• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man. So when I said earlier that my shopto order has arrived... Turn out it hasn't.

My wife text me saying game has arrived but went just got home and it was a pack of double sided tape I ordered. Haha tomorrow it is.
Those bastards lied to us! Yeah my post arrived a few mins ago and no games. 2 days early would have been crazy.

Oct 27, 2017
Has anything come out/leaked about the default gamepad control layout and remappability? A cursory glance didn't come up with anything.

Oct 31, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Advocating piracy
This is just an opinion mind you, but I think that as long as you get the code before release, it should.
Yes, pre-loading now and the pre-order bonus are one of the things in the download queue. (Xbox version)
Did you get the preorder bonus for the PC version with cdkeys? It doesn't say anything about it on the page.
Can confirm CDkeys orders come with preload bonus content since we got the keys two days before release. Deluxe Edition has BD-1 and Mantis ship cosmetic skin and BTS footage. Preorder has orange lightsaber and two hilts. However at cdkeys deluxe and normal edition cost almost the same so deluxe is the choice that makes sense in this case, especially with key availability right now.

Edit: Also the game has a tie-in comic that has currently 3 issues and the 4th is releasing today so read it

Mod edit: removed link to pirate site

Last edited by a moderator:

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Can confirm CDkeys orders come with preload bonus content since we got the keys two days before release. Deluxe Edition has BD-1 and Mantis ship cosmetic skin and BTS footage. Preorder has orange lightsaber and two hilts. However at cdkeys deluxe and normal edition cost almost the same so deluxe is the choice that makes sense in this case, especially with key availability right now.

Edit: Also the game has a tie-in comic that has currently 3 issues and the 4th is releasing today so read it

Thanks.
Are you talking about the XBOX version? I don't see any deluxe version for PC on cdkeys.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Has anything come out/leaked about the default gamepad control layout and remappability? A cursory glance didn't come up with anything.
There is a post on reddit that shows the controls and they are remapable. But be damned careful going looking. Spoilers everywhere.
Nice. Remapping Sekiro controls over the first few hours of the game improved the experience vastly for me. Face buttons for melee attacks are far superior to me than shoulder buttons.

I ended up with this layout in Sekiro:
JxLnYrH.jpg

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Axecidentally pushed me over the edge with his reports regarding difficulty...bought the game, already shipped, should be here tomorrow

looking forward to the combat now, i will definitely play on hard mode, should be fun :-)

Mar 29, 2018
Nice. Remapping Sekiro controls over the first few hours of the game improved the experience vastly for me. Face buttons for melee attacks are far superior to me than shoulder buttons.

I ended up with this layout in Sekiro:
JxLnYrH.jpg
triangle for attack...

I'm on NG++++ in Sekiro but never thought to try remapping. Perhaps I'll try Square attack and Circle block, looks pretty legit.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
triangle for attack...

I'm on NG++++ in Sekiro but never thought to try remapping. Perhaps I'll try Square attack and Circle block, looks pretty legit.
I definitely prefer square for attack, but it didn't feel right in this game. I remember needing the attack and block buttons in close proximity for Combat Arts to execute reliably, so I tried Square to attack, triangle for block, and O for loot. It works well for combat but I don't like using O to grab onto or pull up from ledges. The pictured layout treats square as the interaction button and triangle and O as combat buttons nicely. It makes going back and forth between DMC and Bayonetta feel seamless.

Mar 29, 2018
I definitely prefer square for attack, but it didn't feel right in this game. I remember needing the attack and block buttons in close proximity for Combat Arts to execute reliably, so I tried Square to attack, triangle for block, and O for loot. It works well for combat but I don't like using O to grab onto or pull up from ledges. The pictured layout treats square as the interaction button and triangle and O as combat buttons nicely. It makes going back and forth between DMC and Bayonetta feel seamless.
I was gonna say, maybe Square attack and Triangle block, they're closer together. Having O on the far side is no good.

Rilian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Weird question, but...

If I buy the game on Steam, will I still get the achievements on Origin? I already know there are no Steam achievements for the game.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
is there any good write ups anywhere about the lightsaber workbench stuff? trying to get some info in the OT about that. for example, what parts of the lightsaber can be worked on, etc. (i already got the colours down)

i coulda swore i saw a diagram or something somewhere...

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Dammit, pre-loading once I get home. Destiny 2 baby I promise I'll be back.

Keyboard or controller for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.