• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have faith that the story will be good because Chris Avellone is involved.
He will surely find a way to make all of us care about Cal

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't fuck up the OT title by mentioning Dark Souls or claiming this game is a clone, thanks!

"Respawn of the Jedi" is like three applicable references simultaneously. It's the Jedi Master of puns.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, whoops. I thought my post might be harsh, but then landed on the idea its just pixels. I take it back, poor kid, lol. He looks great! Strapping young buck.
Lol, it reminds me of when someone had a go at Atreus in GoW - it was basically the actor's face they were laying into.

What they said was way, way worse tbh.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone in that Death Stranding thread says reviewers already have this. Does anyone know if that's legit? Seems early to me.

Edit: He doesn't seem to be implying that now. Thought it was early.

Last edited:

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Lol, it reminds me of when someone had a go at Atreus in GoW - it was basically the actor's face they were laying into.

What they said was way, way worse tbh.

That sounds awful asf.

I've learned its never never good to judge a
character simply based on looks. I do hope Cal is a likeable protagonists with some depth to him

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Someone in that Death Stranding thread says reviewers already have this. Does anyone know if that's legit? Seems early to me.

Edit: He doesn't seem to be implying that now. Thought it was early.
Yeah, I was going to say that's not likely, but also not impossible. There have been games in the past where reviewers got the game 3-4 weeks before release, but usually it's much more like a week early, and sometimes even less.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
I get that, and I'm with you. However, tbf, a lot of people were disappointed that it was another white dude.

I understand that. I'm somewhat disappointed in that, yes it's yet another white protagonist in a big, open, endless sea of them. But I doubt that's why many don't seem to like him or the actor voicing him.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I think it might have been a guess, but in some preview video someone suggested ~20 hours. I don't know if the devs have offered their own estimate for length.

Seems like it could be a pretty substantial campaign. Many of the people that played it said they only spent their time on one of the 3 planets available in the preview and some of those said they didn't do everything and some areas only available after upgrading at some future point, so extrapolating out to what is expected seemed like at least a 15-20 hour campaign and maybe 30 hrs or more to 100%.

It doesn't look like it will be a cakewalk difficulty wise either, so with enemies respawning when you meditate like in souls games you can't just always run back through areas you've cleared and breeze through. And the platforming supposedly can be challenging along with puzzles. This does not appear to be a quick, hack and slash movie simulation for anyone thinking it might be.

PhDInOwning

Mar 17, 2018

Gameplay did not look remotely challenging or interesting, just bland and slow. Hoping those difficulty levels are tied to faster animations and attack mixups. The Ninth Sister boss? battle is like Dark Souls 2 level except parry is a bit different, I guess? Maybe I'm just in a pessimistic mood...

JediEagle

Oct 17, 2018
Slovenia
This does look better and better. I am liking the previews, BUT I am still going to wait for actual review, before hitting that order button.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Gameplay did not look remotely challenging or interesting, just bland and slow. Hoping those difficulty levels are tied to faster animations and attack mixups. The Ninth Sister boss? battle is like Dark Souls 2 level except parry is a bit different, I guess? Maybe I'm just in a pessimistic mood...

Its on Normal difficulty

Oct 25, 2017
I have to agree that they have not made the combat look very polished in this showcase. I want to see some skillful push and pull against aggressive enemies. I want to know whether you can cancel into a parry at virtually any time, or do you have to be careful about comboing.

These storm troopers don't seem like interesting enemies, but if you can combo one, parry another, and then reflect a third's blaster shot all in a span of a couple seconds then I could see the system feeling good even if any single trooper doesn't provide an interesting interaction.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
From everything I've read and watched, the combat is the best part of the game. From what I've seen, it looks really cool. Tho I've been day 1 with this game since E3

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To what extent can you customize your lightsaber in the game? Can the color be changed?

It's a shame that every review seems to be using exactly the same B-roll footage. When do outlets get to use their own captures?

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
To what extent can you customize your lightsaber in the game? Can the color be changed?

It's a shame that every review seems to be using exactly the same B-roll footage. When do outlets get to use their own captures?

Hilt, material, color, emitter and switch are customizable

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know which one of you was the asshole that pointed out he holds his lightsaber too close to the ground and it clips through it every 2 seconds but that's all I can see now and I hate you.

Thanks for ruining it.

=(

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
The people that criticize the actor/main character have any of you actually played a significant portion of the game? no, than why all the complaining? If you finish the game or play a big portion of it and than say that you didn't like him than fair enough, because I don't know whether I'll like him or not until I start playing it.

Not understanding the argument here vs what it seems like most have actually been focusing on: character design. As a character design, he is extremely boring, and I like the actor. Playing through the game might just make a person so acclimated to him that they stop being bothered by it, but that doesn't mean they suddenly like it. I would rather there be fully enclosed helmets that you could wear as opposed to looking at this guy the entire time.

edit: LOL

Asmussen stated that "Ultimately we didn't go with an alien race because we felt like – no pun intended – that would alienate a lot of people. We wanted to make sure there was a real human connection to that character we have in the game."

Funny how a character can be both alien and humanoid, and garner a ton of empathy as has been proven repeatedly.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
"Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most...human."

Different franchise, but you get the idea.

Have we seen the release marketing yet for this? Any catchy slogans, like say "For a Skywalker to rise, an Order must fall"? (you're welcome)

Akash

Oct 27, 2017
Just to double-check, I'll be able to play this at launch by subscribing to origin premier on PC for a month?

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably late, but I think a wave of previews seem to have hit YouTube with "b-roll" footage. I'm really enjoying what I see and especially excited by what I hear.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I just listened to the Kinda Funny Gamescast on Jedi Fallen order game play and small things they experienced. I was out before but I think I'm sold on it now.
I'll be day 1 if it's true.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Im almost pre-ordering

Im just debating with myself if i will play it on pc or ps4

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The people that criticize the actor/main character have any of you actually played a significant portion of the game? no, than why all the complaining? If you finish the game or play a big portion of it and than say that you didn't like him than fair enough, because I don't know whether I'll like him or not until I start playing it.

Its about representation. Im okay with him, but Im also a white dude. I can totally understand why someone may not want to play as a protagonist that does not represent them. Also the way that the defacto "white male protagonist" doesn't become the defacto is when people of all different races, genders, and orientations all get an equal show of protagonist representation in the medium. It is important for our society moving forward. I will say we dont get a lot of red haired protagonists so that at least is pretty neat.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Probably a dumb question, but this is on Origin Premiere on day 1, right? It doesn't seem to have the 'Included with Premiere' tag on it like other games do.

Oct 25, 2017
I had a gut feeling this would be good from the first trailer, but even more so after hearing the devs talk about their inspirations.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably a dumb question, but this is on Origin Premiere on day 1, right? It doesn't seem to have the 'Included with Premiere' tag on it like other games do.

I did not even think about this but that would decide what platform I play it.
20 bucks for this is great. What a weird month, 1 dollar for Outer Worlds (Gamepass) and 20$ for a new AAA day one.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Its about representation. Im okay with him, but Im also a white dude. I can totally understand why someone may not want to play as a protagonist that does not represent them. Also the way that the defacto "white male protagonist" doesn't become the defacto is when people of all different races, genders, and orientations all get an equal show of protagonist representation in the medium. It is important for our society moving forward. I will say we dont get a lot of red haired protagonists so that at least is pretty neat.
As I said previously in this very thread, while Cal is indeed a white male protagonist, he's also very young. Now think for a second, how many young protagonist we've had from the big devs all these years? A lot of them are indeed white, but they're mostly middle aged, grumpy old man with beards, or in their mid 30s at the youngest. Cal is not really the norm, and I think it's neat so I'm looking forward to his story and character development in the game.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
an01qk2dv6u31.jpg

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
that's an awful pun
Respawn already nailed the robot partner thing before so I expect its going to be done well in this one

Status
Not open for further replies.