petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I heard a vague mention of this earlier and wondered if it was just a "she's less prominent in this movie" situation, but seeing that she was in some original pieces of artwork and then specifically removed for the final products is just fucking disheartening.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
Why did these guys obsess over Rose of all things? That movie had bigger problems than that. (I know why, and no, this isn't the place to discuss that movie for the 100000th time, just saying),

Oct 25, 2017
Disney: "Unpopular" characters don't sell.

Meanwhile: "Check this new Bossk toy"
Sadly even if she was the best characters her design/costume is pretty boring.

Meanwhile a terrible but 'cool' character sold a load of merchandise

it won't surprise me if
latest

ended up being extremely bland but popular merchandise pusher as well.
Hell she was the TROS figure I wanted most myself.

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why did these guys obsess over Rose of all things? That movie had bigger problems than that. (I know why, and no, this isn't the place to discuss that movie for the 100000th time, just saying),

I dislike rose for probably very different reasons than most. I was personally very excited for some Asian rep in Star Wars, and was disappointed that her dialogue turned out to be trashy and cliche. Her intro with Finn when she talks about hyperspace techno babble is the fucking lowest point of the trilogy for me. Not only does that dialogue feel misplaced in Star Wars, but it doesn't even do the cliche very well. The delivery is atrocious and it's not written very well to begin with.

Like I can't believe we really resorted to a "in English please" gag. Her dialogue is just so bad.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a good bit of info but at the same time

Phasma was in like 90 seconds of TLJ and she still got to be on merch. Granted, you don't have to pay for likeness rights royalties with a costume that hides the actor's face, but still.

TBF that character was a toy first and a character second.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly even if she was the best characters her design/costume is pretty boring.

Meanwhile a terrible but 'cool' character sold a load of merchandise

it won't surprise me if
latest

ended up being extremely bland but popular merchandise pusher as well.
Hell she was the TROS figure I wanted most myself.
Phasma was such a disappointment.

Cool design, potential for a good villain character (the trainer/commanding officer of Finn, could have given more depth to Storm Troopers in general too), and more woman is always good.

But she barely ended up being in the two movies she was in, and had a completely random death along with a lame one-liner from Finn. :(

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a lot of misinformation in those tweets. The Poster creator already addressed it and there was no removing rose. His first draft of the poster did not have Rose because he did not have the final promo stuff to add her. She has since been added.

As far as the Rose shirt. They certainly seem to be selling it

This needs to be threadmarked. Rose is NOT being erased from merch. There is merch with Rose and merch without Rose, just like every other characters.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I kinda forgot she was there in the TLJ but that's pretty lame they cut her out because there are clearly fans of the character