• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone ever said that. It could happen anytime out of the blue like what happened with Mandalorian seasons 1 and 2.
It could, but it's unlikely between Disney killing off Movie Club, changing their distribution pipeline, and nearly every retailer outside of Walmart and extremely overpriced Barnes & Noble killing off physical film media floor space.

As it was those aforementioned releases felt like vestiges of a very delayed plan that happened to finally make it out the door in the twilight of that model of business for Disney, done with the bare minimum given the HDR issues of Disney+ are still present on disc for Mando.

Edit: I'm not saying Disney won't continue physical media releases and sales, but I do think they'll be tightening their offerings back up to mainly theatrical home release and maybe some DVDs for kid shows until the market settles on where physical ends up.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone ever said that. It could happen anytime out of the blue like what happened with Mandalorian seasons 1 and 2.
I was on Amazon looking to see if they ever released it and just simply couldn't find it. Just due to internet being slow in my place I wanted to see if I could buy the show beyond the season 1-5 and the sixth season sets.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Badass.

samuel-l-jackson-back-together-with-his-purple-lightsaber-v0-w7ewbmsjrslc1.jpeg

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

In a stunning turn of events, Patty Jenkins has claimed that she has signed a new deal with Lucasfilm and Disney to return to work as the writer and director of a Rogue Squadron movie, which was agreed just prior to this summer's strikes. Jenkins, who left the role in order to make Wonder Woman 3, told host Ben Mankiewicz on the TCM/Max podcast, Talking Pictures, that she had signed an agreement to return to a galaxy far, far away.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I want that Andor Bluray steelbook but also think I should wait until Season 2 comes out because I feel like they are likely to release a complete collection, right?

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
There's a new comic out today that acts as a prequel to The Duel from Visions.

911WtmfpqAL._SY466_.jpg

It's from Takashi Okazaki who wrote the script and did the character design and concept art for the episode. I haven't read the novel tie-in but I'll give this a shot.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
There's a new comic out today that acts as a prequel to The Duel from Visions.

911WtmfpqAL._SY466_.jpg

It's from Takashi Okazaki who wrote the script and did the character design and concept art for the episode. I haven't read the novel tie-in but I'll give this a shot.
The tie-in novel is fantastic by the way. It uses the short as a prologue and then continues the story from there. Great story and cast of characters, and some fantastic world building. I'd take a whole multimedia storytelling project set in that alternate universe, lol.

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The tie-in novel is fantastic by the way. It uses the short as a prologue and then continues the story from there. Great story and cast of characters, and some fantastic world building. I'd take a whole multimedia storytelling project set in that alternate universe, lol.
Oh, good. I'll have to check it out. I've fallen behind on the novels in general. I keep meaning to get back to the High Republic, but I've been reading other things.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts in order:
1) HOW THE FUCK WERE THEY ABLE TO DO THOSE CLIPS ON THE BUILDING
2) Wait, why today? Why not May the 4th?
3) Wait, should I be feeling bad for the people on the lower floors of the building? Are they getting constantly flashes in their eyes?
4) The Hayden Christensen redemption arc continues to be great.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I was thinking of watching a new Return of the Jedi fan restoration this weekend. As a kid that was the Star Wars movie I was around for, and old enough to remember. I think I even saw it at the theater. I remember being a big fan of Boba Fett, and having a Gamorrean Guard halloween mask. Those were the days.

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK

View: https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/1775901308668588367

The new issue of Empire is a world-exclusive deep-dive into Star Wars' boldest series yet – speaking to The Acolyte creator and showrunner Leslye Headland about bringing her distinctive Star Wars vision to the screen, and presenting a deeply personal story in the world of cinema's greatest space opera. Plus, we meet the show's sprawling cast of assorted Jedi, smugglers, assassins and witches – speaking to Amandla Stenberg, Lee Jung-jae, Carrie-Anne Moss, Dafne Keen, Charlie Barnett, Joonas Suotamo, Rebecca Henderson, Manny Jacinto and Jodie Turner-Smith about establishing a whole new galactic era. Plus, the issue is filled with never-before-seen images, offering your best look yet at the all-new take on the series' lore in a Star Wars series like no other. Bring on the return of the Jedi.

The subscriber cover is very nice.

EMP-JUN24-SUBS-1500.png

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Do we know who the Wookie is? I'm gonna assume Burry, but it could be Arkoff?

Ah, no, just checked, new character, Kelnacca. Funny we've gone from Huyang telling Gungie Wookiee's are rare in the Order, to potentially three contemporary Wookiee's in The High Republic, lol. Maybe that's why the Order started sucking, less Wookiees.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure mostly everyone has already seen this elsewhere, but just so it's here in the official thread (in case you didn't see it):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIST9t72kY

May 4th, All Six Episodes.

deadline.com

Beau Willimon To Co-Write James Mangold’s ‘Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi’

'Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi' has tapped 'House of Cards' creator Beau Willimon to pen the script with James Mangold, Deadline has confirmed.

Beau Willimon (Andor) has been tapped to co-write Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi (working title) alongside the film's director James Mangold, Deadline can confirm.

And finally:

deadline.com

‘Mandalorian & Grogu’, ‘Moana’ Live Action & ‘Toy Story 5’ Stake Out 2026 Release Dates

Big news ahead of CinemaCon for Disney — and they’re not showing off their presentation until the last day of the exhibitor and studio love-in on April 11. In big 2026 news, Jon Favreau’s big screen version of The Mandalorian — The Mandalorian & Grogu— is the updated Star Wars title on May 22...

In big 2026 news, Jon Favreau's big screen version of The MandalorianThe Mandalorian & Grogu— is the updated Star Wars title on May 22, 2026. Star Wars films on a theatrical release calendar far far away use to release around Memorial Day weekend. The last one to do so was Solo: A Star Wars Story. No rival wide releases on Mando's date.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Interested in reading some of the newer canon books. Any recs to begin with? Shadows of the Sith, Brotherhood, and Master & Apprentice are the ones that interested me the most.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interested in reading some of the newer canon books. Any recs to begin with? Shadows of the Sith, Brotherhood, and Master & Apprentice are the ones that interested me the most.
I can vouch for Master & Apprentice and Bloodline. Dooku: Jedi Lost and the brand new The Living Force I've heard great things about. People also seem very fond of the Alphabet Squadron series.

The High Republic kickoff novel, Light of the Jedi, is also great. You just may run the risk of getting sucked into that worthwhile rabbit hole.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea ive got the first High Republic book and the omnibus of comics on the shelf, just wanted to wait a bit longer before jumping into that stuff. Still reading the current run of Marvel Star Wars comics, post Empire Strikes Back.

But I recently noticed how many newer Star Wars books had come out and they all sound fun lol. I picked up Shadows of the Sith and Master and Apprentice. Will start one tonight.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

Based off of your choices, seems like you're most interested in books focusing on telling new stories with main cast members. Of those three, Shadows is easily my favorite. Getting to have Luke & Lando together for a story was great, and was an element that was such a neat idea in TROS that's never actually explored in the movie beyond references, and in general it flushes out a lot of TROS stuff in generally interesting ways. It doesn't "fix" TROS, but it goes a long way, and the book is also just really interesting on its own with a really cool vibe to it. I love weird Force shit and it's definitely a story with a good bit of that. Probably near-ish the top of the list of my favorite Star Wars books.

Brotherhood and Master & Apprentice are both solid and I enjoyed them, but neither are particularly notable. Very mid-2000s prequel-era EU. You read them specifically because you want to see more of Obi-Wan/Anakin and Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon respectively, and if that's what you want, yeah, they deliver. They don't disappoint, but just don't expect any big new stories, additions to the universe, or a particularly unique lens on things.

In theme with your choices, I see Bloodline has been mentioned twice. Definitely a solid pick. Leia-focused story that does a lot to explain the state of the Galaxy in the ST-era, is one of the few stories at all set between the Mando shows and the ST, and is just a really good book. I'd also add the Padme trilogy of books, Queen's Peril, Queen's Shadow, and Queen's Hope. They flush out her handmaidens and fill in Padme's story outside of the movies. Lower stakes stories, which I often enjoy, that really go into what makes the characters tick and creates a really compelling cast out the handmaidens. Dooku: Jedi Lost, which is an audio-original with a full cast about Dooku's origin, is also a great choice if you're down for a radio drama.

And I can't talk about Star Wars novels without my number 1 recommendations, the Alphabet Squadron trilogy. Just absolute top-tier books across the board, with some of the most complex and compelling character work in the whole franchise. Follows an Imperial defector in the time between the Battles of Endor and Jakku, as well as a misfit cast of Rebel pilots (each with an X-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, Y-Wing, and U-Wing, hence the squadron's name) whose backgrounds and motivations all unfold over the course of the trilogy, all the way up until the final pages.

Bonus recommendation, Phasma. It's like Fury Road X Star Wars and it's fucking great.

(And yeah, High Republic is great, though given its scope its definitely an investment, even if you only keep to one form of media within the full series. Definitely give Light of the Jedi a shot at minimum though. It introduces the era and what it's all about, and gives a great look at what "peak Jedi" looked like.)

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I have a quick question about Mandalore's history.

I was just watching the video where Mandalore was nuked by the Empire. Is this the second or the first time the planet is bombarded? I remember it was already a desolated place and I assumed it was the result of the Mandalorian Wars, but now I'm don't know if it was simply a disaster from overpopulation and unchecked expansion.

Oct 25, 2017
I have a quick question about Mandalore's history.

I was just watching the video where Mandalore was nuked by the Empire. Is this the second or the first time the planet is bombarded? I remember it was already a desolated place and I assumed it was the result of the Mandalorian Wars, but now I'm don't know if it was simply a disaster from overpopulation and unchecked expansion.
Mandalorians had done it to themselves throughout history from wars,

they could only then have the big dome cities(from Clone Wars etc)
latest

that are then destroyed by the Empire.
jason-martin-mandalorian-s3-sundari-side-b.jpg

Last edited: