• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starfield Expectations

• Certified Hype. No Need To See Gameplay

Votes: 151 28.7%
  • Gameplay First. Hype Based On What Is actually Shown

Votes: 376 71.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
As something of a Bethesda stan compared to most folks here I have high expectations for Starfield, but also think we ABSOLUTELY need to see gameplay and hands on impressions (for more than a few hours) before we can form any opinions. All this art stuff is okay as a trickle of info. For now.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Its on gamepass, so I really dont need to see any gameplay. If I had to buy it on its own I would do some research though and see some reviews.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Never a good to hype even with it without gameplay. It will never meet expectations then.
You can be excited.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
What I said is based on what they've said and shown at this stage though. I didn't even say anything about Naughty Dog but to add, they have never remained so vague about a brand new IP in its launch year. Bethesda Game Studios absolutely has pedigree and Starfield may end up being exceptional but they also have not made a game set in space before, just like before Fallout 76 they hadn't developed a multiplayer game.
They are not very vague, they tried to explain it. We have seen still shots, we can kind of get a good idea of the setting. It's the gameplay we all want to see but when do Bethesda show gameplay that early?

I do agree though, they have a lot to prove because Fallout 76 was met with huge backlash, but I think they turned it around going by peoples comments who still play it. Fallout 4 had a lukewarm reception too. These things happen when you don't really advance your gameplay or continue to use old engines that are a buggy mess. Or when you come from a game as popular as Skyrim, it's hard to top it or keep that same hype expectation.

I however don't have any qualms with people being overly excited, it's a whole new IP and on a new engine. As you know AAA new IP's are very hard to come by nowadays.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I already believe it will have planet to planet travel space travel without loading screens, like No Man's Sky and Star Citizen, with multiple star systems to explore, multiple key cities and other hand-crafted locations, but with a heavy reliance on ground-breaking procedural generation tech to fill out environments in-between classic Bethesda "dungeons" and POIs on planet surfaces (that you can traverse absurdly fast between in a space ship anyway, so POI distance can be crazy high).

So yeah, count me in the certified hype category. I know I'm setting myself up for a potentially big let down, but I believe in Todd.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
After Fallout 4, I don't get hyped much for Bethesda RPGs. I was so hyped for 4 and 76 yet they both let me down. I hope they worked on their engine more and have updated their gameplay more rather then it just being Skyrim/Fallout in space.

Oct 29, 2017
i'm cautiously excited, waiting for more details and gameplay before getting hyped. it certainly has potential, especially with support from the modding community, but we don't know a whole lot yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.