Philosopher

Sep 5, 2018
Starfield + Halo Infinite in 2021 for Xbox is KILLER! Plus anything on top. I believe in Todd Howard and in all his lies

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
2021 honestly makes sense.

MS is name dropping Starfield a lot and we know that Sony was trying to shop timed-exclusivity. I think that means that Sony saw the game also and liked what they saw enough to want to try and negotiate.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
If this turns out to be "Destiny" (rather, the ethereal pre-gameplay idea of Destiny that was promised; ie: SciFi Skyrim in Space) but single-player, I'll die. Because it really sounds like exactly what I wanted from Destiny and never really got.

Hnng.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Probably the same 2018 build in which they were testing a few things or something. Very excited for this game though

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Until we get leaked footage of a flightless enemy randomly ascending to the heavens or the sound of a car randomly exploding in the distance, not convinced this is a BGS game.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Definitely thinking it'll drop in 2021, the game is further along than we might think.

Honestly, I like the hard sci-fi slant.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Another image from the leaker:
onvooafxh4q51.png

From Reddit:

Like the last screenshot, this looks like an early test area.
Pfft... typical Bethesda jank!!! /s

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this game has aliens
I hope its got good alien designs like Mass Effect and not "various shades of looking like a human with makeup on" star trek style.

You're goddamn right I want to play as a giant toad man with an armored plate on his back and head that also has four testicles.

TES does have weird shit like Argonians and Khajiit though so I'm hopeful.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
2021 was always super obvious. It matches up with the history of their release schedule and what we know about the development time of this game.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
We already have a thread on the front page discussing this, shoulda mentioned it's a test build from 2018
www.resetera.com

Starfield Screenshot Leak Rumor

Starfield + Halo Infinite in 2021 for Xbox is KILLER! Plus anything on top. I believe in Todd Howard and in all his lies

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I kinda get the "dev room of Starfield" vibe from that screenshot. Ya know where they store all the items etc.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
2021 was always super obvious. It matches up with the history of their release schedule and what we know about the development time of this game.
Matches exactly with what Pete Hines said last year lol, I still think it makes 2021 even with COVID. I remember Todd saying they wanted to pull another Fallout 4 marketing-wise so next time we see this is June 2021 probs.

Nov 2, 2019
I'm not saying that this ISNT Starfield, but it looks like something someone with half a knowledge of Unity could make in a day with some premade assets. If it is Starfield it's probably from a LONG time ago. It's been in dev since 2015.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
All these screenshots look like they should have a #madeinDreams attached to them.
I mean, test levels in any AAA game will look like this.

This is actually one of the nicer looking ones.

I'm not saying that this ISNT Starfield, but it looks like something someone with half a knowledge of Unity make in a day with some premise assets. If it is Starfield it's probably from a LONG time ago. It's been in dev since 2015.

It could be, but it's equally likely it's a recent screenshot and it's from one of many scenes they'll have that are set up to see what assets look like under certain lighting conditions, test collision, simulate basic gameplay loops, and so on.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Pasting what I said from the guess the release date thread:

This is going to sound like "my uncle works at Nintendo" story but I bought a new puppy in June and when I was visiting they asked if I had a name in mind for him once I confirmed I wanted him so they could start calling him by it so he would get used to it. The lady joked that it couldn't be worse than the names of all their sheep because her husband works for Bethesda so they are all named from characters in Skyrim and stuff like that.

Anyway as soon as she said that I was like wow that's cool and he was there so I jokingly said you better get back to work then to get ES6 done. He said "Got to get Starfield out next year first so might be waiting a while". I had completely forgot about Starfield so was just like oh yeah forgot you were making that. That's everything I got to say on that, obviously with Covid and everything else going on this year then maybe things have changed but that's what was said

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I was really skeptical of 2021 release date talk with respect to Starfield, just because it seemed like all the industry folk were under the impression that it was still a ways off.

But I've started to come around for two reasons:
  1. We know (I think?) that Sony was in discussions to secure timed exclusivity for Starfield. I don't know that you do that for a game that's 2+ years away from release. I think you wait until you can see daylight on the release of the game.
  2. After so many games journalists seemed to be buying into the idea that MS was going to pay $7.5B for Bethesda and then release their games on Playstation, and didn't seem to just be playing devil's advocate, I kinda don't think these guys know what they're talking about.
And man, adding Starfield to Halo/Forza would make for an *extremely strong* holiday 2021 games lineup for Xbox/Gamepass. Just in time, too. Because that's where your console has its first test of swaying decisions of the non-hardcore crowd.