• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really wonder if we will see the
compass Luke picked up in the fourth mission appear in The Last Jedi

That could be quite interesting to see, iirc they said that this story would tie in to the main plot so I could see some kind of reference being made about the compass in the movie.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
LMAO

So everyone bitching and moaning with pitchforks that it would take over 10 hours each were just full of shit? Who started that rumor, because fuck them.

To be fair, I think the current costs were a recent change, probably in response to, ah, feedback from the early access Origin trial.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They decreased the price of everyone.
Iden 20k->5k, Luke & Vader 60k->15k, Leia 40k->10k

It was said it would take 40 hours to unlock the 60k heroes though. That was bullshit.

Glad they reduced it though as that was my only real issue. Loot box outrage has been completely overblown.

People need ot remember that we are getting a couple years of updates for free. The seaon pass for the first game was 30 pound (I think???) and that eneded up splitting the community up.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It was said it would take 40 hours to unlock the 60k heroes though. That was bullshit.

Glad they reduced it though as that was my only real issue. Loot box outrage has been completely overblown.

People need ot remember that we are getting a couple years of updates for free. The seaon pass for the first game was 30 pound (I think???) and that eneded up splitting the community up.
Yep, of course that was bullshit. I got about 30.000 credits in just 4-5 hours EA Access. Progression is just fine if you ask me. But what do I know ... It's easy for many to jump on the shitstorm train without playing the actual game for a second. There are so many wrong numbers floating around by the media, it's insane.

Enjoyed SWBF2015 - but BF2 is definitely a league ahead.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just watching a video talking about how the game balance is fucked because people haven't had enough time to grind for anti-air weapons makes my blood boil. Also, you can literally pay real money to get stronger stats. How can the people at DICE think that making a game work like this is okay?

I miss the good old days when a multiplayer game was a relatively level playing field and didn't depend on who paid the most money or grinded for an ungodly amount of hours.

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit I was a bit reluctant purchasing this game when people claimed that it would take that many hours to get X amount of credits.
Glad that it was both exaggerated and that EA buckled down.

Looking forward to playing this game on Friday as I won't have time to enjoy it till then due to work.

Big thumbs-up for the OT!

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How long did it take you to save enough credits for both of them?

My wife had a go whilst I was working so i'm not 100 percent sure. I would guess 12ish hours? Some of that was playing around with arcade mode thoiugh.

Poster above has said he got around 30,000 credits in 5 hours. Which would be enough to unlock both of them.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How is the performance on the ps4 compared to the beta? The beta felt like its sub 30 fps alot and the speed of the gameplay was a little bit to slow. Did they fix it ?

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Man, I'm so interested in this game, but all the negative press and the whole buying character issues are putting me off. I know it's not something entirely new with Battlefield as a franchise (loot boxes and item unlocks), but something is nagging at me not to jump in. Those who are playing it seem to enjoy it though.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
My wife had a go whilst I was working so i'm not 100 percent sure. I would guess 12ish hours? Some of that was playing around with arcade mode thoiugh.

Poster above has said he got around 30,000 credits in 5 hours. Which would be enough to unlock both of them.

Thanks for the info, sounds about right (and fair). Despite the shitty EA practices my hype is over the roof for this, Friday cannot come soon enough!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
could someone do me a solid and take a picture of the interceptor star card that increases your armor and the one that increases your maneuverability?
I can't access the game atm and would love to see the values

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017

No, it really hasn't been overblown. We're talking about a full 60 dollars game which has freemium mechanics and even a timer to prevent you from earning more "free" points from playing it. You can't penalize players from getting "free" updates for years. We don't even know full extent of these updates yet.

Season passes are bullshit to begin with in my opinion.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
No, it really hasn't been overblown. We're talking about a full 60 dollars game which has freemium mechanics and even a timer to prevent you from earning more "free" points from playing it. You can't penalize players from getting "free" updates for years. We don't even know full extent of these updates yet.

The timer is only for the single player arcade mode btw which takes about 2 minutes per missions for 100 credits each.

Just as a clarification. Not a defense. Not saying this is good. Just providing info.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Timer is for arcade only...

I agree with you. In an ideal world none of this would exsist. But it does and my argument is that the particular outrage at this game has been completely overblown. People saying stuff that just isn't true and probably wern't interested in the game in the first place.

Games have stayed the same price for decades now.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just to confirm how things look in the final version: the most expensive characters are Luke and Vader at 15,000 credits each. I played 3 multiplayer matches and about 1/3 of the campaign on its hardest difficulty and I have 12.5k credits or so. Preorder/deluxe edition bonuses totaled about 2500 or so credit head start if I remember right, and the rest was obtained either through post-match reward or through challenge completion from both my time spent in campaign and in multiplayer. It seems you'll get between 200-400 credits at the end of a match, depending on performance. It does not seem like hero unlocks will be a big deal. I still worry about card crafting and general card acquisition, though, but I admittedly haven't dived much into that system. I hear that you get rewarded 5000 credits for finishing the campaign, which essentially gives the Iden hero away for free since that's her cost. I imagine either with a few more matches or with campaign completion yielding other challenges other than the free 5k, I will be able to get Vader or Luke and still have some credits left over toward the next big unlock.

Campaign has pretty boring enemy AI and level layout for the most part, but I am enjoying the story it's telling. It's not the most gripping Star Wars fiction but it does feature a higher level of fanservice than I ever expected. That said, it's certainly not worth it to pick this game up alone based on the campaign from what I can tell so far.

I'm into the arcadey feel of the core on-foot combat gameplay, personally, but overall this package very much feels like a 7/10 at this early time.

Again, not sure how crafting works yet and it could be a microtransaction trap, but so far I feel zero incentive to buy any additional packs.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
The timer is only for the single player arcade mode btw which takes about 2 minutes per missions for 100 credits each.

Just as a clarification. Not a defense. Not saying this is good. Just providing info.

Thanks for the clarification!

Timer is for arcade only...

I agree with you. In an ideal world none of this would exsist. But it does and my argument is that the particular outrage at this game has been completely overblown. People saying stuff that just isn't true and probably wern't interested in the game in the first place.

Games have stayed the same price for decades now.

The videogames business model has much been debated and I understand there's no easy solution for getting revenue and charging players fairly, but I think all of these solutions proposed by EA and Activision are not the way to go. These DO affect player enjoyment in my opinion.

Let's step back a little and remeber even single player games like Mario still exist and offer no compromise whatsoever while offering a magnificent experience. I understand Mario and Nintendo games are something different and not the norm, but I really think there has to be a better solution. Hell, I'd even be okay with a rise in prices if it meant not having to deal with these bullshity practices.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What actually made the deluxe edition worth £70? I know you get the game a few days early and some additional upgrades and star cards, but £25-30 more just for that seems excessive. I'd have thought they would throw in a digital copy of Inferno Squad at least.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks for the clarification!

The videogames business model has much been debated and I understand there's no easy solution for getting revenue and charging players fairly, but I think all of these solutions proposed by EA and Activision are not the way to go. These DO affect player enjoyment in my opinion.

Let's step back a little and remeber even single player games like Mario still exist and offer no compromise whatsoever while offering a magnificent experience. I understand Mario and Nintendo games are something different and not the norm, but I really think there has to be a better solution. Hell, I'd even be okay with a rise in prices if it meant not having to deal with these bullshity practices.

Mario has a season pass. So did Zelda.

From my point of view I am paying a price for a game and I know from what I have played before that I will never have any need to buy loot boxes. On top of that a game that I really enjoy is going to get free maps, heroes, cosmetcis etc "for the next few years".

Dernus

Oct 27, 2017
The outrage is so overblown it's incredible.. progression seems fine. I have a ton of credits and ive only played 7 hours including finishing the campaign.

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the current Hero Ships and how there are 2 Falcons and 2 X-wings, they really should add

The outrage is so overblown it's incredible.. progression seems fine.
It seems fine because of the outrage...They changed it because of the reactions.

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The outrage is so overblown it's incredible.. progression seems fine. I have a ton of credits and ive only played 7 hours including finishing the campaign.

Given everything that's been going on recently, how are you not aware that they reduced the cost of the heroes? The prices you're seeing now we're not the prices people have been complaining about. Also, besides the heroes the game is still p2w since you can buy loot crates which give out star cards that give you a big advantage. This has been noted in many reviews.

amodelmerol

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
So the deal technically got better?

That's not the Star Wars I know.

More like "it got a bit less worse"

People aren't taking into account the that the 40 hour grind didn't consider first time bonus. You can unlock Vader and Like with the new adjusted prices in less than 5 hours with bonus credits and the normal gains.

However once the bonuses dry up and heroes are unlocked, credits will be needed for the loot boxes and grinding will get slower, unless you pay

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
More like "it got a bit less worse"

People aren't taking into account the that the 40 hour grind didn't consider first time bonus. You can unlock Vader and Like with the new adjusted prices in less than 5 hours with bonus credits and the normal gains.

However once the bonuses dry up and heroes are unlocked, credits will be needed for the loot boxes and grinding will get slower, unless you pay

But they have a lot of events etc planned as well which you would imagine have decent credit rewards.

Endy

Oct 30, 2017
What actually made the deluxe edition worth £70? I know you get the game a few days early and some additional upgrades and star cards, but £25-30 more just for that seems excessive. I'd have thought they would throw in a digital copy of Inferno Squad at least.
I was wondering exactly the same.
I was mulling over the idea of getting it early with the deluxe edition, but I'm not really convinced that spending 20€ for just that is really worth it.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

It's not, at all. Basically you get the 2nd unlock weapon for each class, I believe 100 kills to earn it? And the first attachment so 50 kills per weapon. Could be wrong there. And you get 3 days early along with a 'rare' tier star card for each class. So basically you're just paying for a time saver. I grabbed it from the HK store for just over 50 quid so not a huge difference in price - it felt 'worth' a tenner to me personally mainly just to play the campaign earlier this week.

Oct 30, 2017

"making the outrage outdated."

Stopping reaching for the carrot man. The culture of MTs fucking sucks and no amount of free content will change that.

Namiks

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The fact that this public outcry hasn't led to the removal of the game's bullshit microtransactions only proves that EA needs to die already.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Yep, of course that was bullshit. I got about 30.000 credits in just 4-5 hours EA Access. Progression is just fine if you ask me. But what do I know ... It's easy for many to jump on the shitstorm train without playing the actual game for a second. There are so many wrong numbers floating around by the media, it's insane..

30k? lol no way. Sounds like you are mixing up battlepoints with credits

John Marston

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, not really familiar with these games but Battlefront titles are first person shooters right? However, I just saw footage of the campaign and it's in 3rd person?

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sorry, not really familiar with these games but Battlefront titles are first person shooters right? However, I just saw footage of the campaign and it's in 3rd person?
You can switch between them.
It's not, at all. Basically you get the 2nd unlock weapon for each class, I believe 100 kills to earn it? And the first attachment so 50 kills per weapon. Could be wrong there. And you get 3 days early along with a 'rare' tier star card for each class. So basically you're just paying for a time saver. I grabbed it from the HK store for just over 50 quid so not a huge difference in price - it felt 'worth' a tenner to me personally mainly just to play the campaign earlier this week.
Thanks for clarifying. It didn't seem worth it on paper.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Its not that hard initially

We have countless posts with picture proof, and videos of how much credits a person gets, even the videos about maxing out credit earning in early access mentioned limits and that a person at most would be getting several hundred from challenges at best.

Unless they did massive changes to credits for release, the 30k number is complete and utter bullshit. The only way to get a big credit reward close to that was playing and beating the campaign which gave 20k reward, that was removed and reduced to 5k. Most challenges only give a couple hundred at most and limited to how many one can do.

People keep posting pictures of the thousands of credits they earned, but are confused that they are looking at their points, not credit earnings

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
This whole situation makes no sense. Why charge for these characters?

If you can unlock them similar to unlocking a gun or a level, no one bats an eyelid, because the playing field is the same. However if you make it so people can skip the grind then you are offering an unfair advantage. People have every right to be angry about this. EA could have offered XP modifiers and no one would have cared.

The heros is such a key selling point to the game. When one arrives on the battlefield they become a real presence. Locking some behind a pay wall is nuts. Even if it only takes 6 hours to unlock one, that's still bullshit. This is the very definition of carving up a game so you can resell it.

Silvard

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Don't have one handy, but I can explain it as best to my knowledge with the game (15 hours or so). Progression is split between two levels: Your overall player account level which is increased by your score in matches and the level of your classes - to include starfighters, heroes, and vehicles which are their own class. Each class can equip Star Cards which are modifiers to existing abilities or new abilities altogether. One Star Card may be "increase Health Boost by 10%", and another may be "Disruptor - Defuses enemy explosives that enter an area around you for 10 seconds." You can equip up to 3 cards per class at any time.

Here is where it gets tricky. To level a class you have to acquire more Star Cards. The more you have, and the higher level they are, the higher your class level will be. The Star Cards must pertain to that class to rank that class up. Heavy cards do not level Officer, for example. This is the number that you will see next to your class. If you want to unlock the card slot that needs Officer rank 10, then craft or find more Officer Star Cards. I once saw a player who was a rank 50 Assault class. In order to get that level he must have had every Assault card, and every one of those cards was upgraded to Epic (purple) quality. To obtain that so early means he easily spent over $100 on the game.

To upgrade Star Cards to the next rank, you must use a set amount of crafting parts dependent on tier, and you must be a certain overall account level. Green quality cards require account level 10, Blue 15, and Purple 20. In theory this is so people can't just find purples in lootcrates and dominate newbies (and later purples were removed from crates all together), but in reality if you find a card in a loot crate as opposed to crafting, you can equip it regardless of account level.

Lootcrates are the only way to find Star Cards. Certain challenges you can complete will reward you with special crates containing specific Cards (and will contain duplicates in my experience which is dumb), and of course you can spend credits or real money on them.

Thanks a lot! You do your name a disservice.

So then overall level doesn't matter except to get purple Star Cards? What happens when you get duplicate Star Cards?