• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I just talked my parents through the story of the film while in the car and my mom was just like "I'm glad we didn't go see that". Especially when I mentioned Palpatine is Rey's grandfather. My sweet super-nice mom was like 'OH COME ON'.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Can't get over how sidelined Rose was in this one. Worse than how Lando was downgraded in RotJ, by a large margin. Fuck the entire Jannah plotline. Could have used all that time on Rose.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Rogue One is on the telly and for all its troubles, it's so much better than Rise of Skywalker.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Poe was given a a new love interest to show he wasn't gay. New black character then introduced to be a love interest for Finn. White FMC has no feelings for the black character and ends up with the white space Nazi.

The new black girl, Jannah, who was a child clone trooper/soldier was supposed to be Lando Calrissians daughter but that plot got cut entirely except the brief "hey, where are you from" line between them which gets turned from "dad meeting daughter" into creepy old man perving on young girl without the cut scenes.

It explains why he was hanging out on that festival planet after Luke fucked off to be alone, thats where she was taken and he was hoping she might come back some day.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So we're already to the point where we're complaining about anything and everything with this movie?

Please explain to me how the main black character being a janitor and the main latino character being a motherfucking drug dealer is okay and not something to be complaining about.

Please, by all means, I'm ALL ears...

Dec 12, 2017
Can't get over how sidelined Rose was in this one. Worse than how Lando was downgraded in RotJ, by a large margin. Fuck the entire Jannah plotline. Could have used all that time on Rose.
Naw, that ain't it, fam. Jannah didn't need to be sidelined at all to get Rose more screen time. All they had to do...and it's a wiiiiiiild idea, so bear with me...is JUST INCLUDE HER ON THE MAIN MISSION WITH THE CORE 3.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
stating that you don't like seeing shit on the screen and then explaining why you don't like seeing shit on the screen. Pretty simple to parse.

I mean if you like watching shit, then hey, more power to you. The rest of us don't like watching someone take a shit on something they used to enjoy,.
I've already stated numerous reasons why I disliked it. Then I moved on. And there's plenty more of this franchise to enjoy.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new black girl, Jannah, who was a child clone trooper/soldier was supposed to be Lando Calrissians daughter but that plot got cut entirely except the brief "hey, where are you from" line between them which gets turned from "dad meeting daughter" into creepy old man perving on young girl without the cut scenes.

It explains why he was hanging out on that festival planet after Luke fucked off to be alone, thats where she was taken and he was hoping she might come back some day.

Smallest galaxy in fiction. Everyone is related to someone in this series.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Please explain to me how the main black character being a janitor and the main latino character being a motherfucking drug dealer is okay and not something to be complaining about.

Please, by all means, I'm ALL ears...
I was more so referring to the bits of the visual dictionary and not the racial stereotypes.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The positives are Adam Driver and his delivery with a ton of Han Solo. And some action scenes.

I'd love to love this though

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
you just don't understand the kino of abrams.

People treated JJ like the second-coming after his dickless retread of ANH. (The root of all this shite).

His feeble skills and lack of vision have been thoroughly exposed - he gave us Star Wars: Jump the Shark to sit firmly in the bog where T3 & AvP reside.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find Star Wars to be interesting not because of magic and the Force but because it's just a space opera with people just going about their business on thousands of planets across the galaxy. Conflicts that don't involve the Force or Sith and Jedi are way more interesting to me. They feel more grounded and the stakes feel real.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have to say. Adam driver was a god damn highlight of this film. He out acted almost everyone. He was fucking great. Too bad he was sandwiched in a shit film.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Rey Palpatine is a "poor little Disney Princess " story.

This just made me realize the ending of ROS is basically Tangled

Old relative wants the young heroine's power to stay young, "kills" her love interest, winds up turning to dust once the heroine manages to rebel

Tangled was way better tho

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
source.gif

Tis the season.
Missed opportunity to have this gif be of the version where she puts her hand on his dick.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Also don't forget. We can't have a strong black minority lead hook up with the white girl lead. Nope. Instead we'll shoe horn a kiss between to the two white leads AND sideline the asian lead AND add another black girl for the black guy so he has a minority companion. Fuck. This. Piece. of. Shit. Film.

Yeah, very annoyed that they chickened out of all the mixed-race relationships they've been setting up for 2 movies. They basically retconned out Rose's feelings for Finn.

Like, Jannah's great on her own, but I don't like the feeling that she was introduced largely to give Finn another black character to interact with / be shipped with.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
so what the fuck was your point then with that shit post? It's about as well thought out as this fucking movie.
You're right. Me complaining about the most stupidest of complaints is about as stupid as some of the complaints themselves

HAHAHA. Wow, that was fast.

Because I saw your post as soon as I replied to someone else's.

Quickest backpedal I've seen in a while
If that was how it was interpreted then I apologize, but that was not the intention.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've already stated numerous reasons why I disliked it. Then I moved on. And there's plenty more of this franchise to enjoy.
Yes clearly you have moved on which is why you continue to be in every star wars threads bemoaning that the central conversation is negative.

If you want to only talk about what you enjoy with the franchise do so with the other people in this thread who are saying good things about the movie. No one is complaining about you or others having that conversation. Its only you and the people who enjoyed the movie that feel the need to keep complaining that were not talking about things in an acceptable manner as if the conversation should be tailored in one particular way.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You gotta give to JJ Abrams, a true visionary. This is clearly the first movie designed for people that watch Netflix and Youtube at 1.5X speed. I swear even John Williams' music sounded sped up and rushed out.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The Emperor getting wasted the way he did was pretty sweet.
Yea, it's almost like we've seen that happen before, multiple times, but he still doesn't learn!

You gotta give to JJ Abrams, a true visionary. This is clearly the first movie designed for people that watch Netflix and Youtube at 1.5X speed. I swear even John Williams' music sounded sped up and rushed out.
The pace will feel better on your next viewing. I promise.

Liha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Salzburg, Austria
I just saw the movie, who greenlighted this movie and screenplay? This movie is pure garbage, especially the ridiculous Palpetine plot and the ending. TLJ is by far the best of the new trilogy with some new fresh ideas.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
As a film to sit back and enjoy, I quite liked it. First 30 felt way too jumping all over the place, but then the next hour or so was really solid - enjoyed that.

I was prepared for a final hour of fan service, and I didn't think it was that bad. However my main problems are that the last hour was firstly, super obvious, predictable and lazy. Mainly my problems are the choices with characters, I hate, hate, hate the family stuff. I loved what TLJ did with Rey's parents, and absolutely detested them flipping this and just plonking the Emperor back in. The Lando daughter thing just a ridiculous icing on the cake.

The kiss was fucking dumb. From nowhere.

Given they had to do some sentimental old character stuff, I thought it was fine. Though some of the Leia stuff did feel a little stilted to me and they could have done less and made it more impactful.

Yeah, fine as a spectacle, but some cowardly, lazy and predictable decisions.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"I am all the sith!"

but yo... wait.. what if Rey said..

*cameras zooms in."

"And I...am all the Jedi??"

BROOO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.