ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
You gotta be ****ing kidding me. The focus is on third parties, indies and Deathloop?
No GOWR, Silent Hill and all the AAA first part stuff we were all waiting for?
If they gonna bail us this time, it's better to hibernate (even in summer) for long long period.

(Not that I think it's going to be there but) they didn't say no SIlent Hill, to be fair. They said that the show would have third party stuff which would include a theoretical Silent Hill. It's not a Sony game.

The only thing they've said definitely won't be there is God of War, Horizon and PSVR2.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At this point, the Deathloop showing better be a straight segment of gameplay. We don't need yet another James Bond x Deathloop trailer that is all style and very little substance. It's time to just show it off with no fluff.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
I think another State of Play is almost guaranteed before August 20, they have to show more of Tsushima's DC.

y0shizawa

May 3, 2021
Really looking forward to seeing more of Deathloop. First time in a long while I've pre-ordered a game, love Arkane

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I love that they tell you what NOT to expect.

Really helps set expectations.
Sadly we have seen time and time again that when Sony or Nintendo tell people ahead of time what to expect, some people here still get carried away and end up disappointed and going on rants about how bad the shows were because it wasn't different to what was promised.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
At this point, the Deathloop showing better be a straight segment of gameplay. We don't need yet another James Bond x Deathloop trailer that is all style and very little substance. It's time to just show it off with no fluff.
Didn't they show a bunch of gameplay recently? I could be confused, but I swear they showed a bunch couple of months ago.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Deathloop has been my most anticipated game since its announcement, but I don't think I want/need to see more of it. However, there still seems to be some confusion about what this game IS, so it probably makes sense to spotlight it once more. Personally, I'm definitely more curious what indies and other stuff they're gonna show there.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to see more of Deathloop.

Deathloop is primarily a multiplayer game, right?
And people wonder why they are showing Deathloop again...this right here. Smart on Sony and it's the next big exclusive (timed) for them, it would make sense to.
And no, it's not.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
(Not that I think it's going to be there but) they didn't say no SIlent Hill, to be fair. They said that the show would have third party stuff which would include a theoretical Silent Hill. It's not a Sony game.

The only thing they've said definitely won't be there is God of War, Horizon and PSVR2.

Well no GOW for me is a huge anti-climax for me. This and SH would be the only games to restore some faith in gaming for me, after the death of MGS.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
What is going on today?

Are both the Nintendo Switch OLED and State of Play both smaller teaser stuff leading up to something much bigger happening soon?

I don't understand

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, Final Fantasy XVI, Braid, Forspoken, new Kingdom Hearts, Humanity, Little Devil Inside, Sifu, Bluepoint acquisition, Death Stranding Director's Cut, Bloodborne Remastered and The Last Guardian PS5 patch.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Deathloop has been my most anticipated game since its announcement, but I don't think I want/need to see more of it. However, there still seems to be some confusion about what this game IS, so it probably makes sense to spotlight it once more. Personally, I'm definitely more curious what indies and other stuff they're gonna show there.
I totally get where people are coming from with Deathloop. The game had a release date and got a ton of coverage (including a Gameinformer cover story) before it got delayed last second.

Feb 8, 2018
Will skip this one most likely but curious to see exclusives when they're ready. Btw.Test Drive Unlimited: solar crown did not show up anywhere since the months old tease unless i missed it.

Last edited:

Plum

May 31, 2018
Well last week you were all on Sony's throat because of indies right?
There you have. You should be happier. 👀

That sentence about no 1st party games...I have a feeling we're getting it in September now.

Posts like these always come up and they're always so weird because it really shouldn't take long to realise that "indies" aren't a monolith and that some are going to be less affected by Sony's poor treatment of indies than others.

Doub

Nov 11, 2020
I'm no Deathloop hater but I do feel like we've seen it enough times already. I think we had 2 looks at the game before ? Not sure what they could show more without spoiling too much ?

And no it's not multiplayer per se even if it has an asymmetric multiplayer component, where one player plays the guy that wants to break the loop and the other the woman that hunts him down and protects the loop.

Pretty stocked for some indies news, I hope we see more of Stray or Little Devil Inside. Maybe some new titles ?

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I did think for a second that surely Death Stranding: The Kojima Cut must in it too but with these State of Play's, you never fucking know.

I don't think I'll tune in if Deathloop is the focus. I'm already sold day one on that game so I'm not wasting my time. Will check everything else out after.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, Final Fantasy XVI, Braid, Forspoken, new Kingdom Hearts, Humanity, Little Devil Inside, Sifu, Bluepoint acquisition, Death Stranding Director's Cut, Bloodborne Remastered and The Last Guardian PS5 patch.

Setting the bar high already, huh?

I would be absolutely shocked if a new KH game gets announced at a show like this. If they didn't reveal it at E3 it's not gonna come now.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

Oh boy people will be disappointed by this if this is where we're setting the bar.

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward for Deathloop coming out so it never takes up conference/state of play slots again. I am so sick of seeing it

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Dev - PS hates Indies

Era - Boo PS

PS - Here's a SoP with Indies

Era- Boo PS, We want big AAA games

lol

To be fair to those showing snark/disappointment, you can love indie games/devs and still not be instantly excited by "there'll be indies!". People will be excited about them after they show them if they look good.

People love indies on Switch and Xbox too but if Xbox came out and said "our E3 presentation will be a short presentation on Far Cry 6 and then we'll also have indie games, sorry no Halo or Forza" you'd be seeing some ??? posts there too.

Folks just assumed the show would be more like a traditional E3 first party showcase, clearly. That's not shitting on indies, it's just wrong expectations biting them in the ass.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I've been hovering over that preorder button for awhile now, being only $54 sure makes it extra tempting.

All it takes is one good gameplay demo and I'm all over Deathloop

DrFreeman

Banned
May 9, 2020
Can't say I was expecting this at all. Kinda confused actually given how much we've seen of Deathloop already.

Where's the big show that was hinted at?

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Setting the bar high already, huh?

I would be absolutely shocked if a new KH game gets announced at a show like this. If they didn't reveal it at E3 it's not gonna come now.
Yeah, Kingdom Hearts and Bloodborne are basically the wishful thinking from that list. But Kingdom Hearts has probably something coming up for next year (20th anniversary), so I expect it either here or at TGS in September.

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
Hope they've been holding on some cool stuff with Deathloop cause that game has been shown AT LOT already.

Don't see FFXVI there if Deathloop is the headline.