• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The game is a technical disaster...

I wouldn't have thought I would see in 2019 a game where the levels are loading for 20 seconds in the middle of action or a boss stuck in a T-pose.

It's abysmal.

Games is pretty good though apart from Cal being a charisma void.
what platform do you play on? This never happened to me and I'm almost done with the game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
For me, what I would've liked to see more of during the 'middle area conversations', preferably some that were more directed scenes ( like maybe they could do it in-between planet travels ) - was Cal and Cere talking about
what and how they would recruit/do/train the Force sensitive children as per the original plan.

To me, those conversations came a little too late - and by the time it started being a thing, Merrin came in and poured cold water on the whole idea, and then the Bogano Mirror had to be like ITS A BAD IDEA SO DONT DO IT!

Yeah.

It was so clear by the time you actually get the Holocron that the idea was terrible that I legitimately expected Cal to just cut the damn thing in half before Trilla could get close to it. I still expect him to do that before the end.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Talking about nothing - a NG+ for this game would be so easy to make imo, just add more planets basically. And more customization items :)
Does anyone think this is exactly why Respawn did not include more stuff outside the what we have now? To leave it open for lots and lots of expansions?

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Talking about nothing - a NG+ for this game would be so easy to make imo, just add more planets basically. And more customization items :)
Does anyone think this is exactly why Respawn did not include more stuff outside the what we have now? To leave it open for lots and lots of expansions?

Nah, we'll go directly to a sequel, I feel.

Sure, they can just... 'add more planets', but a story-driven game like this needs a full story arc for a new narrative hook - and bite-sized expansion stories aren't compelling enough to be a strong sales driver.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nah, we'll go directly to a sequel, I feel.

Sure, they can just... 'add more planets', but a story-driven game like this needs a full story arc for a new narrative hook - and bite-sized expansion stories aren't compelling enough to be a strong sales driver.

they could add a planet as setup for the sequel? a bigger hook than the original ending

LoNe_eXiLe

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you're just really bad at the game?

I mean, if you're going to start making statements like yours, we may as well carry on...

Or maybe instead of trying to be edgy and cool on the internet, you read my original response that was quoted which led me to question of the game was good or not. I guess fanboys are always going to fanboy, though.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Or maybe instead of trying to be edgy and cool on the internet, you read my original response that was quoted which led me to question of the game was good or not. I guess fanboys are always going to fanboy, though.

Calls others edgy, then pulls the fanboy BS. 143 pages of comments, "maybe the games not good." Yeah, OK, maybe read some of those pages for impressions.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
As you missed it (and as the second sentence of my post was quite clear about this I do not understand how you did...), that first line was just mirroring your own dumb absolute "edgy cool" statement to highlight how dumb it was.

You cannot make statements like that then complain when the discourse level YOU set is returned.

Try again.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Does changing lightsaber parts do anything? Or it's just for people who are into star wars?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Just add more planets? For NG+? How would that be easy to make lmao.

NG+ is essentially just for playing through the main game again, and sometimes devs add a few extra pieces of loot but that's about it.

New planets would be something they'd reserve for DLC or a sequel.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Just add more planets? For NG+? How would that be easy to make lmao.

NG+ is essentially just for playing through the main game again, and sometimes devs add a few extra pieces of loot but that's about it.

New planets would be something they'd reserve for DLC or a sequel.
Yeah call it DLC then... its more or less the same thing. You continue the game after the credits basically...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, this is still not working... if anyone could help me it would be very appreciated.

The menu for Burst Slow states "HOLDING slow allows Cal to slow all targets around him"

I hold slow, and it just hits one enemy.
I tap slow, the same.

Targetted or not. Enemies are grouped as much as in the preview video or even closer...

Haven't been able to get this to work once... anyone else have any ideas?

Working on making a video now...

ya you just tap it

the hold is to slow one enemy for a prolonged time

Oct 27, 2017
Cal was positive? He was visibly dejected several times during the story. He just wasn't whiny about it like, say, ANH Luke. I can't really spoil what would turn his attitude around, but doubts and fears were on full display in this game. The only narrative sags I found in the game were the dialogue sequence during the 2nd tomb traversal, and the Greez gambling aside they probably should have made a small scene for, so that people would be sure to not miss it.

astro I haven't tested it recently but I think I had the same problem you did.

Check it out

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something I noticed that was kind of surprising.

The game performed exponentially better in the back 30% or so. ( I played on Xbox One X)

I really think if Respawn was given a few months of time to polish this thing it would be talked about as a generational game.

I'm really excited to see what this team does next.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Grand Master difficulty still not hard and I'm on the fourth planet, I'm sure there will be a difficulty spike soon. I hope.

The combat is smooth as fuck, deflecting lasers back to four troopers by just holding block once (parry timing) with the
double lightsaber
is satisfying as fuck. They all go down in like three seconds.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Grand Master difficulty still not hard and I'm on the fourth planet, I'm sure there will be a difficulty spike soon. I hope.

The combat is smooth as fuck, deflecting lasers back to four troopers by just holding block once (parry timing) with the
double lightsaber
is satisfying as fuck. They all go down in like three seconds.
I surprised myself with this game by nailing the dodging and parrying early on, playing on Jedi Master. I usually suck at this kind of combat, so I spent some time practising on the large frogs and frog boss and it clicked.

How much more ruthless is GM level parry timing? I could deal with the dmg stuff, but that much lower parry time bar put me off trying...

I'm beginning to think it's a bug or something... uploading a video now, hopefully I'm just doing something wrong...

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I surprised myself with this game by nailing the dodging and parrying early on, playing on Jedi Master. I usually suck at this kind of combat, so I spent some time practising on the large frogs and frog boss and it clicked.

How much more ruthless is GM level parry timing? I could deal with the dmg stuff, but that much lower parry time bar put me off trying...

It's pretty tight, and before the health bar upgrade I went down in two hits. When I whiff on a parry I usually just hold block and dodge to reload stamina and try again. The force powers are key at this difficulty. Without them I probably couldn't do it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so here's some video of gameplay. The two enemies are close enough to effect according to the Burst Slow example video in the menu, and I've also tried it on groups of storm troppers, small beasts, etc... it never works.

Link it embed doesn't work

In the video I first use tap, and it hits the closet untargeted enemy, next I try hold, and it does the same. I retrieve my XP and refresh my powers meter and try again... no luck.

What am I doing wrong? Again, this happens with ALL enemy types, as close as I can get them.

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, so here's some video of gameplay. The two enemies are close enough to effect according to the Burst Slow example video in the menu, and I've also tried it on groups of storm troppers, small beasts, etc... it never works.

In the video I first use tap, and it hits the closet untargeted enemy, next I try hold, and it does the same. I retrieve my XP and refresh my powers meter and try again... no luck.

What am I doing wrong? Again, this happens with ALL enemy types, as close as I can get them.

This sounds like the same thing?

I had read somewhere that you needed to hold slow until the controller vibrated but I never got it to work either.

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019

I don't think you're holding it long enough. I think there is a popping effect that happens when you continue holding it. Don't let it go until it pops.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
To slow a group, it's pull + slow at the same time. Have to hold it down until is charges up.

Hmm, so it is just slow? I figured it was like the AOE pull, where it's pull + push.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like the same thing?

I had read somewhere that you needed to hold slow until the controller vibrated but I never got it to work either.
I don't think you're holding it long enough. I think there is a popping effect that happens when you continue holding it. Don't let it go until it pops.
Haha, I literally just figured it out... you need to hold it down for another second or so and it bursts across all targets.

It definitely works sleepless_swan, but you need to be in a safe position to do it as you can get interrupted after the first target is slowed before it bursts to the rest.

To slow a group, it's pull + slow at the same time. Have to hold it down until is charges up.
It's just hold down slow until it charges and hits all targets. Not unlocked pull yet.

Nov 2, 2017

I'm finishing up my second playthrough now, and I though it was on par with Jedi Master. Didn't feel more stringent.

In fact, the only difference I noticed between the two difficulties was that enemies did more damage.

Other than that, everything else felt the same. Wish they took the God of War route and changed the encounters to include more difficult enemy types on higher difficulties.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
You can notice the difference in parry timing when deflecting blaster bolts. Jedi Master is very generous, while on GM you need to wait until they are closer to hitting.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I am playing on Jedi Knight, and boy howdy am I bad at this game, lol. That said, I think about to beat it based on everything happening with the story. Shouldn't be long now.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

See this gif, all you need to do is hold it down until Cal's arms spread out as you see. It takes a while, and you need to be in a safe position. Hope this helps!

iMaFra.gif

LoNe_eXiLe

Oct 25, 2017
And another one. You can hate/dislike/like/love something and it's all good, but what's with the people that post on here that can't understand other human beings on the most basic level, and how tastes are subjective? I don't like thing, so thing is no good. Really?

Hey, pot, you are black, too. You basically just just did the exact thing that you criticized others for doing, but being overly positive.

The things that aren't designed well in my short time with the game are as follows:
1. Even on Grand Master, the enemies are too dumb to do anything other than their standard attacks. I shouldn't be able to just dodge around the back of them and kill them, especially when difficulty tier mentions parrying.
2. The level design is awful
3. The camera is N64 level of shit
4. The forced replayability/hindered progression serves no purpose. For me to be on the difficulty I'm on and already have my "skill tree" maxed with 5 points banked makes it seem like I will constantly beover leveled.
5. The story seems uninspired so far and is coming off as a bad piece of fanfiction from someone who watched a season of Rebels.

The positives:
1. The soundtrack
2. The tomb on Zeffo

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, pot, you are black, too. You basically just just did the exact thing that you criticized others for doing, but being overly positive.
No they didn't. They pointed out that a lot of people like it, so you saying "maybe it's just a bad game" ignores the fact that it's entirely subjective and plenty of people disagree with you.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
No they didn't. They pointed out that a lot of people like it, so you saying "maybe it's just a bad game" ignores the fact that it's entirely subjective and plenty of people disagree with you.

I'm just putting them on ignore. It's a troll move to say something inflammatory and then when called out try to explain what a reasoned take they actually have on thing. All those personal opinions they just posted on why they don't like it? 100% fine. But that's what you start with.
A counter point is not the same as dismissing others opinion, like it's so hard to understand how these wrong people could think this is a GOTY for them.

"Overly positive" 😂 Sorry, I'll step up my shit posting

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just putting them on ignore. It's a troll move to say something inflammatory and then when called out try to explain what a reasoned take they actually have on thing. All those personal opinions they just posted on why they don't like it? 100% fine. But that's what you start with.
A counter point is not the same as dismissing others opinion, like it's so hard to understand how these wrong people could think this is a GOTY for them.

"Overly positive" 😂 Sorry, I'll step up my shit posting
Pretty much mate, lol, and I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with that shit. It's so fucking common on here it's draining af.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I really appreciate how many women are in the games story and how well-done and interesting they are.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
So I just did

This crystal light beam puzzle in an ice cave

Can anybody tell me how long I've got left? Trying to decide whether to keep trucking or take a break.