Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
Guards at the container yard works perfectly fine. One on each of the corners that actively shoot as well.

Not sure why they never use the guard towers :3

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Default. Can't change it. Its the primary mechanic of the game.
1. Once supplies are gone they are gone permanently.

2. You can heal them if you want, but you can just have them rest at your base and it will eventually go away. If that bar fills up though you will be infected with blood plague.

3. Yeah I think they keep popping up. Not sure though.

4. I'd look into setting up some outposts for certain resources like power and fuel. Starting out, I started with a workshop, garden and infirmary. Had outposts with water and fuel.

Perfect. Just wanted to make sure it was set as such

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3440x1440 here and yes
28367851548_6bac06b6f4_o.png

Nice.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you get water to your home base without building a rain catcher? I'd like to be able to build a garden instead... I have very limited plots of land here.

Also, I have six survivors and only like three small plots of land to build stuff on - how can I go ahead and relocate to somewhere bigger? I heard that that ups the difficulty which is definitely welcome - this game is too easy right now.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I need an expertise in computers but when I try to read a computer book it says my character is at full skill. What gives?

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was driving at night and came across a juggernaut. I swerved to avoid it and ended up off-road... and lodged between some rocks.
xPKqDt1.png
So I guess I don't have a car anymore.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
These ladders have reduced my main character to around 25% max health now, far more deadly than any zombie i've encountered so far. I'm actually wondering sometimes if it's worth going to the top as the climb down is terrifying.

ForgedByGeeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Can you get water to your home base without building a rain catcher? I'd like to be able to build a garden instead... I have very limited plots of land here.

Also, I have six survivors and only like three small plots of land to build stuff on - how can I go ahead and relocate to somewhere bigger? I heard that that ups the difficulty which is definitely welcome - this game is too easy right now.

I am still just getting going, but I found a 2nd base that costs 1500 points to occupy and replace my current base with that had about 3x the number of build slots as the normal starting place.

My biggest issue is getting the 1500.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

You can make a water tower an outpost.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I am having a problem getting the game started, when I click on start community I get stuck on a black screen. I am on a regular xbox and on gamepass, what should I do?

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
So does anyone know if there is a way to make your followers gather resources?
Like if I'm out gathering can they pick things up without me switching characters?
Also, is there a button for quick character switch or do I have to enter the dialog window every time?

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
So does anyone know if there is a way to make your followers gather resources?
Like if I'm out gathering can they pick things up without me switching characters?
Also, is there a button for quick character switch or do I have to enter the dialog window every time?
They'll gather stuff automatically on their own, but it'll be things like pill bottles and coffee, you can't make them grab raw resources.
If you press Back and then RB it'll bring you to where you can swap between all characters without having to go up and talk to them.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
A lot of the side quests to help people end with them being able to recruit and I feel bad cause I ain't got space for em.

I chose to make my base at the plateau and I feel like the building next door can be easily combined into my base, adding extra room. Is that an option later in the game or does anyone know when I'll be able to move to a bigger place?

TheTurboFD

Banned
Nov 24, 2017
Is there a faster way to destroy plague hearts? I threw 3 molotovs directly at it then had to use all my AWP magazine and then my whole glock mag to kill it.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the side quests to help people end with them being able to recruit and I feel bad cause I ain't got space for em.

I chose to make my base at the plateau and I feel like the building next door can be easily combined into my base, adding extra room. Is that an option later in the game or does anyone know when I'll be able to move to a bigger place?
Just need to build up your influence to be able to move into a new base. You will also need a certain number of community members. Each base is different. Look on the map, should be labeled if you have discovered them.
Oh no I already tried restarting the xbox it would suck if I had to reinstall it as I have slow internet and then it isnt even guaranteed to work. Is this a known issue? Is a patch coming? I might have to wait for that.
first I have heard of the issue tbh. Check reddit and undeadlabs.com.
Is there a faster way to destroy plague hearts? I threw 3 molotovs directly at it then had to use all my AWP magazine and then my whole glock mag to kill it.
AK seems to do the trick for me.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017

It is going to sound silly but my Crowbar is best against plaige hearts. I Chuck all my eplosives and they do damage but the crowbar always finishes the job

jgminto

Oct 25, 2017
Just making sure I haven't missed it somehow but there's no way to call in another survivor to make a supply run on a building you've searched? Why would they remove that from the original?

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to tell (on PC) how much playtime you've put into the game? I beat the game yesterday but I'd like to know the final count.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
my favourite thing is finding an angle from outside a building to just chuck like 9 bottle cap bombs through a window to nuke a plague heart in one alpha strike

if only my companion AI wasn't idiotic

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I hate it so much how you just keep waving at nothing, wasting stamina as you're trying to whack off zombies sort of obscured by a friendly survivor/one being attacked by a zombie. Especially when in doorways.
Let me help them you stupid game. Yes I'm standing at an angle in which there isn't a proper clear shot at the zombie, but you know what I'm trying to accomplish here.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Just making sure I haven't missed it somehow but there's no way to call in another survivor to make a supply run on a building you've searched? Why would they remove that from the original?
yeah I haven't seen it either.
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to tell (on PC) how much playtime you've put into the game? I beat the game yesterday but I'd like to know the final count.
xbox app should have it under your state of decay achievements.
Anybody else not having any of their npcs go on the watchtowers? They were all bitching about having one but none of those shits wants to go on it even though they all have guns.
I think I read on reddit that it was a bug.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else not having any of their npcs go on the watchtowers? They were all bitching about having one but none of those shits wants to go on it even though they all have guns.

it's all passive effect stuff which is annoying as fuck

I feel like in OG SoD they'd actually use the watchtowers.

Also what's the point of the watchtower in the middle of my base anyway. Mostly what you guys are seeing is the roofs of my other shacks

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
There's so much active side quests going on. Quest for specific characters, rescue quests, etc.

Just need to build up your influence to be able to move into a new base. You will also need a certain number of community members. Each base is different. Look on the map, should be labeled if you have discovered them.
What a shame that I can't add the next lot to my base. It's literally using the same wall as my base. All I can do is turn it into a outpost.

I guess I better start saving up influence and exploring.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Was on thin ice with our closest neighbors, so I brought them an ammo sack that they wanted, to make amends, but I accidentally clicked "no thanks" so they went hostile. Later on I lucked out and there was a juggernaut nearby, so I lured it over to their front door with my car and they took the bait. It softened them up for me, they killed it netting me the 50+ influence, then I finished them off with a few pistol shots where I was watching from across the street. Good stuff.

Also I have 2 food outposts and 2 medical ones, feel like I'm pretty stable right now. I guess I should start exploring outwards to find a bigger base.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Man, I'm in a different spot in life compared to when I played the original SOD. I'm having to take breaks from the sequel due to being a little stressed. That, and I hate doing shit at night (which seems to last twice as long as the daytime to me).

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Man, I'm in a different spot in life compared to when I played the original SOD. I'm having to take breaks from the sequel due to being a little stressed. That, and I hate doing shit at night (which seems to last twice as long as the daytime to me).

Same here lol, it seems like everytime I'm out exploring it suddenly becomes night and lasts far longer than the daytime.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Fuck. I think I relocated my base way too early, and now I'm struggling to get everything back up. Shouldn't have taken up those two followers at once, but I wanted one of the girl's engineering trait for the future. So now I'm trying to get everyone beds, and all the other shit that was working perfectly fine when I was back at my initial base with my five survivors.

Also encountered my first juggernaut. Ramming my truck into him didn't work. I should have known better just by seeing it's size, almost ended up dead. That said, I think I'm going to completely avoid them. They're HUGE bullet sponges, not worth it.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. I think I relocated my base way too early, and now I'm struggling to get everything back up. Shouldn't have taken up those two followers at once, but I wanted one of the girl's engineering trait for the future. So now I'm trying to get everyone beds, and all the other shit that was working perfectly fine when I was back at my initial base with my five survivors.

Also encountered my first juggernaut. Ramming my truck into him didn't work. I should have known better just by seeing it's size, almost ended up dead. That said, I think I'm going to completely avoid them. They're HUGE bullet sponges, not worth it.

If you can find the 50 caliber sniper, it takes him to his knees in 3 shots to the head and kills him with 5.