ChemicalWorld

"This guy are sick"
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
If this has HOTAS support, I think I may have found my game to get back into the genre again. Please be good...

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
This looks great. Hopefully it's well support for years so that I can experience it in VR one day

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
For someone interested what's a decent dogfighting game and somewhat cheap but decent hotas to try and get into the genre?

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I never preorder digital games but I want this so bad that I keep checking the PSN store regularely now to see if it's finally available.
I need this so bad!

Apr 25, 2020
giphy.gif

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
Looks much better than I expected. VR means I'm in, but I still would like more details about the game.

5v5 is a bit light for epic space battles, though.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Makes sense for Fleet Battles. AI guarding the ships and shit. Not to mention it adds to the feel of it being a full space battle. Dogfight mode might just be 5v5.

Exactly my thoughts. AI are a welcome addition for fleet battles. It'll help the scale a lot. Better than tiny 5v5 battles taking on a Star Destroyer.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
So, what's a solid HOTAS setup for PC that doesn't break the bank? Can a decent one be bought for under $100?

Exactly my thoughts. AI are a welcome addition for fleet battles. It'll help the scale a lot. Better than tiny 5v5 battles taking on a Star Destroyer.

Yeah, this offers best of both worlds; you want stripped down PvP combat, you can play Dogfight instead. I'll definitely be playing both.

4Tran

Nov 4, 2017
This is the first EA game that I've been interested in a very long time. It looks damned good but I wouldn't get it until I build a new gaming PC.

In the games it was the B-wing

Y-Wing is what you use to disable ships with the ion cannon
This game is using the old X-Wing and Tie Fighters as a base, and the Y-Wing was the bomber that was equivalent to the Tie Bomber. Besides, Squadrons is trying to somewhat balance the different fighters so it doesn't have stuff like the B-Wing and Tie Defender.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Looks great, it has everything i need. The only thing missing is a beefy single player campaign.

Any word on HOTAS support?

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It looks really good and brings back memories of 90s X-Wing/TIE Fighter... but I think I'm finally over Star Wars.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Im definitely interested after watching the reveal.
Just need a lot more impressions before I'm convinced.

PSVR for Single player and regular tv for MP sounds like how I'd want to play this.
Kudos to Motive for including VR support!

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Not sure if it's been posted, but the minimum/recommended/VR specs are up:

Recommended (non-VR) / Minimum (VR)
  • Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 3200G
  • Processor (Intel): Intel I7-7700
  • Memory: 16GB
  • Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon RX 480 or Equivalent
  • Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 1060 or Equivalent
  • DirectX: 11
  • Multiplayer Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
  • Hard Drive Space: 30GB
Recommended (VR)
  • Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 3200G
  • Processor (Intel): Intel I7-7700
  • Memory: 16GB
  • Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon RX 570 or Equivalent
  • Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 1070 or Equivalent
  • Multiplayer Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Minimum (non-VR)
  • Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 1300X
  • Processor (Intel): Intel I5-7600
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon HD 7850 or Equivalent
  • Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 660 or Equivalent

I just barely meet the recommended VR specs, hopefully that's enough for my Rift.

4Tran

Nov 4, 2017

Bora Horza

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
It looks really good!

Can't wait to get on the mic and start quoting the movies, 'stay on target', 'I have you now', 'it's a trap', I'm going to get muted so fast 🤣

Oct 31, 2017
It looks really good and brings back memories of 90s X-Wing/TIE Fighter... but I think I'm finally over Star Wars.
The Sequel trilogy made me go from a really hardcore fan to thinking I was over with the franchise. The Mandalorian, Fallen Order, and Soule's Vader run reminded me of what I loved about it. I'm back in and I'm willing to give this game a chance because it looks lovely. But the $40 price tag and the fact its EA is telling me to temper my expectations. I suddenly feel a great urgency, more so than after Alyx, to pick up a VR setup though!

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I always loved playing 1st person in BFII's Starfighter Assault, but hardly did because of the disadvantage when playing 3rd person players. So I'm hyped. And that price is very tempting.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Sequel trilogy made me go from a really hardcore fan to thinking I was over with the franchise. The Mandalorian, Fallen Order, and Soule's Vader run reminded me of what I loved about it. I'm back in and I'm willing to give this game a chance because it looks lovely. But the $40 price tag and the fact its EA is telling me to temper my expectations. I suddenly feel a great urgency, more so than after Alyx, to pick up a VR setup though!

I think I've been losing interest since Phantom Menace, though I really enjoyed Last Jedi. Most of everything else just hasn't worked for me (especially the Mandalorian!).

Ah, well. No ill will to the franchise. This looks very cool.

OtterX

Mar 12, 2020
Looks incredible. Is anyone else thrown off by the lack of crosshairs/aiming? I know it looks more true to the films, but it it seems like it could be an issue.

I'm IN.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! This looks fantastic. Really hope to stick the landing. I've been wanting a modern Star Wars starfightergame for ages now.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Mother of God.

I absolutely loved the Factor-5 Star Wars games and this seems to be following in their footsteps. I absolutely cannot wait.

Will be there day 1 for VR with Index. Tempted to buy a HOTAS for it too.

This is most definitely not following in the footsteps of the Factor-5 Star Wars games at all. It's decidedly following in the footsteps of X-Wing series.