• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I have also looked at early streams and I fully disagree with you.

I stand by what I said. But feel free to show me where she looks great in the game.

I'd say it's the opposite, BF2 stylized its model more and this is more trying to be 1:1, but IMO something is a bit off and it exacerbates the actor's flaws.
I also don't like how Cameron looks in the game.

Ehh..I think Debra looks fine in this. Cameron however doesn't look quite like himself so I understand that. But ultimately its not so jarring that it should be a deal breaker here. As long as their performances and stories are great

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like some stores in LA got the console versions today. Too bad I am holding out for PC version.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I just did. This game has way better skin shading and lighting than BF2 when it comes to character model quality. Animation being way better in fallen order pretty much a given based on the MP vs SP. Ofc they don't look as good as the BF2 SP models in cinematics, (not many things do), but again, that's a bit of unfair comparison as we're talking pre-rendered vs. real time. Cal is clearly the highlight when it comes to detail. Frankly you're not even describing anything wrong with the models.
-skin shading
-eye shading
-lighting
-polycount
-texture quality
-animation quality
etc.
c
What specifically are you taking issue with on a technical level? Cause frankly based on your phrasing it sounds like your issue is that she doesn't look traditionally attractive enough.

I am not talking about the quality of animation or textures.

I am saying I feel like they did not translate the actors properly because their flaws seem exacerbated.

Debra Wilson looks amazing.

32807a410c8a0b6cfeaf935c7d7e5109.jpg

Whenever I see her counterpart in Fallen Order I am uncomfortable. She looks dead eyed (also her eyelashes are too small maybe in your screenshot ? It makes her eyes too big which may be what bothers me ?), uncanny, and in motion it's jarring too.

star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-screen-01-ps4-us-08oct19

latest

Both Cameron and her give me completely different vibes in real life than they do in this game.
And it's not by design.

And I am not talking about texturing, and lightning. I am sure that this will look fine on that front.

Wow Devil May Cry 5 looks smoother than Fallen Order 1. Good take.

Seems like ya have an agenda.

You want him to throw Nier Automata gifs in your face ?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

I am saying I feel like they did not translate the actors properly because their flaws seem exacerbated.

Whenever I see her counterpart in Fallen Order I am uncomfortable. She looks dead eyed (also her eyelashes are too small maybe in your screenshot ? It makes her eyes too big which may be what bothers me ?), uncanny, and in motion it's jarring too.

latest

Both Cameron and her give me completely different vibes in real life than they do in this game.
And it's not by design.

And I am not talking about texturing, and lightning. I am sure that this will look fine on that front.

Oh so it is about her not being traditionally attractive enough while playing a character who's not wearing makeup compared to what the actress looks like during a professional photoshoot in full makeup. Gee it's almost like people look a lot different without lots of makeup. 🙄

Can you describe using tech specifics how they do?

Oct 27, 2017
She's not wearing eye makeup in the game, which accounts for some of the appearance.

Also, Cal's arms/elbows look a bit extended from the body while running, like he's constantly trying to balance himself or something. If you imagine someone trying to do the chicken dance and flap the wings up and down, he looks like his arms are in the "up" position.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the steam NZ unlock works, it will unlock @ 5 AM CST using a VPN to access new zealand time.

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize that was Debra Wilson haha. I'll admit, I was bummed when I saw those animations but I'm still so hype for this, I'm willing to overlook it if everything else is good.

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
Is it fair to think that the game is geared towards Dark Souls and Sekiro fans? I keep hearing in most streams and previews that it plays like a Souls game.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Oh so it is about her not being traditionally attractive enough while playing a character who's not wearing makeup compared to what the actress looks like during a professional photoshoot in full makeup. Gee it's almost like people look a lot different without lots of makeup. 🙄
Exactly.

She looks similar to real life and other media. She simply has way less makeup in Fallen Order, which makes sense considering the setting and situation.

Is it fair to think that the game is geared towards Dark Souls and Sekiro fans? I keep hearing in most streams and previews that it plays like a Souls game.
Yes. There are various difficulty options too, so you may choose which is the best for you.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Eh, the bonfires, exp usage, and apparent combat style definitely gives a more Souls than GOW vibe IMO.

I should have been specific. I meant in terms of lvl design its kinda like GoW and exploration. But it definitely has some heavy Souls influences. Even the lightsaber was influenced from one of their games.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I should have been specific. I meant in terms of lvl design its kinda like GoW and exploration. But it definitely has some heavy Souls influences. Even the lightsaber was influenced from one of their games.
Nah, even the exploration and level design are heavily influenced by Souls. It's very metroidvania with multiple paths and shortcuts.

Or maybe GoW was influenced by Souls in the first place.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017

Ooph, I was thinking of picking this up but I have 0 interest in the difficulty of those games. I hear some people saying it's similar to God of War, a lot more interested in that description (haven't played the newest one though).

Might hold off, Pokemon will keep me busy enough on Friday.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Nah, even the exploration and level design are heavily influenced by Souls. It's very metroidvania with multiple paths and shortcuts.

Or maybe GoW was influenced by Souls in the first place.

Yea. GoW is influenced by Souls.
Which was influenced by Metroidvania. Its really neat to see how well influential Souls games have been for an entire decade.

I think going with that style of lvl design was smart on the devs and I really hope it pays off and so far it seems it will

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Ooph, I was thinking of picking this up but I have 0 interest in the difficulty of those games. I hear some people saying it's similar to God of War, a lot more interested in that description (haven't played the newest one though).

There's 4 difficulty options to choose from.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019

Don't worry. They have 4 difficulty lvls.

Story Mode
Jedi Knight
Jedi Master
Jedi Grandmaster

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm watching some French dude stream on twitch. I can't tell if he sucks or it's on a harder difficulty. Anyone else watching?

Last edited:

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

latest

And it's not by design.

Man, what is it and this game turning real world actors into monsters. She looks gaunt and contorted, and the main guy has a face you want to punch (not the actor).

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Was watching the Lakers vs. Golden State Basketball game and they just ran a Xbox Jedi commercial. It was well done, with the ending having the BB unit tapping on the screen. Looks really good.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I am going with "X" because it is Respawn. While true when Titanfall 2 got the enhanced patch, the PRO version was better, but when DF did their thing they contacted Respawn about the issues with the "X" enhancement and they fixed it within 3 days.

Or just wait for the DF analysis?

Yeah. I've never been interested in a Souls game, but hearing this game has technical combat like that has me excited. The dark and drab visuals of the Souls games are a turn off for me.

I remember saying this and although I don't like Souls, Bloodborne ended up to be the greatest game I ever played. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Or just wait for the DF analysis?

I remember saying this and although I don't like Souls, Bloodborne ended up to be the greatest game I ever played. Don't judge a book by its cover.
I would but I want the pre-order bonus stuff (digital) and I can change my Xbox X to NZ and play it tomorrow morning which works for me since I am off on Thursday.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
There's a day one patch...
And the game went gold weeks ago
Also they did say they prioritize responsive controls over animations which is why the animations aren't that crisp.

Such a dumb excuse I keep reading. Uncharted 4 has the best animations in the business and feels very responsive.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Such a dumb excuse I keep reading. Uncharted 4 has the best animations in the business and feels very responsive.

Now you and I both know Naughty Dog tend to be on another lvl entirely when it comes to animation quality. Lol

And no where did I say that those 2 are mutually exclusive. Just that for this game they seemed to have focused more on combat than animations.

MadraptorMan

Oct 27, 2017
Niigata, Japan
Same here. But there are plenty of people that don't like those games. They're my favorite series (along with BB) so that's what made me care about SW.

I'm kind of torn to be honest. I really liked Nioh because of the speed and action-y gameplay but not many of the other Souls-type games. On the other hand, I really really liked GoW which this game was getting compared to a fair bit--but after watching some streams and reading impressions it seems to follow the Souls formula way closer than GoW did (if you can even say it did at all...).

I'm still interested because I really want to play a good SW game but I feel like I know what I'm getting into more than I would like to with it just being that same old formula again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.