• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the old Tie Fighter PC game by Lucasarts but had trouble running it on my PC. I had to get help and be taught how RAM and other components worked and how to adjust things in DOS and changing the clock speed to get the game to run properly. Got me more interested in playing around with the PC which was good and bad as I may have uhhh "broke" things a few time but always learned how to get things up and running again.

Oh and the Tie Advanced was sweet to fly around and shoot stuff.

If I win I'll take the PC code.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Republic Commando. My dad introduced me to Star Wars with the release of TPM and it quickly permeated my entire childhood. Clone troopers were easily the coolest thing about the prequels, so to be able to actually play as one was amazing. The game did so many cool things: squad commands, the helmet having a windscreen wiper, the wristblade, the bowcaster... Assaulting the base on Geonosis, liberating the ship from Trandoshans, the war on Kashyyk... And all of it punctuated by the Mandalorian chanting on the soundtrack. Hasn't been beaten so far.

My favorite movie is Empire, a fact once again confirmed by the rewatch my girl and I are doing before Rise of Skywalker.

I'd like an Xbox code, please.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I have very fond memories of the first KOTOR. It was basically the first RPG that I completed on my own and the game that taught me English. I replayed it again and again on my Xbox and it's still a game that I think holds very well (played it again a few years ago and it was a blast).

I remember being stuck on a stupid puzzle because I didn't understand the instructions and after spending quite some time on it finally recurring to my dad (who spoke english and always had a thing for puzzles).
Still one of my fondest memories is beating that thing with my dad by my side trying to teach me Math and English.

I remember trying to learn how to sneak past the Rancor for SO LONG because... I was young and terrible at videogames? And the joy I felt once I was past that stupid monster.
I remember almost crying when Bastila was turned evil and by my total lack of skill and understanding of english I ended up killing her.

It's kind of amazing how much I actually understood of the story in my first playthrough.

KOTOR II was also great but I must have only replayed that one 3-4 times.
Screw SOT, I was old enough to hate grinding when it came out to make the experience totally unenjoyable.

Favorite movie right now... Either Empire Strikes Back or The Last Jedi

Code for PC. Thanks for doing this!

morrigan8bit

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
I'm going to cheat a little and select two favourite moments.

Star Wars Galaxies - Bounty Hunter.

The life of an imperial bounty hunter tracking, targeting and killing player characters for money. I remember one in particular a low force sensitive player out grinding mobs. Some how I convinced them I was there for grinding so went about my business. After a few pulls things settled down, guard went down and the pulled a large group. Needless to say I killed my target.

What a great mechanic that was. NPC mission terminals giving bounty to kill player characters. First droid to track planet, then second droid to find their genera
position after landing then off you go. I've never understood why no other MMO introduced a similar system.

Second of course is the Revan plot twist reveal. Fantasti, esp sign during my first play through I was aligned to the dark side. It fitted all so well. I can still remember when it happened.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Man, I wish I was a Star Wars fanatic. I don't really have that kind of memories with the franchise, even though I watched a lot of the films and played some Star Wars games before.

Nevertheless, that's a generous of you for pulling this giveaway, OP. Thank you, on the behalf of the community.

NCartwright15

Dec 5, 2017
My brother bought me KOTOR for the original Xbox for Christmas the year it came out. I had no idea what this game was, or if i would even like it. After we had all our Christmas stuff over with, we went into my room and starting playing it. I got tired, and let my brother play. I woke up the next morning, and he was still playing. This memory has nothing to do with anything from in a Star Wars game itself, but just a fond memory about a Star Wars game. I also learned that KOTOR was an amazing game.

Empire or RotJ would be my favorite Star Wars film.

I'd prefer a PC copy.

Thanks for the giveaway.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Watching empire strike back on tv with my father. Was my first encounter with Star Wars and fell in love with it. And it was one the last moments i have shared with my father. That was the moment Sci-Fi became my favorite genre. And the launch of KOTOR MMORPG, was so much fun with friends and sharing a Star Wars universe together.

I would love an Xbox code. Thank you.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
My favorite Star Wars gaming moment was & still is playing the original Star Wars Battlefront 2 with my best friend. Whether we were competing against each other in Galactic Conquest or teaming up in instant action, I will never forget the memories I've had & will continue to have with this game.

My favorite Star Wars movie is the controversial Star Wars The Last Jedi. While I have some problems with the movie, the story between Ray, Kylo Ren & Luke put it above the other movies for me.

I would love either a Xbox or PC code. which ever is fine. Thanks for doing this contest!

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
One of my favorite memories from a expanded universe SW game was walking into my local rental store back in 98 and picking up Rogue Squadron for the n64, getting home and popping it in on a Friday night and being blown away by both the graphics and the gameplay. It was the first SW game since Tie Fighter that felt like the flying was just damn fun and how it was in the movies, they nailed it so much. The opening on Hoth and having to tie up the legs of the AT-AT was just perfect.

The reason also why I love this is that whenever I think of it I think about that rental store and those times, though the rental store lasted for about a year or so after that it's one of those games that takes me right back to that time in my life, it's tied to that place, about the last thing I remember renting there (though I went there after that obviously but don't really recall specifically anything I rented there after that game).

If I'm chosen I'd love the pc code, thank you for the contest!

Kadab

Oct 25, 2017
The First Star Wars game i bought was Rogue Squadron for the N64. I played it first without the Expansion pack and loved it, but after i inserted the Expansion pack i couldnt believe my eyes it was like going from 720p to 4K.
13512-star-wars-rogue-squadron-3d-nintendo-64-front-cover.jpg

And because the game was scheduled to be released six months before the film Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace, Factor 5 included what is considered to be the best hidden secret in a N64 game: The Naboo Starfighter
star-wars-rogue-squadron-n64-naboo-starfighter-vehicle-select.jpg

One of the best Star Wars games i have ever played. (PC)

Last edited:

monkeybizz

Nov 1, 2017
My favourite memory is from playing Dark Forces - always felt the game was way too hard. Also great memories from playing x-wing vs tie fighter.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely experience The Force Unleashed for the first time. It wasn't a perfect game by any means, but it made a good point of how the force can be used for good and evil alike, as you could throw around people and cause mayhem without necessarily having much regard for the side you're on. Fun times.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
When I was a teenager - which is nearly 25 years ago now! - my best friend had a PC capable of running the latest games. We loved first-person shooters, but could only play single player.

So we devised a system where we could both play at the same time. I handled the movement of the character, and my friend took care of the shooting, weapon switching and other stuff.

Such contrivance probably sounds ridiculous now, but it worked marvellously. At the time, many games didn't have proper mouse support, so that wasn't an issue.

The most fun we ever had was with Dark Forces. It was thrilling to play through the campaign as a team. This was 1995; Wolfenstein 3D had released only 3 years earlier, so first-person worlds were still a wondrous novelty. And here was one in the Star Wars universe that sparked our imagination as children. We explored and learned that game inside-out.

For me, Dark Forces symbolises a carefree, more innocent time in my life. We were dimly aware that the responsibilities of adult life would soon be upon us, but lost ourselves in the escapism of games.

A couple of years later, most of our group had started university, and my best friend moved halfway across the country. Gradually - almost imperceptibly - I lost touch with him. I wish I could revisit those times. But I look forward to playing games with my children when they're a bit older - they're only 2 and 4 now - and introducing them to new worlds and characters they can also escape in.

Favourite movie: Empire, because it was the first movie I ever saw that didn't have a happy ending. I remember turning to my dad and asking "but what happens next?!"

Platform: Xbox

Last edited:

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I loooved the Jedi Knight games. Got lost in 2 and Academy forever. While the stories were really fun experiences already (and something I hope Fallen Order can replicate), when my friends and I discovered the mods for Jedi Academy things got nuts. Sooo many nights spent exploring fantastical places with my friends.

Thanks for doing this, I'm in the market for an Xbox code!

keidash

Jan 31, 2018
I'm going with my first time playing Rogue Squadron 2 on Gamecube, the level where you destroy the Death Star, maybe not the best level but it felt magical in my mind, I was absolutely blown away by the graphics and the music in previous levels but this was the level I felt exactly like in the movies. I can't thank enough Factor 5 for that awesome trilogy.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I know Force Unleashed isn't a perfect game but I really loved it when I played it for the first time when it came out. Just the feeling of playing as a Jedi and destroying your enemies by using awesome force and light saber abilities, never got old for me. I remember playing that game over and over! That's why I also can't wait for Jedi: Fallen Order, it looks like the single-player Star Wars game I have always dreamed of! The combat looks amazing as does everything else!

Thanks for doing this awesome giveaway, I would love a PC code!

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
This story is about me being dumb. But still starwars game related. My older brother brought back an PAL N64 while he was studying in Australia. If I'm not wrong, PAL N64 Cart shapes are different from NTSC cart shapes- the key difference being two little notches in the corner bottom of the cart. You simply cannot fit a NTSC cart in a PAL N64.

Anyway, I found this out the hard way when I bought Star Wars Pod Racer N64 NTSC. When it didn't fit, I took a soldering iron to burn out 2 notches into the plastic cartridge. Needless to say, it didn't work. ended up with a Light plastic Doorstopper

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I still remember when I went to watch Revenge of the Sith at Odeon Leicester Square. 11am showing on opening day. 1st showing that wasn't midnight. Greedo, Jar Jar and Darth Maul were there too.

The reason I remember it so well is not only does it have an incredible opening scene (and is the best Star Wars film), but I am sure they paused the movie after the LucasFilm glimmer before that opening note and logo. I didn't blink, I was looking around, I swear it was a good 30 seconds...and then it started.

It was glorious.

X1 pls xxxxxxxxxx

mORTEN

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Thanks for doing this!
Experiencing Shadows of the Empire and marveling over how lifelike the sound was. One of my first times with the N64 and the first 3d Star Wars game. I will never forget it!

PC code, if you please.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Favorite moment was from the short animated series on CN, when Yoda brought down a star destroyer! Those series were better than the prequels and the new trilogy. Platform i s PC.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I'm one of the few who loves both master of teras kasi and the phantom menace on ps1 lol.

But my favourite game\moment from a star wars game was with jedi academy, the moment when you master the combat and start to do crazy things with the lightsaber in conjuction with the sith force power was fantastic.

Also yeah kotor, who doesn't love that game.

Pc code thanks.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
My greatest memory of a Star Wars game was playing Shadows of the empire on the N64.

I remember being at a birthday party, I attended with my parents, there was a BBQ, music and all kinds of entertainment, I walked off to use the toilet and on the way back I spotted a TV on in one of the rooms, so, me being me, I took a little peek inside the room to see what was on, well, let's just say, my luck was in.

The N64 was a new console at the time and my family didn't have a lot of money so they couldn't afford to buy me one, but there it was, right in front of me, sitting on the title screen of shadows of the empire, now me being a huge star wars fan and someone who loves video games, this was a dream come true.

So I thought to hell with it, I am going to play! I walked in the room and sat there for the next 20 mins playing that game until my parents came in and said we had to leave, playing that hoth mission for the first time blew my dang mind, it felt so real, I was convinced graphics would never be better than this ever again, everything felt so good, the music, the gameplay and taking down the AT-AT was incredible!

I left that room with the biggest smile on my face and that Christmas my parents got me the N64 for myself along with a copy of shadows of the empire and Diddy Kong Racing, was the most amazing Christmas ever.

So yeah, that's my fondest memory of a Star Wars game.

Another fond memory of Star Wars in general was after years of having health issues regarding my heart which kept me in the house for years, I finally had rehabilitated to the point where me and my wife had a date night and it was a midnight showing of Star Wars, the first in the new trilogy, that memory is special to me for so many reasons.

My favourite Star Wars movie is the empire strikes back and platform preference is PC, thanks for the giveaway and good luck everyone.

Last edited:

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
The Last Jedi holographic Luke vs Kylo. The coolness of him just standing there taking the hits supposedly, then making Kylo look like a fool and lastly the "every word you said was wrong". Movie had issues but still had the highest highs in the franchise for me.

LOL I just realized it has to be game related.

Then it would be Star Wars Pit Droids. Most people don't even know this game exists but it was such an addictive puzzle game. It really challenged my brain and the droids were adorable.

Xbox for me, thank you!

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Intro to Phantom Menace.
controversial answer I know, but I was a kid at the time and it was my first time seeing something that sci fi.

I saw the sea of giant Saturn like ships/ mechanical planets and my mind instantly started thinking of what kind of space they would have and what anyone could possibly do with it which then turned into "what could I do with it" which itself turned into "I want a giant mechanical planet, just for me" followed by "I also want all the other mechanical planets that are next to it, so I can fit them with all the stuff I can't fit in my planet"

I kept thinking like that till they pulled out their light sabers and cut through the door then fought that droid with a machine gun and space shield.

the concept of swords was something I associated with ancient times, to have super futuristic space sword that can both cut and fry people at the same time was too much for my little mind to take in, but on top of that it can deflect lasers! And they used the force and in my head I was screaming "they can use magic too!!!" that shit blew my mind.

I know looking back at it, it wasn't a good movie but it was my first time seeing sci fi and it started a chain reaction in my imagination.

I would like a PC code please.

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
I really liked Dark Forces. But the level with the big dinosaurs is where I stopped playing. I don't like when games take away all your weapons and force you to use hand to hand combat.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Visited a friend who had an OG Xbox and Battlefront. I was teamed up with some player named 'Slut_Crippler'. That was my intro to xbl.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I loved playing a kinda bad guy in The Force Unleashed back then, along with cool powers supported by the Euphoria engine, which made the flow of the game feel like complete total jedi/sith badassery and, imo, hasn't been replicated so far. Only things it lacked were more interesting levels and punchier light saber combat with dismemberment.

Honorable mention to Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy because of being able to make your own character and name it, give it appearance, and choose a path that would affect your powers. To me, and back then, it was mostly unprecedented and of course the combat was awesome already since Kyle Katarn.

Favorite film nowadays is Force Awakens because of aesthetics mostly but also because to me this franchise is all about entertaining and that one gave me a good time. Even if it was very similar to the middle (oldest) trilogy.

Platform of choice is Xbox and thank you a lot for your kindness and for this chance.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
For me was playing the Super Star Wars game on a Super Nes. Earing the iconic music and fxs, looking at the graphics and the setting was something unveliable for my younger self.

My favourite film would be The Empire Strikes back.
Platform: Xbox One ( good luck to everyone)

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
Nice thread, thanks OP. I love going back down memory lane and I think that old Star Wars games have a special place in my heart as a PC gamer, as one of the games is connected to my most memorable moment in gaming.

First of all, Tie Fighter was one of the first games I have ever played on a PC, and probably the first to use a joystick (RIP), good times!
But the game I want to point out here is Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. It was I think around 1997 that I got my first own PC and a friend of mine recommended that game to me. It was a pixelated mess, but had outstanding lightsaber controls, great story telling and overall it was absolutely incredible how this game sucked the players into the Star Wars universe. It was the time of LAN parties, and I will never forget playing Jedi Knight with my friends for hours and hours and hours.

In 1998 the expansion pack Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith got released (Mara Jade ftw), and with that game everything changed. I bought a 3dfx Voodoo graphics card, and what I experienced simply blew my mind. It was that time that graphics went from pixelated textures and stuttery images to a different level, I think the progress is quite unbelievable from today's point of view.
I will never forget the moment when I started Mystries of the Sith running on my Voodoo card for the first time, I could not believe my eyes and I think I have never ever since been so taken by a generational step in game graphics. What the developers delivered was almost unique at that time: hardware accelerated textures and coloured lighting.
colored03.jpg
colored04.jpg

This was not really done before and was only possible to experience as one of the few people with designated gpus. On non-accelerated PCs those green lights were not there, and the room on the right was not lit with a nice atmospheric warm yellow light.

I think it was playing the Jedi Knight games that made me a Star Wars fan for life, and those games will always have a special place in my heart. When Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast got released for Switch recently, it just made me happy :) I cannot wait for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, I think we are all in for a treat!

Ending my post stating my favourite movie(s): The Empire Strikes Back. I do not even know where to begin to describe why I love this movie. Nowadays I also consider Rogue One up there as probably my number 2 out of all the movies.

As you can guess from my story above, if I would win I would be super happy to receive a PC code :) Thanks OP, I loved writing this post and remembering the good old days in pc gaming ;)

HMC

Aug 24, 2018
I'm an old fart so my favorite SW game memory has to be Star Wars the arcade game. I was a huge fan of Battle Zone, and loved vector graphic games, so SW arcade was absolutely amazeballs to me. My dad's league bowling alley had the sit-in version, and I cannot tell you how many quarters I pounded into that thing. Just remembering the feel of the control stick gives me goosebumps, lol. Oh, and the iconic SW sound effects and voiceovers blasting in your ears...best sit-in arcade game ever, IMO. "Use the force, Luke..."

Oh yeah, fav movie was Empire, of course. XB1 version, thanks!

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i think it was october 2001 when me and my best friend rented jedi power battles for the dreamcast (we loved the game on ps1 and the dc version was so much better). there was simply no better star wars game (on consoles) back then, especially with 2 player coop.

in the background, i was downloading the attack of the clones teaser, with a 56k modem (which took hours and made my parents very happy when they got the bill later that month). the teaser blew our minds (boba fett? who is the guy with the red lightsaber? ). it was just a fantastic day.

best sw movie: return of the jedi, mainly because of the all the scenes with luke, palpatine and vader. the final duel is perfection.
best sw experience: watching revenge of the sith opening day in a packed theatre full of sw-fans.

plattform: x1

btw: i recently bought a dreamcast and jedi power battles, so that we can have a coop session before watching rise of skywalker.

Oct 27, 2017
capsule_616x353.jpg

I remeber when i first got my first Xbox from my uncle he gave me a bunch of games he already had ,however strnagely he also had the Star Wars: Knights of the Old republic guide. Yes ,not the game ,but the guide xD. As a huge star wars fan i was suprised to realise such a game existed and was saddened that i had only the guide. I poured through those pages for nearly a year ,getting excited for a game that i may not even get,being fascinated by the cool story ,the extensive gameplay and the amount of interestung characters ,a bit like i was reading a novel. I remember my mind being blown that you the player character was the legendary Darth Revan everyone talked about.

Then came christmas that way and Lo and behold ,my dad got me the game! He was a big star wars fan too and knew how much i wanted the game. So i spent 12 hrs that day being all happy and excited finally playing it and it remains my fondest memory with Star wars legends content and Knights of the old republic one of remains my fave games ever.

Favourite Star wars Movie : Between Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One with Return of the Jedi not far behind

(I would like the PC version if i win!)

Last edited:

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
My favorite moment is in the extended universe when Exar Kun makes that first dark pact with the Sith Ghost to stay alive. This lead to one of the greatest and most terrifying Sith Lords in the history of Star Wars who waged the The First Sith War and many other conflicts.

"This is not the end, Exar Kun. You and I will fight again… perhaps not for a long time, but I will defeat you."
"Words. Go on to your higher plane, teacher. The galaxy is mine now." ―Vodo-Siosk Baas and Exar Kun

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Obi vs Anakin fight, in which we understand Anakin went bananas. Not really a surprise since it was a prequel and everyone knew what would happen, but it was an amazing moment to see regardless.

I'm in for a Steam or Xbox copy if Steam is not possible.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Playing star wars galaxies and randomly bumping into this insane Sith girl in a desolate part of tatooine. She took me on a 12 hour sinister road to the dark side, completely winning me over with her dark humour. I turned to the dark side that day and never looked back.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My most memorable experience is actually playing Republic Commando. Not only it's an amazing Star Wars game, but a fantastic FPS in its own right.

I think I first played it almost 15 years ago. The ending brought a tear to my eye when I replayed the game a year ago.

Honestly, everyone needs to play Republic Commando. It might be one of the finest Star Wars games ever (alongside KOTOR 1/2 and Jedi Academy)

NB: PC code preferred

Last edited:

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Please read entire OP:

In anticipation of and for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order I'm holding a giveaway! There will be 3 winners in total, with 2 Xbox One digital codes and one PC code to give away. To enter, just write about your favorite and most memorable moment or emotions from a classic Star Wars Legends/Expanded Universe material game from the heyday.

Entries must be no less than a paragraph long, any length from a few sentences (2-3 minimum) or much longer, and have visible effort put in for consideration. Not just a single, simple one word answer or similarly low effort entries.

Codes will be given 11/15-11/16 via announcement and PM to ensure they get to the winners. Bonus points if you name your favorite Star Wars film as well! Please be sure to include your preference for the platform too, at the end.

Deadline: November 14, 11:50 PM EST!

May the force be with you.

Couple things. Had a Playstation with Rebel Assault 2. It's one of those situations where "I didn't know I was poor". Game looking back is not great, but at the time just hearing the music and being in a Star Wars adventure was enough.

Also, Rogue Squadron 2 on the Gamecube. Again, the music was incredible. I'd just listen to the music more than playing the game, and at the time the graphics were blowing my mind.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Thank you for organising this OP, it's very generous of you!

To enter, just write about your favorite and most memorable moment or emotions from a classic Star Wars Legends/Expanded Universe material game from the heyday.

Entries must be no less than a paragraph long, any length from a few sentences (2-3 minimum) or much longer, and have visible effort put in for consideration. Not just a single, simple one word answer or similarly low effort entries.

Would it be against the rules to nominated memories of a game I never got to play, Wanda? Because for me, the most memorable emotional experience I have of a Legends game is Star Wars Galaxies, even though I wasn't allowed to play it due to not being able to afford the subscription on my pocket money! That galaxy far, far away was teeming with a hundred and one stories - I remember spending time falling down the rabbit hole of Wookiepedia, reading about the fates of the members of Jabba's retinue or ancient members of the Jedi order - so imagine how surprised I was to know I could read (and in some cases of the primitive proto-Let's Plays, watch) stories crafted and evolving from the players themselves. Hearing about peoples rare encounters with Jedi on some distant world, back when the average Midi-Chlorian count lower so as to appropriately reflect the scarcity of force users - were all stories crafted by players. New settlements were founded and managed and lived all by players, knowing that they might just be a short Swoop bike race from the Lars Homestead or Otoh Gunga! A cadre of Imperial aligned musicians and dancers could be permanently killed by a Rebellion aligned gang - all done by the players! A simple droid repairer, fresh off the space-docks of Corellia, getting advice from a long time guild member and master of her craft - an interaction fuelled entirely by two human players. The galaxy far, far away was continued to teem with brand new stories, through careful planning and chance encounters of people within our own world, and made that galaxy for me the most vivid and in-depth fictional realm I've ever encountered.

It's rather a reflection of why I find the concept of Legends vs Canon to be rather silly. They are all still stories, and at the end of the day they are all still there to be enjoyed. Whether Leia and Han had four children or one is largely irrelevant. Irrespective of how those stories actually relate to a fictitious universe, the ways in which they touched us emotionally still matter. The memories are still there, clear, intact, indestructible - and they'll be there if we live to 900 years old!

Bonus points if you name your favorite Star Wars film as well!

A New Hope. It's just the quintessential perfect Star Wars film for me.

Please be sure to include your preference for the platform too, at the end.

PC for me please!

Miopia

May 10, 2018
So, it's not exactly the memory of an specific moment of a game, it's more a memory of a sensation.

In my childhood, PCs weren't exactly cheap. I had an aging 386 DX at the time, capable of running some old games, but most of my PC gaming happened at a my buddys house. To be exact, it was at his fathers house, who divorced from his mother and stayed with his children at the weekends. Regularly, for a good 3 or 4 years, I went there with my friend to stay for the weekend.

So, this guy ( The father) was a serious gamer. Not just videogames, i must say. I learned to play some awesome tabletop games, like the card games Bridge and Truco (which is a very popular game in my country). I Learned the intricacies of Domino. We played a lot of table tennis too. and PC Games, of course.

He had an awesome Compaq Presario, an 486 DX4 100 Mhz, a very capable machine. It was my first contact to the most advanced PC games at the time. We played a lot of hotseat GP2, and shared the keyboard with the competitive multiplayer of Micro Machines. If the game had a campaign, we took turns, or lives. We played Duke 3d, Quake, Tomb Raider that way, to name a few.

So two of those games were, of course, Xwing, and later, Tie Fighter. They were actualy the first games that i played that used the mouse to control the crosshair. So, i remember clearly that feeling of stomping the mouse at the mouse pad, trying to track the enemies on the vast space, lasers blasting, feeling like some kind of crippled Jedi. There was a physicality to it, and a sense of rhythm. It wasn't particularly confortable, and required a lot of effort, but it was very precise. Pew pew, THUMP, Pew pew pew, THUMP.

We ended up breaking a few mouses of course, as they had a lot of moving parts at the time. So much that my friends dad ended up buying an trackball.
My favorite movie is A New Hope. Very iconic. I'd like a PC copy, if possible. Thank you very much for doing this!

Last edited:

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
The Force Unleashed is my favourite Star Wars game of all time. I remember being blown away by the demo and playing it all night over and over with my friends when we downloaded it.

The game itself is amazing, there's tons of singular moments that were great but for me the overall feel of being a Sith/Jedi in that game was amazing. It was the first time when playing a Star Wars game felt exactly like being in one of the movies.

I actually showed my wife the trailers for both Force Unleashed games last night because she'd never heard of them. I'm going to dig the games out and we're going to play them together in the run up to Fallen Order being released.

My favourite Star Wars movie is Rogue One. Like the Force Unleashed, I really like anything set between Episodes 3 and 4.

I prefer playing on Xbox One.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite moments were def playing Kotor 2 at launch back then. It was the sequel to the beloved KOTOR and made by the folks at Obsidian, founded by the Black Isle Peeps no less. Chris Avellone on Star Wars game? I couldn't belive it.

I love the dark and menacing the game's atmosphere was. Despite the game being a bit rough, it's still the best Star Wars game and the writing is def some of the best in the franchise. Avellone was originally not a fan of Star Wars and the Force concept, going as far to say that he hated it but he still managed to bring his A game and expand with Kotor 2 and move the SW franchise into new grounds. Avellone also managed to create Kreia which I think needs to introduction.

Platform is PC.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
My favorite moment has to be the reveal CGI trailer of Star Wars: The Old Republic. So many promises, a timeline that looked unexplored and a really talented developer at the helm after KOTOR, what could go wrong?

Well plenty at launch but at least all the trailers still look cool to this day and the game has been massively improved. Still would love to see a proper new single player RPG.

Favorite SW film: Empire (Obviously ;))

Platform: PC

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
One of my favourite moments is definetly Chewbacca's death saving Han's son, Anakin, in Sernpidal. Truth be told I didn't really cared much for Chewbacca up until that point in the Star Wars Universe, but his death shook me. If you only took the first sentence of this paragraph at face value you would imagine he dies fighting in a heroic last stand. He doesn't, his death is just a simple stroke of bad luck. As he gets knocked far from the Falcon and Han runs to the entrance ramp I simply assumed that somehow he would make it and they would all escape, like they always do. Except that, this time, they didn't. I didn't feel sad, but I couldn't take it in at firt. I thought I had misread (english is not my native language), but then it hit me. They had just killed the first major character from the Original Trilogy.

If we talk about games, then I can't stop mentioning seeing the TV comercials of the N64 Shadows of the Empire game. I actually never got to play but every time I saw it, to me it looked just like the films. The game I did play and got to love was Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. I felt like actually playing a new movie. Kyle was a cool character and the FMV made me feel like I was part of a new exciting trilogy. A classmate lend it to me and I could not give it back. I replayed it over and over again. My favourite moment was fighting the lightsaber weilding duo Pic and Gorc. I did not have my bearings in lightsaber combat by then and it proved a difficult fight (thank the empire for thermal detonators). But that was the "shit just got real" moment for me. A new character, a new trilogy, with movie production values and of the best FPS of the 90s. A few years afterwards when I saw Yoda fighting I could't help but remember this fight, since Yoda moved pretty much like Pic.

Edit: Spelling Check, in case of being chosen Xbox One platform. Added game answer.

Selfquoting since I edited the post

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
My family was very poor growing up. My was the sole provider for me and my siblings, so there wasn't a ton of money for gaming. I remember around Christmas time after the N64 was released, my mother took me into Toys R Us to try and find some gifts. They had these N64 demo units set up with Super Mario 64 playable. I was blown away, and spent the whole trip to the store playing it. The guy behind the counter started going over the games out for the system with me, and one of them was Shadows of the Empire. I was a huge Star Wars fan, so I freaked out, lol. He let me hold the game box, but then that price of nearly $80 instantly put it in my head that I'd never play it. The cost of the system and that price for games...yeah, my family of hand-me-down clothes and off brand food absolutely had no business looking at items of that nature. Now even as a kid, even though it I didn't understand how bad my parents were struggling, I understood, and they provided everything we needed. I told my mother how amazing the game and system looked, but I didn't ask for it, knowing it wasn't in the cards.

Christmas came and my parents did really great for how many kids we were and the resources available. There was no N64 and no Shadows of the Empire. I wasn't shocked and I was very grateful for everything I received. Still, you know how inside you still feel a bit sad? Well, I was feeling it, but I made sure not to show it. The next day, my mother took me with her to do the usual Christmas returns, such as clothing not fitting or toys that were broken. We went into a store called Kay-Bee Toy Works. I didn't remember her buying anything from there, and she didn't have anything in a bag that I could see to return. So I was a bit puzzled. We went over to the gaming counter, and the guy put a brand new N64 on the counter with Super Mario 64 and Shadows of the Empire. I knew it wasn't for me, it couldn't have been. Then she turned to me and said, "I'm sorry I didn't have it in time for Christmas, but by the time we had the money they were sold out everywhere."

My jaw was on the floor. I started to cry, partly from shock and partly because I felt bad she spent that money. You'll never see a more grateful child than I was that, and for many after. I played SotE over and over and over. My father even liked playing it, and he never plays video games. The Hoth level, was mind blowing, and we both replayed it so many times. It was like playing the beginning of Empire Strikes Back (my favorite SW film) and I was in Heaven. The music, the graphics, the cool new controller. This was the future, and I was actually a part of it.

So yeah, long story short, I love my parents and to this day I do anything I can to repay them for the childhood they gave me. Every birthday, Fathers Day, Mothers Day, I make sure I always get over there regardless of what's going on. My wife and I take them out to dinner every year for their wedding anniversary, and my kids love them to death.

Should I win, XBox would be my platform of choice. If not, it's nice to relive that memory, and brag about my parents a bit.

Last edited:

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Back when I first played KOTOR a friend and I were doing a daily handoff as we watched each other play. He light side, I the dark side.

Given Chapells show had just started, I decided to name my character "Rick James, Bich". It was like the game was made for it, we spend so much time laughing at the dialog that the actual evil I was doing was pretty much secondary.

PC code would be ideal.

KakesuSora

Mar 8, 2018
Honestly, I think mine would be getting to play KOTR for the first time. Everything about it was just amazing at the time, that opening. Getting to be a Jedi and going through the history of the order was so awesome. annnd of course, the twist is great.

A PC code would be ideal but xbox one is fine.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Oh man, Star Wars is, to this day, my number one fandom. I absolutely love it. I get excited on any news and yes, very eager for Skywalker Rises. I devour any lore, stay up late at nights when I get the urge to just read Star Wars legends lore. Dreaming about a Kotor 3 by Obsidian with Avellone somehow involved but, it's just a dream.

I'm 27. So I actually grew up with the prequel trilogy. My favorite memory is gearing up with my friends to go see Revenge of the Sith. Back in 2005 the hype was real for us kids. I grew up in Brooklyn, NY (Bushwick here!) and Star Wars just wasn't popular but I had 2 friends who loved it just as much as me. There was a Burger King close by a train station that had Star Wars themed toys, General Grievous figures, articles in Nickelodeon Magazine, new Lego sets... Every single thing seemed to be plastered with Darth Vader's helmet and lava in the background.

My friends and I would roleplay Anakin's fall to the dark side, and we played hours of Battlefront, as well as that Episode III game for PS2. When it actually came time to watch the movie, my friends and I just watched as Anakin burned in silence. The whole theater was quiet as he screamed. It was pretty brutal come to think of it but damn, I loved it.

I know the prequel trilogy gets a lot of hate but it's what I grew up on and I'll always love it. Empire Strikes Back is my favorite of all the movies but Rogue One is maybe my second now. Empire though, what an ending. I think as I have went through periods of deep unhappiness in life and rewatching Episode V, I feel the ending really makes me understand this scene in Clerks so much more.

Oh man, Knights of the Old Republic 2 is one of my top 3 games of all time.

My platform of choice is PC but I do have an Xbox One so I'd so be cool with an Xbox copy!

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
Dark forces 2 is still my favorite star wars game. The scale in level 9 when you had to breach the tower blew me away back in the day. The fan community was great gio, south alot of amazing mods for the game.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
My favorite Star Wars game is Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. The simulation of the aesthetic representation of lightsaber combat is just perfection. A friend of mine and myself played downloaded multiplayer maps from the Prequel Trilogy that we played extensively, almost RP'ing the Obi-Wans and the Palpatines and such. Running up walls, force-jumping, clashing the sabers in that glowing, flashing lightshow just like the best fights in the movies. I crave to swing my lightsaber in a game, once more!