mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this picture; I would have accepted Palpatine's return more if it had been like this.

qw772vzc8cw41.jpg

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
How did they drop the ball so badly on episode ix when you have something like the Mandalorian and season 7 TCW.

I rewatched it again and the quality of this vs TLJ or the new TV series is just night and day. So disappointed.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
^^ hmm. Ok I guess. Is that novelization supposed to make things better? Lol

I'm enjoying the Clone Wars CG show. So darn good. Shame can't say this of this movie.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just finally watched this on Disney +

Without going into too much detail because I just don't want to, I think one of the single biggest issues of this film was that it was supposed to be the finale of probably the single greatest "saga" in film history and the stakes should be so high. Yet the movie time and time again proved that there was nothing to ever worry about.

The whole gang might be dead due to the sinking sand stuff!...nah jk they're actually exactly where they need to be now.

Chewy's dead! ...Nah he's not jk.

C3PO's memory is wiped!! ...nah it's not jk.

Rey is dead! ... Nah she good sleepin' beauty dat ass.

I mean fuck they couldn't even give us the death of a pretty whatever side character that had like 5 minutes total screen time in the film (Poe's love interest or whatever)

Shit her planet just got destroyed! Fuck she was kinda cool. Well good thing she was cool enough to give up that empire chip cause she's dead!...

...nah jk we can't even have her be a consequence she's good.

There was never any feeling that anything in this movie was going to have any consequence after a while. Which is like the exact opposite of what you want from a film like this

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
PRELOGY

Wait, a prophecy to bring balance and restore the Force ? But Anakin is turning dark side he can't be the chosen one !

TRILOGY

Oh, it's not Luke the chosen one, it was indeed Anakin bringing balance by killing Sheev off, nice !

POSTLOGY

Nevermind.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
It's so dumb that JJ doubled down on the whole force legacy/hereditary element, yet made the son of the most powerful being in the canon galaxy into a normal dad with no force powers that just got cut like any other street thug.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
PRELOGY

Wait, a prophecy to bring balance and restore the Force ? But Anakin is turning dark side he can't be the chosen one !

TRILOGY

Oh, it's not Luke the chosen one, it was indeed Anakin bringing balance by killing Sheev off, nice !

POSTLOGY

Nevermind.

No, you see, his grandson did it. It all adds up.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
So I finally got around to watching The Rise of Palpatine the other day.....I'm an old fart and my first Star Wars movie was The Empire Strikes Back.....I'm kind of speechless at the lack of reverence Disney have shown to this series given they decided to end it with this trilogy that never needed to exist in the first place.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Time and starting from bad ideas.

Not having a plan at all for this trilogy.

This whole ST was a god damn mess, all three movies feel so disconnected and clearly no one had any idea what the overall plan was, with each movie doing it's own thing. How they launched a ST with no overall plan in place is the biggest fucking mystery of all time.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not having a plan at all for this trilogy.

This whole ST was a god damn mess, all three movies feel so disconnected and clearly no one had any idea what the overall plan was, with each movie doing it's own thing. How they launched a ST with no overall plan in place is the biggest fucking mystery of all time.
I mean, the first two work for me. The third one is just like that loud asshole at improv class who doesn't know how to "yes and" and wants to make everything about them.

It's basically the Michael Scott of movies.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to watching this and it was just not good. So many unnecessary revisions and additions. Characters introduced for nostalgia only while new characters are sidelined, some horrid writing and really lackluster action.

As someone who grew up obsessively watching the original trilogy over and over again on VHS, I have come to accept that disappointing movies are just to be expected, yet this movie still came in well below my expectations. I am not quite willing to admit that it is worse than Episode 2 yet, but I remember at least enjoying my first viewing of that movie at the time...

I dont understand why Abrams is constantly asked to shit all over existing works. It should be obvious at this point that he isnt able to bring originality or even a coherent vision to the job.

How do you pay multiple billions of dollars for the rights to this franchise and then not even develop a coherent trilogy to build off of?