Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
So this Points Shop is absolutely fucking useless if you are not engaging in the community aspect of the platform, right? I couldn't find any discount coupons or whatever.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
i think i'm gonna jump at that shadow of the tomb raider for 20. is shadow more like rise or 2013? i liked both well enough to get shadow either way, but i really liked 2013.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
You use to get 3 cards for completing the discovery queue..now you only get 1 :(.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
store.steampowered.com

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition on Steam

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition enhances the bold new franchise to the fighting game genre from NetherRealm Studios. Featuring six new playable characters, over 30 new skins, and 60 new S.T.A.R. Labs missions, this edition packs a punch.

is free to keep

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, a couple points to clarify: the Points Shop is a permanent addition to Steam, so subsequently your Steam Points won't expire at the end of this sale. For every US dollar you've spent on Steam since the end of the Lunar New Year sale (January 27th), you will get 100 Steam Points. (if you don't pay in USD, the amount you pay will be converted to USD and then you'll get the corresponding amount of Steam Points)

In addition to the new profile items (which, unless explicitly stated otherwise, are now permanent), all emoticons and profile backgrounds that were previously tied to the Trading Cards system can now be acquired by Steam Points (in addition to crafting badges or buying them via the Steam Marketplace).

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
So this Points Shop is absolutely fucking useless if you are not engaging in the community aspect of the platform, right? I couldn't find any discount coupons or whatever.

Yep, it said in the FAQ that points might have more things to do later on in their lifetime, so it would be best to keep them just in case if you don't play on getting anything with them. Instead of just buying random stickers.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018

Well that's the fastest I've ever bought anything ever, heck of a deal!

Last edited:

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
i think i'm gonna jump at that shadow of the tomb raider for 20. is shadow more like rise or 2013? i liked both well enough to get shadow either way, but i really liked 2013.
If it's the complete edition, then yes. A lot more content and better pacing with the extra DLC. It's more like Rise, as in collecting/crafting/bigger open world areas/more exploring/less shooting.

Ruken

Oct 29, 2017
Damn I just un-wishlisted so many things. Not much going below -40%.
This sale is supposed to be about the QUALITY of the prices, not the QUANTITY of things on sale. 25% off TW: Three Kingdoms, lol get outta here SEGA.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I'm not sure about these gifting points to reviews thing. If it makes them more prominent somehow people are gonna game it in weird ways.

But I guess people could have already been doing it, and it still doesn't matter.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
If it's the complete edition, then yes. A lot more content and better pacing with the extra DLC. It's more like Rise, as in collecting/crafting/bigger open world areas/more exploring/less shooting.
thanks. better pacing is all i needed to hear. and yeah, it's 20 for everything.

Nov 14, 2017
Yep, it said in the FAQ that points might have more things to do later on in their lifetime, so it would be best to keep them just in case if you don't play on getting anything with them. Instead of just buying random stickers.
yeah I expect them to add discount coupons (similar to the Nintendo eShop) once this sale is done. It'd be kinda weird to debut that when everything is already discounted.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Lol the store breaking was just delayed. Better than usual I guess hahahaa.

I'm grabbing;

Half Life Alyx
Borderlands 3

I'm trying to resist buying more stuff.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

FFXII is on sale twice a year but it's the best port Final Fantasy has ever had and has feature parity with console (on top of 60fps + ultrawide)

Killer7 is 10 bucks, great port of one of biggest cult classic in existence

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
$6 for MGSV is pretty nuts.

Crazy how cheap AAA games can get nowadays, not that I'm complaining.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Humble Choice is next Friday so try to hold out til then and also Fanatical for some bundle offers

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I haven't really enjoyed a Steam sale since they removed the flash sales. It used to be this big event where I would schedule my time around making sure I saw all the new discounts. Now I look at it on the first day and rarely buy anything.

Beanman25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tabletop Sim for 10 bucks a decent deal? just got my oculus a couple of weeks ago, and have heard great things about this in VR