• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Capricorn

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was ready to splurge some serious cash on VR games but most of the ones I had on my wishlist don't have more than 33% off... Shame.

Oh well, time to get HL: Alyx at least, I was willing to wait for the 25% off :)

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Outer worlds worth it? 17 dollars is an expensive sale buy for me. I dont even know what this game is.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
So what kind of game is that exactly? Even after watching the trailer, I'm not exactly sure? lol

You're charged with tracking down signal anomalies in space. The dishes and equipment you utilize is all really complex, so the gameplay loop consists of running the equipment and searching the skies. It's pretty Zen.

This seems right up my alley, but does anyone know how much this ends up leaning on the "alien/horror" side of things? Is this more relaxing with a dash of alien contact in it, or does it sort of turn into a tense thing that genuinely feels a bit creepy/scary at times?

It more relaxing with a dash of alien activity.

Tomato turned me on to it initially.

www.youtube.com

[Tomato] Signal Simulator : WHALE NOISES

Tomato plays Signal Simulator!Air Date...........................................➤1.15.2020SUBSCRIBE...................➤https://bit.ly/2Zv5PZwTomato's Youtub...

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Outer worlds worth it? 17 dollars is an expensive sale buy for me. I dont even know what this game is.
It's fantastic but it's very much a mystery game. So if you like Myst or The Witness or things along those lines or just puzzles and thinking in general, I'd absolutely recommend it. If you want any sort of action like gameplay, I'd avoid it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The most hidden of hidden gems on Steam btw:

Yo, I already forgot about having a 50€ budget for this Steam Sale. So it's Doom and 25€ of cheap ass wishlist stuff :D

Thanks for The Vagrant recommendation, this looks awesome. Will post my haul later. Love Steam Sales :)

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
I feel kind of scummy selling off my emotes and backgrounds to unsuspecting buyers with old buy orders up that don't realize those things are now basically worthless, lol.

Beanman25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for reposting this, but is tabletop sim worth it at 10 bucks? With intention to use it in VR and whatnot.

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
I feel like a sinner, but I add to use the promo:

IO3KyeW.png

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Is the RE7 Season Pass worth the 13$ over the base game price?
The End of Zoe expansion is pretty great but can be completed in about an hour. Not A Hero, the second most significant expansion, is another hour or so but that's free without the season pass. Other than that, you're looking at a whole lotta mini-games that, while replayable, are fairly wacky or shallow. There are some very tiny story themed experiences in there too but those aren't going to offer a ton of playtime if you're looking at this purely from a time = value perspective.

Overall, I really enjoy the EoZ expansion and would consider it worth the price alone but I'm also one of the most hardcore RE fans out there and enjoy just about every piece of content the franchise ever offers up so I'm biased. If you're looking for substantial content, you'll probably be a bit let down but if you just want more RE7 with some of that content filling in blanks from the main game, it's a good buy.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Substance Painter 2020 finally got a discount lol, should I finally bite?. Couple of games I wanted to grab are finally in an acceptable price range!
Okay Era, choose for me.
  • Langrisser I & II
  • SaGa Scarlet Grace
Guide me, fellow PC gamers. Was gonna buy Digimon but it's still a bit too pricey
If you haven't played digimon and you were actually thinking about it already just go for it the games are pretty chunky

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Want to get Halo: MCC.

Need to add £6.01 to get £5 discount. Not sure what else to get though.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna complete my classic Falcom collection with this, finally

ZNRG129.png

Need £10 worth of other games though. Anyone got any lesser-known indie RPGs to recommend? I think I'll be itching for something like that in a couple weeks

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Can't check right now, is there any discount on Disco Elysium? That's the one PC game I've been waiting on.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
Been waiting for this day to get Doom Eternal. I'm rubbing my hands together so much I could start a fire. Just need to find something to put my cart above $30.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
For fuck's sake can't they prioritise those on the final stages of checkout, so that payment doesn't fail?

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm.... Pathfinder? Or Pillars of Eternity II?

Ahhh.... who am I kidding? I don't have time to play either of those games.

So, I better buy both of them just to be safe.

(Also, me buying Pillars of Eternity II is the surest way for it to be added to Gamepass immediately, for any of you who are holding out :)

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Quite a few friends of mine are playing Titanfall 2 atm. What are the chances of the pop plummeting in the coming months?

Is the RE7 Season Pass worth the 13$ over the base game price?

I played through the game + DLC last Halloween. The Season Pass is not worth it. Only End of Zoe is mildly fun and lasts around an 1h/1h30 and Not A Hero is free.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Easy to wait on Disco and Sekiro to drop more this time next year with my massive backlog and next gen coming soon

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Hmm.... Pathfinder? Or Pillars of Eternity II?

Both are superb games, but I think Pillars 2 is much better paced. Even if you 100% it, it's like 60~ hours or so. I put over 90 hours into Pathfinder and I was told I was at the 75%~ mark. What's there is good, its just very spread out.

EDIT:
For those deliberating Disco: If you enjoy RPGs or story-based games - don't hesitate, get it and play it now. You will love it.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Do you mean Outer WILDS? I don't think Outer Worlds is on Steam...yet?
Anyways, I loved both, but Outer Wilds is one of the best games of the last 10 years.
The game takes place in a single solar system with several planetoids / objects you can travel to. You have a little scrappy space ship and it controls with real physics and is hard to control at first but feels great once you get it. You basically are trying to unravel the mystery of your solar system and this ancient race of beings who have disappeared.
Every 20-ish minutes there is a cataclysm, you die, and you start over on the first planet. The game takes place in these 20 minute cycles where each cycle you progress on goals - you travel around, find lots of cool weird stuff, solve puzzles, find new locations, and your ship computer tracks everything so you basically use your computer through runs of the game to find something you want to investigate, take off, and go do that thing. I hate time limits in games but it REALLY works here. It doesn't sound like much time, but it really is, as the solar system is pretty compact. You will slowly peel back layers of the story as you find new places, solve new puzzles, and start figuring out what the hell is going on.
There are no levels, no loot, no skills, nothing like that.
You have a few tools you start with that you use for the gameplay, and this is all about exploration and discovery and it absolutely NAILS it.
I can't recommend this more, if any of this sounds interesting to you.
This is like an anti-No Man's Sky. They have built a compact solar system for you to discover but it is absolutely packed with all hand-made content and is challenging, riveting, "just one more run", insanely great.

If you get it I hope you love it. I didn't even know what it was the day I downloaded it on Xbox Gamepass, and I was shocked. It gave me the feeling games like Mario 64 and Breath of the Wild did. That magical, wanderlust, wonderful mix of things that is very rare in gaming.