• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Electro can control electricity. The others are just crazy dudes with gadgets, but Electricity is pretty op.

Sandman would be op too, if they weren't on an island, like he should probably move.
It would be no effort from Strange to body Electro at all, probably a Monday morning for him.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since I've played it but wasn't that due to the plot shifting to Mr Negative and then suddenly back to Doc Ock at the end, making that whole segment feel a little disjointed.
Nope, setup was fine, its just a very easy fight that doesnt really require all that much skill to clear. Its very simple and straight forward in execution and is missing some hype mid battle QTE/cutscenes to really sell the epicness of the fight. Its a perfectly OK fight in its own right (certainly plays well enough) but its just a bit lacking in terms of a final boss fight.
Then again, I remember the Spidey 2 (movie) final battle against Ock, and I can definitely say the PS4 battle improved 100 fold over that fight.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Always makes me think back and laugh about that one dude that said Spidey is a niche character.
Its been a couple of years since that comment, I forget if it was made in jest or if they seriously believed it. Either way, definitely funny.

Also, weren't there detractors around about the release of the first Spidey MCU movie that believed he was damaged goods and there would be noticeably less hype for Spidey movies after ASM2? Feels like that was so long ago now, this is probably going to be one of the most hyped MCU movies yet.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's honestly been less a problem with the MCU Peter than it was the Amazing Spider-Man movies, at least we're getting JJJ now, didn't even get him or The Bugle in the Garfield flicks.

I mean, for all the faults of the Amazing films they at least put way more emphasis on both Gwen and George Stacy's impact on Peter.

Damn near all of MCU Pete's character-building moments came from him having heart-to-hearts with Tony and Happy. Not Ned, who they desperately wanted to jack Miles' friendship with Ganke for but then proceeded to barely do anything with him, or Aunt May.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Its been a couple of years since that comment, I forget if it was made in jest or if they seriously believed it. Either way, definitely funny.

Also, weren't there detractors around about the release of the first Spidey MCU movie that believed he was damaged goods and there would be noticeably less hype for Spidey movies after ASM2? Feels like that was so long ago now, this is probably going to be one of the most hyped MCU movies yet.

Oh, that was a serious comment. I believe the context was that the new Tomb Raider game wouldn't have to worry about competition from Spider-Man because Spider-Man is niche and Tomb Raider has more mainstream appeal.

lol

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit surprised that there's people theorizing (not here specifically) that this movie is how Sony gets Spider-Man out of the MCU, he still has to show up in one more MCU film lol

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'm legit surprised that there's people theorizing (not here specifically) that this movie is how Sony gets Spider-Man out of the MCU, he still has to show up in one more MCU film lol
Sony make me nervous man. With their SPUMC or whatever they're calling it now. I don't trust them an inch.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Imagine the idea is that, between this, Loki, and Doctor Strange, the mechanics of him either leaving or hopping back and forth are being established here.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I'm rewatching Spidey 2 this morning. I forgot how insane that scene of Otto waking up is LOL. I'm looking forward to Raimi's madness in Dr Strange, I hope he doesn't tone it down.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I totally forgot about the Evil Dead chainsaw callback lol.

Are you suggesting that Spider-Man will actually have a way home? That the film's title is a flagrant lie? I don't like having my feelings toyed with like this.
My guess, Holland Spidey will not find his way home at the end of this movie. He'll be back to MCU in Multiverse of Madness, and will show up in one of Sony movies Venom, Morbius, or Kraken etc to tell what Holland is doing in between No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness

Last edited:

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

Yes, Spider-Man is contractually obligated to appear in one more MCU film... But they never specified which Spider-Man tho'. 😏

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Yes, Spider-Man is contractually obligated to appear in one more MCU film... But they never specified which Spider-Man tho'. 😏

Tobey fully taking over, Raimi back to directing a spider-man movie. Let's get it! 😆

Edit:

So basically, Sylvie created the multiverse, Wanda felt it and Strange opened it.

Last edited:

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
E9hdZKTVgAIuv38

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
My guess, Holland Spidey will not find his way home at the end of this movie. He'll be back to MCU in Multiverse of Madness, and will show up in one of Sony movies Venom, Morbius, or Kraken etc to tell what Holland is doing in between No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness
I dont remember if I posted something similar but it's my thought too. NWH is like "part1" of the Spidey x Dr. Strange films. It's possible by the end of NWH, all 3 Spideys get sent "back" where Holland Spidey accidentally is too to another Universe.

LOKI spoiler:
similar to when Loki got sent to a different Universe.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Got legit goosebumps and really fucking want to see this. But it would just be so reckless and irresponsible of me to go to a theater and risk getting and spreading COVID. Ugh, wish everyone would get vaccinated already.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
That line of Strange's where he says "Be careful what you wish for, Parker." is weird to me. He sounds very menacing lol.

I wonder if some things are decoy scenes in the trailer to throw us off. It is odd that Strange is all "hell yeah bro let's get you back to separate identities let's go wipe some memories" but then emphatically lectures Peter that "the problem is you're trying to live two lives!" Obviously we're missing a ton as this is just a trailer but my curiosity on how they're gonna handle the strange shit is growing lol.

I don't think I've been this excited for a movie since Endgame.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
I've read that the "No Way Home" tag has more to do with the villains not being able to go back to their universe.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
It's easy to forget how huge Spider-Man is in the age of Avengers films making $2b and $3b. But damn, Spider-Man is huge.

Like I said earlier, I think this would be a $1.5b box office if not for COVID. Such a shame it's not going to be able to reach the levels it would have otherwise.
honestly I just get happy seeing whenever MCU properties' breakdown/analysis videos are trending. I kinda hated Loki the tv show, but I always liked seeing how New Rockstars' videos were trending in the top 5 breaking down each video, sometimes I think it even went #1.

as for NwH's box office potential, I think barring a covid world this movie could have had the potential to do Titanic numbers

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Chances of a Miles Morales in this? Or will we see him in a movie later down the road when Tom Holland is done?

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a long time since I've watched Spiderman 2, and that fight doesn't hold up as impressive to me anymore at all.

I think the impressive part to me is how clear the action is along with some great dynamic fight choreography between the two of them that fully utilizes their strengths, weaknesses, and the setting to its fullest extent. No moment feels wasted and it all flows together perfectly.

Not sure I can recall another superhero fight scene as perfectly constructed as this one.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
It's been a long time since I've watched Spiderman 2, and that fight doesn't hold up as impressive to me anymore at all.
I'd say the opposite. It's still an exemplary sequence that is built on action-->reaction that can't just be cut up in the editing room and re-served in any order.

Any number of hero/villain fights out there that feel like a mishmash of isolated bits that don't carry monentum.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
I'm hard-pressed to think of any superhero fight that has matched this tbh

The only issue I have with that fight is that Pete lands 4 clean hits to Ock's head right at the start - like, that's it, the fight should be OVER. I don't care if he's "pulling his punches" - a guy who can bench press a mac truck ringing the bell of a middle age scientist wins that fight in the first 3 seconds. Any fight with Ock should make him nigh-untouchable, but Spidey just needs to connect that one good hit to win.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the impressive part to me is how clear the action is along with some great dynamic fight choreography between the two of them that fully utilizes their strengths, weaknesses, and the setting to its fullest extent. No moment feels wasted and it all flows together perfectly.

Not sure I can recall another superhero fight scene as perfectly constructed as this one.

It was definitely great at the time, and I absolutely do like that it's clear and easy to read. But it also very clearly shows its age (the trouble with CG), and there are numerous superhero action scenes I prefer since (those too will likely age poorly due to CG).

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The only issue I have with that fight is that Pete lands 4 clean hits to Ock's head right at the start - like, that's it, the fight should be OVER. I don't care if he's "pulling his punches" - a guy who can bench press a mac truck ringing the bell of a middle age scientist wins that fight in the first 3 seconds. Any fight with Ock should make him nigh-untouchable, but Spidey just needs to connect that one good hit to win.

Dude was in a coma and the arms were still controlling him and able to kill all the doctors, what the fuck is your argument there ?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is Doc Ock possibly a good guy in this one? If he's literally ripped from the end of his film as he's dying, then he's reformed right?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Yes, except then there would be no movie.

So...

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
It was definitely great at the time, and I absolutely do like that it's clear and easy to read. But it also very clearly shows its age (the trouble with CG), and there are numerous superhero action scenes I prefer since (those too will likely age poorly due to CG).

They already all look obviously cg if you think of mcu movie fights or other superhero movies. Spider-Man 2 still shits on most of them.