• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
This is the result of a transporter accident between Trek & Rick and Morty. What you are feeling now is what Janeway felt when Tuvix came out.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
This is pretty Final Space but that show got carried by its serialized main storyline. Not sure if there's any to be had here.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
How do people feel about the TNG Lower Decks episode? I remember liking it and wish we had more of those characters like with Master and Commander and we got better picture of the whole crew.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like fun. Might tempt me to sub for a month when it's out. Shoot, I enjoyed The Orville well enough.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Eh, I don't know if I agree with that given the "quality" of Discovery and Picard.

Anything they do with the franchise is fine by me as long as they make good products. So far CBS AA has failed completely at that.
I mean some people enjoy those series and frankly there's something stopping you from ignoring the franchise. There really is no difference here.

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
So many people comparing it to Rick and Morty clearly haven't watched Final Space, which this seems to be identical to. I'll give it a watch as I like Star Trek and enjoyed Final Space, but something about the trailer has made me wary although I can't quite say for sure what.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
There's nudity in this. Who is this for?

Anyways I wish it aped Star Trek the Animated Series like TMNT 2012 did.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
There is so much bad Star Trek out there that more bad Star Trek can't taint the franchise at this point. If this is bad oh well

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
i mean it looks better than the PREVIOUS star trek animated stuff =|
Star Trek TAS is GOAT tho. Unless there was another animated series I missed lol.
I mean, technically, it looks smoother, but it's also a very different show, where this is focused on comedy, and I think that could be decent too. Trek should have more diverse content. But I'm really hoping that Pike spinoff hits that classic Trek flavor.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
So much negativity in this thread.

I think it looks okay, some funny moments in there. I'm really enjoying this new phase of Star Trek. Discovery is great, Picard is great.

Now I just need a HD remaster of DS9 (I know it will never happen).

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
That was entirely inoffensive and people still find reasons to hate on it. It was announced as an animated Star Trek comedy and that's exactly what we are getting just a lot more charming and visually interesting than expected.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
i mean it looks better than the PREVIOUS star trek animated stuff =|
Star Trek The Animated Series is amazing though.

I hadn't seen anything on this since it was announced and was hoping it was a show I could watch with my kids. Seeing all the violence and nudity I guess not. Also I despise Rick and Morty style humor so I'm out. I'll continue ignoring new Trek.

Oct 31, 2017
Star Trek The Animated Series is amazing though.

I hadn't seen anything on this since it was announced and was hoping it was a show I could watch with my kids. Seeing all the violence and nudity I guess not. Also I despise Rick and Morty style humor so I'm out. I'll continue ignoring new Trek.

They are making a Trek toon for all ages focused on cadets that will be on Nickelodeon

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trailers for comedy movies and shows have a real notable track record of being horrible representations of what they're advertising, so I won't completely write this off, but still...oof.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
It's really weird to me that this is actually set in the proper star trek universe.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Star Trek franchise is.....so ridiculously mismanaged. I'm sure there are people who will enjoy this and more power to them but I'm just so disheartened. When they announced Picard the warnings were there but I wanted to believe that was going to see my wish for a quality continuation but it just wasn't meant to be.

I'm certainly not entitled to get what i want out of the franchise and that's fine but I can't help but express my disappointment everytime CBS puts more money into Trek' and misses the mark.
It's not that they don't know what to do, it's just that it can't be expected from a corporation to produce a show about a space communism that works
At least Discovery is enjoyable even tho it severely reduced its ideological core for the above mentioned reason

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
It's really weird to me that this is actually set in the proper star trek universe.

There is nothing in the trailer that feels out of place in the Star Trek universe. I could make a supercut of ridiculous, stupid Star Trek moments that would make Lower Decks seem like the most grounded Star Trek series in comparison.