• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SQUARE ENIX IS NOT THE LAW
tenor.gif

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand the obssesion with trophies and achievements,i never gave a fuck about them.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Square Enix loves to do stupid things, which is why this doesn't surprise me at all. Devs and Pubs underestimate how much a few new trophies/achievements can do to make extra content more enticing to play.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
General policies are indeed why this defaults to Sony. Also YoshiP's voice chat regulation appears to have been lifted now for other genres so maybe FFXIV Xbox is coming?
That link i gave you was from end of june, I doubt it because it still seems like it's a issue.

Minecraft is a MS game. That alone doesn't invalidate what YoshiP said.

The guy has been saying for years who is at fault. If it wasn't the case we would know by now.
Pretty much and him reconfirming it a month ago is pretty telling imo.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Minecraft is a MS game. That alone doesn't invalidate what YoshiP said.

The guy has been saying for years who is at fault. If it wasn't the case we would know by now.

If the server thing was still an issue, I'm pretty sure he would've said as much again.

This is the most recent list of MS regulations that are causing a hold-up:

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
The law feels the same way about not having trophies in a game as the Garleans feel about summoning primals 😁

OP
OP
mogster7777

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
All jokes aside I love trophies. Its the reason I hardly buy Switch games and would certainly not in a million years ever buy a game on Switch if it was out on PS4 as well.

But I also love FFXIV so I'm pretty mad there are no trophies to 100+ hours of content with all the expansions to one of my fave games.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
That link i gave you was from end of june, I doubt it because it still seems like it's a issue.
He said it was an issue for non-fps (although he must've meant tps since he was obviously referencing Fortnite and Smite). But now we have non-shooters having crossplay voice chat so it's clearly changing for MS.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
He said it was an issue for non-fps (although he must've meant tps since he was obviously referencing Fortnite and Smite). But now we have non-shooters having crossplay voice chat so it's clearly changing for MS.

Honestly the biggest issue is that Crossplay games on Xbox need to have the option to disable Crossplay which is possible on Xbox on a system level.

Kurtofan

Oct 28, 2017
dark souls 3 didn't have trophies for its dlc as well. I'm not a fan of additional content dlc because it makes the bar not full.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
It definitely isnt mandatory, and hasn't been for quite awhile (probably since the beginning)

I agree though, not even adding them for competing the main quests or something is kinda lame

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is an in-game achievement system that actually adds value to the game by allowing you to purchase items with the points. There is absolutely no need for Trophies on top of that.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly the biggest issue is that Crossplay games on Xbox need to have the option to disable Crossplay which is possible on Xbox on a system level.
It's not in some games though. Minecraft and Sea of Thieves at least, even with parental controls, don't know if there are others? Both use XBL though so perhaps it's still an issue for outside networks?

This also wouldn't be an issue for Switch.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It's not in some games though. Minecraft and Sea of Thieves at least, even with parental controls, don't know if there are others? Both use XBL though so perhaps it's still an issue for outside networks?

This also wouldn't be an issue for Switch.

Both use XBL and Sea of Thieves was a temp thing. Minecraft is probably just generally self-regulated.

In terms of Switch, I wouldn't be shocked if they're hesitant due to the PS5. Once the PS5 comes out which will naturally have it's version of FF14, the lifespan of the PS4 with the game officially begins counting down. So they probably don't want to add the Switch and then one expansion later drop support for it.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I had the same thought yesterday. Closed Shadowbringers and saw my last trophy for the game is from 3 or 4 years ago for finishing 100 (?) Guildhests. They could at least have added like 10 achievments for major milestones for each expansion (like Aether Currents, beat the MSQ, beat an EX trial...).

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I refuse to believe that anyone actually cares about trophies this much.

They do, it's very odd to me.
It's like, 90% of them aren't an achievement at all and get thrown at you like a primary school teacher giving out yellow star stickers.

I understand people like them, I don't understand people avoiding purchases or getting mad when games don't have it or complaining.
JFC play the game, if achievements are that easy to please you then make your own up; you don't need a stupid piece of digital content to prove anything.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
By law lmao.....
You have achievements in game which are much much more meaningful than the meaningless trophy system.

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Boy, whoever passed the law that obligates companies to add trophies to paid content must've been a REAL GAMER

Deleted member 36186

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
User warned: "Lazy devs" rhetoric.
Really weird and lazy of them to not include the trophies, especially since they already have them in-game. Shouldn't be hard to translate them over to pan trophies.

Sad that so many people are ignoring a valid issue just because OP said "by law".
And it's fine if you don't care about trophies, but some people do and it's only understandable and fair that they expect them from an expansion like this.

KnightOwl

Oct 25, 2017
The game literally has its own built in achievement system, there is no need for trophies honestly.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
It annoys me too tbf. I got my first trophy in 5 years in it the other day by finally finishing the binding coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.