• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the impressions so far that sounds about right.

Anything above 75% is good.

This isn't gonna set the world on fire.

Also I feel like most reviewers ignore Battlefront II is in a dramatically improved state so vanilla BF2 is what this is gonna be compared to, and it will help it out.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
anytime I think im wrapping up a planet it just keeps going, its insane. SO many different paths and secrets
Yup, same here, just when I'm like "Ok, so we're done here" all of a sudden the game just keeps pushing you into more exploration, but I wish there was a fast travel system between save point (is there any?) because
I found my self having to backtrack almost 45 minutes on Zeffu because I chose not to go directly back to the ship and fight the AT ST but instead went down the slide and explored which brought me back to a save point from wich I basically had to run through half the planet again to get back to the ship, very annoying...

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is fucking wild. It starts out making you feel like it's an Uncharted game, then it swivels to third person lightsabre action...aaand then it's Dark Souls and you're fighting frogs that can one hit kill you.

How is this going to be recieved??? It's not at all what the masses will be expecting.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
This game is fucking wild. It starts out making you feel like it's an Uncharted game, then it swivels to third person lightsabre action...aaand then it's Dark Souls and you're fighting frogs that can one hit kill you.

How is this going to be recieved??? It's not at all what the masses will be expecting.

70 Meta probably. You know some reviewers are going to slam it.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Based on the impressions so far that sounds about right.

Nah. It'll be 85-90

There's difficulty lvls and they did warn people that if they want to fight for survival at every turn, they can. If they just want to enjoy the story, they can.

Oct 25, 2017
Agree with the people saying that roll/dodge sucks. I get that they want you to parry more but when there are certain unblockable attacks and you can't avoid damage because of the combination of the camera angle and the shit dodge it isn't fun.

I want a KOTOR-esque button to just twirl my lightsaber while i'm running around as well. Left on the D-pad seemed to do it in the intro section but now it just sheathes and unsheathes the lightsaber :*(

No, PC is still rough.

Game stutters nno matter what. :-(

Yeah, I'm having the same thing even though I've got G-Sync. It's not ruining the experience but it's definitely noticeable.

There was a flashback where
you learn the wall running
that looked reaaaaaalllllly rough as well. Like an uprezzed 360 game.

EDIT: Just to temper the complaints I have to say that
BD-1
is like the most adorable fucking thing.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying this game but that performance is...something else, maybe I should try turning off perf mode looking through this topic..

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
this game is good. i get hiccups on my 1x, but i honestly don't care much. loads are a little rough when you respawn. combat feels great and i agree with the roll being bad.

i'm not far but despite a few flaws this game is mad fun. i beat that frog on grand master after like 7 tries and felt awesome. big soulsborne feels. it really is an uncharted, metroid, soulsborne game dressed up as star wars and i am here for it.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
this game is good. i get hiccups on my 1x, but i honestly don't care much. loads are a little rough when you respawn. combat feels great and i agree with the roll being bad.

i'm not far but despite a few flaws this game is mad fun. i beat that frog on grand master after like 7 tries and felt awesome. big soulsborne feels. it really is an uncharted, metroid, soulsborne game dressed up as star wars and i am here for it.

The dungeons/temples feel more classic Zelda to me. It really is a mashup of inspirations, and not in a bad way.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

Have you tried it in performance mode? It runs pretty well there from what I can tell

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
So, just going to leave the first planet, and:

60% explored, 4/16 chests, 2/6 secrets

Sound about right?

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
So, just going to leave the first planet, and:

60% explored, 4/16 chests, 2/6 secrets

Sound about right?

Sounds about right to me. I could have been more thorough but I explored a lot, there are some areas where it's clear I'll need to come back later.

It's cool how much visibility there is there, though. Some parts of the ground, like right below the landing pad, have slits where you can see big and interesting looking rooms that I'm sure will be accessible later.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds about right to me. I could have been more thorough but I explored a lot, there are some areas where it's clear I'll need to come back later.

It's cool how much visibility there is there, though. Some parts of the ground, like right below the landing pad, have slits where you can see big and interesting looking rooms that I'm sure will be accessible later.

Yeah
think we'll need Force Push for that one

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
yep, stuck at the same frog i bet. I know ill probably have a better time if i turn the difficulty down, but im a soulsborne vet lol i bet it wont be so tough once im used to the controls and attack timing more

If it is the one I got stuck at, first, just defending a lot got it done for me. Second, if you go a tiny bit more ahead, you'll officially get
your sidekick who can heal you.

Oct 25, 2017
yep, stuck at the same frog i bet. I know ill probably have a better time if i turn the difficulty down, but im a soulsborne vet lol i bet it wont be so tough once im used to the controls and attack timing more

It was past 3am here and there's only so much game can piss me off before i rage quit so I just turned the difficulty down, killed him and then turned it back up to Jedi Master.

EDIT: and like the post above says, I would have been better off going on and playing a bit more and then coming back with an upgrade or two and it would have been easier.

ken_matthews

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we gave a good sense of how long this game is supposed to be, main storywise? My understanding is the game is meteroidvania-ish. So are you eventually going back to the first planet for the other 40% because of the story, or is it just optional exploitation at that point?

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA

Its patterns are relatively easy to learn. On the run I killed it I ended up taking no hits. But let me tell you I was raging on previous attempts when it would 1-hit me...

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely experience stutter, I believe it's a cache issue.

Because dying and replaying doesn't have any stutter. (and I'm on a really fast SSD)

Also one thing is kind of getting aggravating :

"this door is locked from the other side"

You're a fucking Jedi with a lightsaber, how in the fuck is a random door stopping you ?

At first you're like "okay" but by door number 48 I have to admit this is triggering me.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
5 hours in on the PC version and I can't say more good things about the game. Performance has some issues but I'm hopeful that'll get addressed soon enough. The game itself is brilliant. This is the Star Wars game I've waited for for so many years. Just smiles a plenty and lot's of 'woah' moments already. Great game, so happy I did the 1 month of Origin Premiere. Definitely buying the game now as I think there's gonna be a good bit of replayability here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm getting five second respawn times and i'm playing on a upper mid tier (RTX 580, with a 4.10 Processor) computer with a hardrive. Only a few stutters here and there on high 1080 p (all settings beside shadows on med)

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Put about 6 hours in so far and it's easily my Goty. So much here to enjoy, combat feels so rewarding and fun l, platforming is great. They nailed the feel of Star Wars and the worlds are really well done. Game really is a lot better than I thought it would be.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Do we gave a good sense of how long this game is supposed to be, main storywise? My understanding is the game is meteroidvania-ish. So are you eventually going back to the first planet for the other 40% because of the story, or is it just optional exploitation at that point?

For me personally, I'll go back, but it seems optional.

I'm done for the night, it's past 4.30am here lol. Been playing since 12.30am, so around four hours for the first planet. If each planet is as long, then I'll get at least 24 hours out of the game, not including any optional returns. So I'm think maybe around 26-28 hours, maybe even 30 or so, depending on what else there is to do!

I'd give it around 7/10 for the time being, but I can see that going up to 9/10, after I get used to this type of combat, raise the difficulty level, and get some more Force powers.

Killed the bug eyed frog on "easy", and haven't bothered changing back to Jedi Knight yet, but I'll probably go up to Jedi Master before the end.

Game itself looks beautiful, sounds beautiful and plays beautifully. Had a stutter or two, for a second or so, playing on resolution mode.

The only game that's been better for me, in the last few years, is Spidey.

As of now, if there's as much platforming as there currently is, I could see myself replaying the game multiple times, most likely double dipping on the PC. If there's a hell of a lot more platforming, then maybe only once more.

Definitely goty for me.

Edit: the lightsaber sounds awesome!

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

I'm done for the night, it's past 4.30am here lol. Been playing since 12.30am, so around four hours for the first planet. If each planet is as long, then I'll get at least 24 hours out of the game, not including any optional returns. So I'm think maybe around 26-28 hours, maybe even 30 or so, depending on what else there is to do!

I'd give it around 7/10 for the time being, but I can see that going up to 9/10, after I get used to this type of combat, raise the difficulty level, and get some more Force powers.

Killed the bug eyed frog on "easy", and haven't bothered changing back to Jedi Knight yet, but I'll probably go up to Jedi Master before the end.

Game itself looks beautiful, sounds beautiful and plays beautifully. Had a stutter or two, for a second or so, playing on resolution mode.

As of now, if there's as much platforming as there currently is, I could see myself replaying the game multiple times, most likely double dipping on the PC. If there's a hell of a lot more platforming, then maybe only once more.

Definitely goty for me.

Any big bombastic boss fights yet? I wanna see how intense the giant winged bat is

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

Definitely goty for me.
If you're loving it like I am (it sounds like you are) and have only been to the first planet, your mind is gonna explode as you move on. I'll just say the level designs on these planets is fucking amazing. And that showed with the first planet as well ofc but it just gets even better.