of those 90% off sales are crazy. Too bad I already own most of those!

Lend me your strength, people of Era.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect Legendary Edition is so cheap. Guess I'll get that and play it on PC instead of my Xbox unless there cross save

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Any impressions for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2? I see it's at an all time low. I remember having a blast on the ol PSX days.

In all honesty, I find it to be the best Tony Hawk game since American Wasteland on the GameCube/PS2/Xbox. It feels like Vicarious Visions picked up the pieces left by Neversoft and meticulously translated all beloved aspects of the games into a modern form.

As someone who admittedly triple-dipped on the game (Switch, EGS, and then Steam), you are in for an exceptional deal at the current discount.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Man been waiting for a PC sale on Granblue Fantasy Relink for a while. Not that I have time to play it immediately, but would like to get to it sooner rather than later.

Probably will pick up Mass Effect Legendary Edition for that price as well. Already played on PS5 but figure if I do replay it down the road, it's on going to be on PC.

Not sure if I'll get anything else but that's good for now.

Edit: Oh Dragon's Dogma 2 is ~$40 on GMG with the Sizzle15 code. Definitely getting that.

Last edited:

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
XCOM: Chimera Squad bought. 0.96€ through the bundle prizing, paid for fully with trading card money.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
Have a couple of smaller games I might get, but starting to look at Rimworld, which I haven't tried before

Played a chunk of Dwarf Fortress and Prison architect so I'm tempted

Lamine

Nov 28, 2023
I need opinions on digimon cyber sleuth.
I Loved the shows when I was young but never played any of the games

luca

Oct 25, 2017
How are these games?

- 1000xResist (is the story really that good?)
- Sons of the Forest (I liked the first game but never got far, is this one much improved?)
- The Mortuary Assistant (I take it this has some well made scares but is there a story to it?)

Wigsy

Apr 5, 2022
How are these games?

- Sons of the Forest (I liked the first game but never got far, is this one much improved?)
- The Mortuary Assistant (I take it this has some well made scares but is there a story to it?)

I've not seen anyone say anything negative about 1000xResist, with nearly all saying it'll be up there with their GOTY nominations due to the story.

barbarash22

Oct 19, 2019
The ones I bought so far:

- Half Life Alyx (only 20,05€)
- X4 Bundle
- 1000x Resist (thanks for bringing this to my attention)
- Cyberpunk 2077 (I have it on PS5, but wanted it to see it with full RTX features and it looks incredible)
- Ixion
- Cloudbuilt
- Grim Dawn
- Neon White
- Singularity

Last edited:

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I need opinions on digimon cyber sleuth.
I Loved the shows when I was young but never played any of the games

I see you've come to me for wisdom, Lamine.

Both Cyber Sleuth games are probably top tier Digimon games in my opinion. They've got a great mix between dungeon crawling and monster raising.

Gameplay wise, they play like Pokémon games. You raise your digimons, they learn new attacks, and digi-evolve into different creatures. At some point, you can also digi-evolve your mons so they can turn into entirely different creatures and increase their level cap as well.

Additionally, there's also types advantages and whatnot. There's 4 types (Data, Vaccine, Virus, and Free) and different attributes (Fire, Water, Plant, etc). It's just like rock, paper, and scissors at the end of the day.

Story wise, don't go in expecting much. It's just your standard RPG story, and there isn't much depth to it.

All in all, I think they are great games, but you definitely need to invest some time into them so you can understand how monster raising and battles work.

With that said, I bid you farewell, Lamine. I shall return when my wisdom is needed once again.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
How are these games?

store.steampowered.com

1000xRESIST - You Can (Not) Resist This Praise For 1000xRESIST - Steam News

We're beyond thrilled by the response to 1000xRESIST from critics and players alike.

I like this bit of praise they highlighted tbf.

2f44d6a6be1e1ed0b9fda2a3408588cac3c5aec5.png

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
nope! It depends what areas you're interested in driving around.

Though the base game of American is a much higher standard than base game Euro, so if you want to just dip your toes in I'd recommend ATS first. They've slowly been remaking some areas of Euro but we've been waiting years for a UK re-work for example.

Biggest advice I'd give re: DLCs however is buy packs that connect to landmasses you already have (in your case the base game). While you can teleport to the new areas to do deliveries there if you want, it sucks to not be able to drive smoothly from one to another.

Truck Sim is one of the chillest games going, perfect for a podcast/internet radio, and I find it's great for unwinding after a stressful day.
Cheers! I'll probably get both as they're at the cheapest I've seen ever lol.

I normally never buy DLCs though so hopefully the base games are good enough.

Lamine

Nov 28, 2023

Both Cyber Sleuth games are probably top tier Digimon games in my opinion. They've got a great mix between dungeon crawling and monster raising.

Gameplay wise, they play like Pokémon games. You raise your digimons, they learn new attacks, and digi-evolve into different creatures. At some point, you can also digi-evolve your mons so they can turn into entirely different creatures and increase their level cap as well.

Additionally, there's also types advantages and whatnot. There's 4 types (Data, Vaccine, Virus, and Free) and different attributes (Fire, Water, Plant, etc). It's just like rock, paper, and scissors at the end of the day.

Story wise, don't go in expecting much. It's just your standard RPG story, and there isn't much depth to it.

All in all, I think they are great games, but you definitely need to invest some time into them so you can understand how monster raising and battles work.

With that said, I bid you farewell, Lamine. I shall return when my wisdom is needed once again.
i thank you sensei 🙇
sounds like games i would enjoy, and for $10 it's a no brainer

Level 7 Boss

Jun 19, 2018
currently looking at

moonlight pulse
rabbit & steel
hauntii
mullet mad jack
artic eggs
lunacid
RKGK
in stars and time
savioless
manafinder
hazy mind
a space for the unbound
ripout
puzzles for clef
knight's try
aveliana
nightmare reaper
cleo - a pirate's tale
tempus bound
return
genopanic
telmari
withering rooms
slave zero x
summerhouse
the wreck
rise of the third power
ou
an english haunting
evering
devil blade reboot
mortal sin
gift
tiny terry's turbo trip
airhead
deadlink
astlibra revision
isles of sea and sky
[echostasis]

any particular things that stand out to you from this list you'd recommend i'd love to hear about

I have over a 100 hours on Deadlink. Hopefully that's recommendation enough.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Tempted by Grim Dawn. How does it run on Steam Deck?

Really well, and Crate has made significant changes to the game in the last year or so that really make it a breeze to play with a controller setup.

The other upside is that you can also play it on desktop where it's easier to install and play with mods, which are very good for the game.

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017

I might try and get a second hand copy of the first one for PlayStation 4 as it's delisted.

They good for digimon noobs? Have a bit of persona about them from what I've seen.

Titantodd

May 3, 2023
Caved last night and bought stuff that was in my wishlist that has reviewed very well, but aren't necessarily the type of things I normally play. So that was:

Celeste: (Yes, I know, I'm a terrible person for never playing it, but precision platformers are really not my thing. I think I already owned it thanks to the big itch.io bundles, and I've seen it ran more than once at GDQ. Gave it a go and I really liked it! Did the first chapter and got 7 strawberries! Only died about 80 times, too!)

Dredge: (I played about an hour of this as well, and I'm liking the cozy, chill fishing game vibes. Which is exactly what it is, right? Right?)

Pizza Tower: (Again platformers aren't really my thing, but I knew I was going to get around to this one eventually, and it was definitely worth a shot for a tenner)

And Moonstone Island: (Probably the safest bet I've got here. I love Stardew, and I love creature collector/mons games, so something combining both is going to right in my wheelhouse).

All in all, I think I did well for £35. I am almost definitely going to cave again when I'm off work next week and buy more, though.

lupin23rd

Oct 27, 2017
currently looking at

moonlight pulse
rabbit & steel
hauntii
mullet mad jack
artic eggs
lunacid
RKGK
in stars and time
savioless
manafinder
hazy mind
a space for the unbound
ripout
puzzles for clef
knight's try
aveliana
nightmare reaper
cleo - a pirate's tale
tempus bound
return
genopanic
telmari
withering rooms
slave zero x
summerhouse
the wreck
rise of the third power
ou
an english haunting
evering
devil blade reboot
mortal sin
gift
tiny terry's turbo trip
airhead
deadlink
astlibra revision
isles of sea and sky
[echostasis]

Really enjoyed Ufouria 2 (played on the Switch), not a long game but fun and full of charm. Need to play the first one now.

Also bought Devil Blade Reboot a few weeks ago and haven't played much yet but it's good too.

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland

Really well, and Crate has made significant changes to the game in the last year or so that really make it a breeze to play with a controller setup.

The other upside is that you can also play it on desktop where it's easier to install and play with mods, which are very good for the game.

Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna bite.