• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I see your issue. You didn't read the entirety of the paragraph. Let me quote it for you since you still seem to be struggling.

IDK why you don't consider all of the technical upgrades good, but hey that's your deal
My friend, you have an extremely low bar when it comes to new content.

rahzel

Oct 27, 2017
So where are the other new contents (and please don't say more NPCs and "next gen Peter Parker") and when exactly can I buy the standalone version of the remaster?
Have you seen the differences in the remastered version? Are you REALLY not interested in MM?

I mean offering a pay upgrade path for Spider-Man PS4 owners seems like a fair offer that Sony should do. But you seem to be blowing it out of proportion a bit.

Without seeing the differences myself, I don't see this as a greedy move... just par for the course. Having no option to simply upgrade your PS4 without getting the UE kind of sucks, but I can't imagine that there would be many people that own SM PS4 and wouldn't be interested in MM...

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen the differences in the remastered version? Are you REALLY not interested in MM?

I mean offering a pay upgrade path for Spider-Man PS4 owners seems like a fair offer that Sony should do. But you seem to be blowing it out of proportion a bit.

Without seeing the differences myself, I don't see this as a greedy move... just par for the course. Having no option to simply upgrade your PS4 without getting the UE kind of sucks, but I can't imagine that there would be many people that own SM PS4 and wouldn't be interested in MM...
I already explained why I'm not interested in Miles Morales at its current price.

Spider-Man remaster would be something that I would like to give it a try if it had a standalone version and had more actual content in it. As it is, I still might give it a try if they offered an upgrade path to PS4 owners for like $10 with a stand alone version releasing at $15-$20. But making it part of the $70 version of MM is just a greedy move to me that doesn't seem costumer friendly at all.

But if you don't feel this way, then to each their own.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
'Spider-Man Remastered' is a rubbish title when they had such a golden opportunity to call it 'Superior Spider-Man'.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
'Spider-Man Remastered' is a rubbish title when they had such a golden opportunity to call it 'Superior Spider-Man'.

To be fair (insert Letterkenny sequence here), I'd rather see a game called Superior Spider-Man and actually follow that storyline from the comic. I mean, it was an awesome and interesting storyline, and the outcome of that was great.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
My friend, you have an extremely low bar when it comes to new content.
[/QUOTE]

lol so you finally read it? Cuz in your first post you didn't say that the new content was too low, just that there was no new content. It's also down to your personal opinion. Personally, I'm fine with paying $20.00 extra for a PS4 game remaster and extras for Miles Morales. Some people were fine paying $50.00-$60.00 for TLOU remaster a year after release. You are fine with paying $40.00 for DMC V again for a couple of extra modes. You have different standards and that is OK, but your first post was straight up misinformation.

Oct 31, 2017
I would play through the game again and platinum it again, but I'm sick and tired of rebuying the same game with a shinier coat. Did a lot of that on PS3 and I'm done with it.

I can get paying for a remake, but I'm not paying anymore for a remaster unless I never played the original version of the game.

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
You are fine with paying $40.00 for DMC V again for a couple of extra modes.
Yea.... no lol
Whenever I talked about 5SE, I said that I expected it to be barebones and typical stuff. My list had:

- Lady, Trish, Vergil playable in vanilla missions
- Turbo
- LDK
- A couple of costumes
- Proper Co-op
- Divergence mode (Both this and proper Co-op are already partially done/coded in vanilla release)

So basically 4SE + Co-op and Divergence (which was partially in 4SE as well).

But in reality Capcom is just doing:
- Vergil
- Turbo
- LDK

giphy.gif
When I brought up DMC5SE, it wasn't me saying that's a good remaster/worth its price. It was to say that even though 5SE isn't worth the price, Spider-Man Remaster is even worse than that.

And yea, I understand that other people might want to give $70 for RTX alone (even without considering the other "contents") and everyone has a different opinion and preference when it comes to these things, but when I made my initial post, I was obviously sharing my opinion on the situation and how I feel about it, not how others should feel about this.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I think as of now it's only available through Mile Morales Ultimate Edition which means if you want Spider-Man Remastered you need to pay $70.

I think $50 for Miles Morales is too much (let alone $70) since I expect this to be pretty small in terms of scope and content available in the game (expecting First Light level of contents for Miles Morales). So I'll be waiting for it to go on sale and get it when it's $30 or somewhere around that price.
This is still kinda word gymnastics with how your phrased it though. Spider-man remaster is not $70, it's actually $20, because it's part of a $50 game package. I find it extremely rare that anyone interested in either of these games wouldn't want the brand new Miles to play. That may be where you're coming from, but its likely not close to anyone's preference.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Realistically, how much work has to be put in this game to look as good as they say it does now?

And, also, what are the differences between PS4-version "boost mode" and PS5 remaster, in terms of performance and visual fidelity?

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
I understand that Spider-Man is a weird case, but I really hope games that end up cross gen support cross/cloud saves, share a trophy list and progress etc. it was so annoying going from PS4 to PS3 and seeing cases like Ōkami HD which shared a trophy list and progress but couldn't carry over your save, and Borderlands which could carry your saved but had a separate trophy list on PS4, or even games that had separate lists on PS3, Vita, and PS4.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to clarify if there is an upgrade path and if it will cost the same as the UE price difference.
I'd be surprised if they don't sell a standalone digital version of the remaster on psn for those that don't want to buy both at the same time.

I'd say they're kind of in the middle on the upgrade thing since while they aren't doing the free update for the original Spider-Man remaster which is an older game they're going back and doing seemingly big remaster work on they are actually doing the free update path for Miles Morales for those that still end up buying the PS4 version first.

Last edited:

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
I'm fine with paying extra for this. The amount of work they've put into is greater than many remasters this gen.

Overhauled graphics, LoDs, and density? Sign me the fuck up.

Makes me think Naughty Dog will go all out with TLoUPII as well. Which has me super excited. (Was worrried it would be just a res/FPS boost with cutscene models in gameplay)

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Yea.... no lol

When I brought up DMC5SE, it wasn't me saying that's a good remaster/worth its price. It was to say that even though 5SE isn't worth the price, Spider-Man Remaster is even worse than that.

And yea, I understand that other people might want to give $70 for RTX alone (even without considering the other "contents") and everyone has a different opinion and preference when it comes to these things, but when I made my initial post, I was obviously sharing my opinion on the situation and how I feel about it, not how others should feel about this.

I'm fine with you having and sharing your opinion, but just like in this post above you have not been stating facts and have been misleading because you are upset at the game being bundled. You are upping that cost of Spider-Man remastered to $70.00 seemingly just to make DMCVSE not seem like a crappy deal. It's not $70.00 for the remaster, it is $70.00 for the special edition of the Miles Morales game which comes with other extras than just Spider-Man PS4 Remastered. You said it doesn't come with new features, but it literally does. You also dull down all of the technical enhancements to better reflections.

I get it, you're upset, but don't act like you don't know what you are doing. I'm not sure what you really want from this remaster besides for it to not exist. You can still play Spider-Man PS4 on the PS5 and get some enhancements, just not the remastered version. I understand if people are frustrated by the lack of communication about whether or not Spider-Man PS4 Remastered is exclusive to the bundle and how PS4 enhancements work for backwards compatibility. But we have Insomniac devs on this forum, in this thread, answering things when they can (which they've been doing since Spidey PS4). I'm guessing sometime between two days from the first announcement and actual launch we will get more information on both of those things from them/Sony.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just saw the gameplay trailer and I'm blown away. This is the first time I've seen a game which looks as good as it's cutscenes. The gameplay also looks superb.

This game is 100% on my radar.

dreamobserver

Oct 27, 2017
just realized if Insomniac is having us pay for this remaster, most definitely we won't get 60 FPS on TLOU2 because it's locked at 30 on Pro, right?

unless Naughty Dog decided to make a PS5 patch free.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
The tone of this thread is so remarkably different than the thread about Control. It is the same scenario, so if you felt that 505 was in the wrong but don't have a problem with this, you should seriously examine your thinking.
I don't have any issue with people being upset over this as it's understandable, but trying to equate what's going on in this situation to be the same thing as what happened with Control is wrong. Both have similarities in the fact that people want upgrades to current games that they own, but the details are different here.

For starters, 505 promoted their upcoming DLC while knowing they were going to create another SKU just days later and got people to jump on board before giving them the finger and telling them days later that they were ineligible of an upgrade after doing so. Sony isn't doing anything like that here with Spider-Man.

Second, 505 created a completely different SKU in pretty much name only and arbitrarily divided people who bought the same content on the same platform while only giving some people the free upgrade. Sony isn't doing that here either. For it to be the same situation, Sony would have to be offering the Remastered version to some PS4 owners but not others.

So I don't think it's fair to equate the two situations as the same. There's reason for someone to be upset with one, but not the other. Everyone who wants the Remastered version has to pay for it, not just some people. This is more in line with The Last of Us Remastered being released on PS4 than what happened with Control.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
If the previous rumors are to be believed (and I have no idea how credible they were) about a Bloodborne PS5 "remaster", I'm guessing it'll be along these lines as well -- buy the entire game again to play with enhancements. Of course I could be wrong, and it sure would be nice if Sony implemented an enhanced BC program that gave us cool benefits for free, but this is an early indication of the opposite.

I know people have said "Arrogant Sony is back", and I hate when people make sweeping generalizations, but damn.....

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I wish they'd at least offer like a $10 upgrade for current owners. I would love to replay it...but I don't really want to rebuy it.

deadmonkeyuk

Oct 27, 2017
Highlands, Scotland
just realized if Insomniac is having us pay for this remaster, most definitely we won't get 60 FPS on TLOU2 because it's locked at 30 on Pro, right?

unless Naughty Dog decided to make a PS5 patch free.
I doubt ND have much of a say if they release a free PS5 patch. It will be what Sony wants them to offer.

I am thinking the LOU2 remastered version will be sold with the expanded multiplayer they are working on.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I think the PS Plus benefits for PS5 are meant to be a kind of peace offering for paying for remasters, but people will value that stuff differently of course.

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with you having and sharing your opinion, but just like in this post above you have not been stating facts and have been misleading because you are upset at the game being bundled. You are upping that cost of Spider-Man remastered to $70.00 seemingly just to make DMCVSE not seem like a crappy deal. It's not $70.00 for the remaster, it is $70.00 for the special edition of the Miles Morales game which comes with other extras than just Spider-Man PS4 Remastered. You said it doesn't come with new features, but it literally does. You also dull down all of the technical enhancements to better reflections.

I get it, you're upset, but don't act like you don't know what you are doing. I'm not sure what you really want from this remaster besides for it to not exist. You can still play Spider-Man PS4 on the PS5 and get some enhancements, just not the remastered version. I understand if people are frustrated by the lack of communication about whether or not Spider-Man PS4 Remastered is exclusive to the bundle and how PS4 enhancements work for backwards compatibility. But we have Insomniac devs on this forum, in this thread, answering things when they can (which they've been doing since Spidey PS4). I'm guessing sometime between two days from the first announcement and actual launch we will get more information on both of those things from them/Sony.
Why do you keep thinking that I'm trying to somehow promote 5SE here? lol

Let me make it clear, if you are a DMC5 owner and you are reading this, please consider not supporting Capcom's lackluster approach to 5SE. Even if you are interested in LDK and Turbo mode, selling those at $40 is (imo) a very bad deal so if you want my opinion, please just wait a little while for the game to go on sale and then get it. I think we as the DMC community deserve better treatment than what Capcom is offering with 5SE. At the end of the day, it's your money and your decision, so this is just my opinion.

So now that hopefully that's out of the way, let's get back to Spider-Man. You are saying that I'm making it up that Spider-Man Remaster costs $70 atm, so please answer this question for me. How much do I have to pay to play Spider-Man Remaster on PS5? Please don't talk about what ifs, or about what else is coming with it. It's a simple question. I'm only interested in Spider-Man Remaster, right now how much do I have to pay to get it?

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
It's easy to compare as they are both different. MS update the game but it doesn't add new costumes, achievement etc. You will just get a framerate boost.

This is a whole new game.

Only thing new besides graphical updates is the costumes. Unless I'm missing something. Is there new content?

King of Cups

Oct 27, 2017
oh ok, show it then dammit. let me see how large an upgrade it is
This is where I'm at. I'm one of those silly people that hasn't owned a PS4 in a few years, and I have been so excited to finally play some of the PS4 games I missed out on with some enhancements that I purchased them ahead of this launch. It's...disappointing.

Last edited:

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
So now that hopefully that's out of the way, let's get back to Spider-Man. You are saying that I'm making it up that Spider-Man Remaster costs $70 atm, so please answer this question for me. How much do I have to pay to play Spider-Man Remaster on PS5? Please don't talk about what ifs, or about what else is coming with it. It's a simple question. I'm only interested in Spider-Man Remaster, right now how much do I have to pay to get it?

Let's be rational and reasonable here. They didn't just work on and create a Spider-Man Remastered for the PS5 that has it's complete own trophy list only to lock it behind MM. They're going to sell it as a stand alone game, likely digital only on PSN, and it just simply hasn't officially been announced what that price point will be.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
They haven't said it won't be available stand-alone. It might be, after a while. And, if you've played Spider-Man on PS4, and loved it, why would you not want to play Spider-Man: Miles Morales?

Edit: You're also severely misrepresenting the updates they did. They added RayTracing, upgraded models, added DualSense functionality, 3D Audio, and more.
All of the updates you've just listed were being done for Miles so unless you're going to say Miles wouldn't have come out without the remaster being worked on the updates aren't that significant.

If Miles as a game didn't exist the remaster would look less like an easy money grab but as it stands, everything they've updated in the original is work that was going to be done to get Miles Spiderman looking like a PS5 game and that includes raytracing, upgraded models, Dualsense support and 3D audio.

And this upgraded Spider-Man wasn't planned at all? Either way I'm done discussing this with a corp bootlicker like you.
You're wasting your time with platocplx. He thought Sony was doing crossgen games as a way to thank all the loyal PlayStation 4 users. He's in too deep I'm afraid.

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be rational and reasonable here. They didn't just work on and create a Spider-Man Remastered for the PS5 that has it's complete own trophy list only to lock it behind MM. They're going to sell it as a stand alone game, likely digital only on PSN, and it just simply hasn't officially been announced what that price point will be.
And whenever that happens, I'll say Spider-Man Remaster costs "$XX". Right now, you can only get it if you pay $70.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Why do you keep thinking that I'm trying to somehow promote 5SE here? lol

Let me make it clear, if you are a DMC5 owner and you are reading this, please consider not supporting Capcom's lackluster approach to 5SE. Even if you are interested in LDK and Turbo mode, selling those at $40 is (imo) a very bad deal so if you want my opinion, please just wait a little while for the game to go on sale and then get it. I think we as the DMC community deserve better treatment than what Capcom is offering with 5SE. At the end of the day, it's your money and your decision, so this is just my opinion.

I never said you were promoting DMC, you were using it as an invalid comparison by inflating the the cost of the Remaster.

Please show me where Spider-Man PS4 remastered is listed for $70. I'll be waiting ;)

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
I never said you were promoting DMC, you were using it as an invalid comparison by inflating the the cost of the Remaster.

Please show me where Spider-Man PS4 remastered is listed for $70. I'll be waiting ;)
So you are gonna avoid admitting that the only way to get Spider-Man Remaster atm is to pay $70. Okay then, I think I made my point.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I understand that Spider-Man is a weird case, but I really hope games that end up cross gen support cross/cloud saves, share a trophy list and progress etc. it was so annoying going from PS4 to PS3 and seeing cases like Ōkami HD which shared a trophy list and progress but couldn't carry over your save, and Borderlands which could carry your saved but had a separate trophy list on PS4, or even games that had separate lists on PS3, Vita, and PS4.

I think for the most part they give a new trophy list to actually make people who trophy hunt more likely to buy the game again to get double the trophies

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
So you are gonna avoid admitting that the only way to get Spider-Man Remaster atm is to pay $70. Okay then, I think I made my point.

Spider-Man PS4 Remaster has not been announced as a standalone title. Saying it costs $70 is factually wrong. You literally delete and do not respond to parts of my posts. Your point is plugging your ears and saying the remaster $70.00 and you're the only one doing it.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
I have preordered the standard version. I play games for the story/experience.

Even if it was free I wouldn't rush out to play the first game again just because a few shadow textures and character models have been updated. I'm more than content with the basic version of the new game.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Spider-Man PS4 Remaster has not been announced as a standalone title. Saying it costs $70 is factually wrong. You literally delete and do not respond to parts of my posts. Your point is plugging your ears and saying the remaster $70.00 and you're the only one doing it.
waste of time lol
I have preordered the standard version. I play games for the story/experience.

Even if it was free I wouldn't rush out to play the first game again just because a few shadow textures and character models have been updated. I'm more than content with the basic version of the new game.
look at you being reasonable.

Oct 25, 2017
sounds good. Glad I held off on buying it on PS4

but I know Sony is gonna do me dirty on Last ofUS 2 and I'm gonna fucking be mad about that.

Son of Sparda

Oct 25, 2017
It's really not that difficult to understand. If you want Mile Morales, you have two options to pre-order the game atm:
  • $50 if you are only interested in MM
  • $70 if you want MM and Spider-Man remaster (or the other stuff that comes with DE)
Now if you are interested in pre-ordering Spider-Man Remaster you have the option to:
  • Pay $70 to pre-order both MM and Spider-Man Remaster
Regardless of your feelings about MM, this is literally the only option available for pre-ordering Spider-Man Remaster atm.

Now you are saying that I'm wrong, so please show me where is the option for pre-ordering Spider-Man Remaster without paying $70.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
It's really not that difficult to understand. If you want Mile Morales, you have two options to pre-order the game atm:
  • $50 if you are only interested in MM
  • $70 if you want MM and Spider-Man remaster (or the other stuff that comes with DE)
Now if you are interested in pre-ordering Spider-Man Remaster you have the option to:
  • Pay $70 to pre-order both MM and Spider-Man Remaster
Regardless of your feeling about MM, this is literally the only option available for pre-ordering Spider-Man Remaster.

Now you are saying that I'm wrong, so please show me where is the option for pre-ordering Spider-Man Remaster without paying $70.

How do you plan to preorder a digital PS5 game without a PS5? How do you preorder a digital copy of MM on PS5?

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
my main issue is that Spider-Man Remastered hasn't been listed individually yet.

but I don't really understand the argument that all remasters should be free for people who bought the previous version. is that true in literally any other medium? if I bought Blade Runner 1080p on iTunes, do I get a free upgrade to the 4K remaster? if I bought Purple Rain on iTunes, do I get a free upgrade to the new remaster? remasters, especially ones that are as thorough as this one seemingly is, take a lot of time and development resources. why would they give that away for free?

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Wish they would just say if the remaster will release at retail or not.