Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only unlockable items with mtx are cosmetics. All heroes and villains are unlocked from the beginning. You can level them all up which gives you access to Starcards which are small boosters that you can also upgrade three times. The same counts for the different types of infantry. You can have three Starcards active at a time.

Are they kind of like those perk cards from Titanfall?

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
So if I understand this correctly, you get everything out of the box? No grinding required?

Just the cosmetic stuff I think, which isn't that big a deal anyway. You still have to grind all the star cards and that is what takes most of the time. I actually think the grind for star cards and upgrading them is pretty brutal tbh.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
One of the best ideas this game has implemented was changing clone trooper progression so that you start out as a "Shiny" and get to earn the markings on your armor.

Like it was so obvious in hindsight...

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not great. Pretty much have to stick to co-op because it needs very few actual players. If you want to just hop straight into a game that's the way to go. The second most populated mode is Capital Supremacy where you can usually get a game going with some patience. But then you also need patience just to play that mode.
You can pretty much forget about playing any other modes, unless you get lucky.

I've never had trouble getting a match of Walker Assault, Heroes vs Villains, and Blast on PC as well.

Sadly, anything with star fighters is dead.

What are they celebrating? Their huge piles of MTX money?

I have over a 100 hours in the game, if you'd told me the game had no MTX, I'd believe you.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Been tempted to get the game when it was sub-10. May wait for this to go cheaper now :)

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
These characters before Mace Windu, Jango Fett, Ahsoka Tano, Asajj Ventress, Jyn Erso, Director Krennic, Poe Dameron (I don't count his X-Wing) and Snoke? Really Dice?

To be fair, a couple of fun characters is fine.

This is a far cry from BF1 where we pretended Dengar and Greedo were iconic heroes over freaking Obi-Wan

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

I blocked this atrocity from my mind.

maxresdefault.jpg

Nov 16, 2017
For $40, this is very tempting after how little fun I've had in Modern Warfare and I need something to scratch the multiplayer itch.

breadtruck

Oct 27, 2017
I want to love this, but until Star Cards go away, I just can't. It's why I gave up playing. Conflicts always feel unfair.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Some of them are really powerful. Bossk for example has one called Multitraps which increases his grenade ability from 3 to 5. Those 5 grenades can deal up to 80% damage on some heroes and instakill all normal troopers.
Oh wow thanks for the clarification. I'm planning on getting into the game but honestly online multi has never been my forte

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Also worth noting they updated the celebration edition art to replace the DS1 with DS2. So I guess that means that isn't coming after all.

Great update though, I still have a load of skins that I haven't unlocked so I'll chuck money at them for the upgrade.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Oh wow thanks for the clarification. I'm planning on getting into the game but honestly online multi has never been my forte
There are a lot of event days with double XP which make leveling up a certain character very easy. I played like 5 games of Heroes vs Villains with Rey and she was already level 12 which allows heroes to use Star Cards of the second highest level. I think every wednesday has double exp right now.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I was hooping by now the star card grinding would be gone. Why cant everybody just be on even playing field? That's what I loved about the original BF games.

I agree, but games nowadays need progression or people bitch. Folks lost their shit in the first battlefront with how little there was to unlock and gain, people need that carrot on a stick and feel like they are constantly progressing and unlocking crap sadly

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
There are a lot of event days with double XP which make leveling up a certain character very easy. I played like 5 games of Heroes vs Villains with Rey and she was already level 12 which allows heroes to use Star Cards of the second highest level. I think every wednesday has double exp right now.
I'll have to check it out. Thank you.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Damm I wonder those of us who paid for base game will get any free credits when this releases. It's almost worth it just to buy this version for the costumes they give out.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I just want to say for those who are joining or are new to BF2, give co-op mode a shot first. In a few matches you'll be able to considerably level up your favorite class and hero at a faster rate, which means you'll have a fitting chance in competitive modes with better star cards and weapons. And you'll have fun and time to master some of the heroes abilities *remember, blocking i.

Last edited:

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they are spending time and dev resources on making two BB Unit heroes when we've been using the same 12 blasters (3 per class) since launch with 24 extra blasters being locked up as statistically identically faction-locked starter weapons for each class.