• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
The 1000000 shipped logo always looked like the BD fairy but I always put it on OT beeing made by the BD team and them beeing proud of their roots

I will be there day one for BD Switch remakes

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
They released everything they had and could run. I don't know how that is bad really.
I agree with your larger point but this really isn't true. Off the top of my head FFXII, FFXIV and Secret of Mana were 3 recent or ongoing releases that Switch could've run but didn't get. SE Europe is also almost entirely absent on the platform.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I know I've seen the answer on Era before, but I can't for the life of me find it:
What does the wording on Square Enix's Business Division 11 logo say?
15936549_240137163076488_4930792104513232713_o.png

In any case, more Bravely is welcome indeed. Tomoya Asano and his team are brilliant.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I know I've seen the answer on Era before, but I can't for the life of me find it:
What does the wording on Square Enix's Business Division 11 logo say?

In any case, more Bravely is welcome indeed. Tomoya Asano and his team are brilliant.

It's in this very thread. :P "To respond to hopes."

The text in latin reads "Ad Spes Respondere", which could be translated as "To respond to hopes".

DbGlpFhH.jpg

Is that meta and they're actually referring to people hoping for more Bravely stuff, or is that related to a new game? As pointed out earlier, Team Asano been using this avatar on Facebook since last year, so technically not new.

Already appeared in Octopath trailer, so looks like Team Asano logo or something:

Screen_Shot_2018-08-06_at_11.37.28.png

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I would be very interested in the old games getting re-released, I never finished BD1 and haven't played BD2 at all. I imagine they would look quite nice in HD

Echizen

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this means a new game (whether it's Bravely Third or more of an actual spiritual successor). From all the hints taken together, it does seem like that is what's most likely.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like a Bravely Default port that fixes the reptitiveness. Add some new bosses or something.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sure this has been echoed and argued and rebutted and resisted and agreed upon and everything else 50 times over the past six pages, but...

I would LOVE a Bravely Definitive Dual Remaster for Switch with QoL and visual upgrades plus maybe a bonus chapter or something. I'd pre-order that shit so fast.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be OK with 1&2 ports/remakes since I never played 2 despite loving the first game, even that second half didn't bother me as I love those stuff and finding little differences here and there.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I am so fucking ready for Bravely Third or Bravely Collected (that's what I'm calling the 1+2 bundle haha)

Antitype

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's a new game, in a new world, with all fresh locations, rather than a remaster or a sequel that would have us revisit that same world for a 3rd time (2nd time already got boring).

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I hope they stay 3DS exclusive, Switch should get Bravely Default 3 instead of ports, or Bravely Default 1/2 ports with 3 would be nice too, kinda like Bayonetta trilogy on Switch.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Really hoping for something brand new. Bravely series needs to step it's game up big time. Octopath to me did a way better job at bring those old school classic NES/SNES style RPGs to life than Bravely, which I think would serve much better as a more character/narrative driven series taking inspiration more so from the PSX/PS2 era games than the early FFs it originally set out to emulate. Gameplay is on point as is the overall presentation/art, but the writing, scenario, characters and overall story progression leave a lot to be desired.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
I would love a remaster of 1/2 on Switch in anticipation of a 3 coming to the system. Always wanted to play the games and admired the art from afar, but this would get me in.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
More Bravely is good news.

I could see the 3DS games getting a "For the (next) Sequel" treatment with slightly enhanced ports to Switch. They didn't heavily use the second screen so I don't think it would be much of an issue.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Honestly, it kind of just blows my mind that Nintendo had to convince SE that there was a market for BD in the West in the first place. Like, how bad did 4HoL sell that SE thought a spiritual successor to SNES-era FF had no audience here? Damn.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want SE to remake FFVI in the Octopath Traveler engine, and keep the OT battle system.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what those backgrounds would look like at a high resolution

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure what's with the hate on Square Enix here...

They've been there from the start in some capacity and have increased their output as time has gone by.

I am Setsuna, DQ Builders, Lost Sphear, Romancing Saga 2, Spelunker Party!, Octopath Traveller released in the west (and even more in Japan) so far with DQ Builders 2, DQ XI, World Ends With You FR so far announced for the future... that's not poor support. Considering they probably did not expect the Switch to blow up as it has.. it's decent enough.

In theory there's definately more games they could bring over but clearly you need teams availible to do so. I am sure SE got more up there sleeves as this tease clearly shows.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
The best thing about BD were the gorgeous backgrounds and environments (except the dungeons). The art reminded me of PS1 era jrpgs with pre-rendered backgrounds. We need more games dipping into PS1 jrpg nostalgia with modern gameplay features.

Mr G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
If they remaster the games i hope the 3d backgrounds translate good to 2d.
It's one of the things i really liked about the games the towns had great depth with 3d on.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about BD were the gorgeous backgrounds and environments (except the dungeons). The art reminded me of PS1 era jrpgs with pre-rendered backgrounds. We need more games dipping into PS1 jrpg nostalgia with modern gameplay features.
Tokyo RPG Factory has just the games for you!

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, I'm a bit conflicted. On one hand, I already have Bravely Default so a port isn't really necessary, but I think Default + Second in a compilation would be nice on the Switch.

Gin

May 2, 2018
Hoping they can rework the end chapters - so that we do not have to replay it all over once again..

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I hope they do something like have a BD 1+2 Remaster compilation for spring 2019 with some graphical touch ups and maybe some small extra content (like an extra chapter).

Then announce the ongoing development of 3 with a surprise winter 2019/spring 2020 release date. Probably wishful thinking...

One thing for sure, they definitely are trying to hint at something BD related (hopefully it's not just the art book...)

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have set the most exaggerated example but there are numerous ip where there have been downturns in sales of a entry to its sequel and they have continued alive.

Tales of, Metroid, Kirby, Mario Party, God of War, Gears of War...

Such a thing does not have to condemn an ip

Isnt resident evil 6 to 7 had the same huge drop too?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why would they make a Bravely game plus an Octopath sequel? Both games are structured the same way right?

Oct 27, 2017
i hear they are good games but after Octopath I'm burnt out on the formula and it seems like Bravely is more flawed (with the end game repeating like a million times)

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
More positive signs. Nice!

I wonder how they'll work without the second screen. They might just make certain scenes as normal cutscenes. And some of the detailed info on the second screen might need to get put on the single screen. I hope they don't lose the details.
I don't think Bravely makes essential use of the bottom screen. Most of it is just stuff like maps or the battle command window, stuff that can be a semi-transparent overlay on the single screen. I think it would make the transition pretty seamlessly.

Why would they make a Bravely game plus an Octopath sequel? Both games are structured the same way right?
In what way do you mean? Bravely has a pretty traditional RPG structure and story style, whereas Octopath is more non-linear with a vignette style of storytelling.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Wish we knew if they were porting 1 and 2 or not. I was thinking about playing them after Octopath. But I'll wait if they are coming to switch