• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Don't forget to grab your free tickets for a showing this Saturday

fertsss78i2l.png

Last edited:

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
2018 was such a killer year for Spider-Man man.

I expect this to be good as hell because lord and miller and I'm also petty that I want it to make more than solo lol.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
People really do forget how good Spiderman 2 is at times.

The impressive here, albeit only a handful, sound promising though.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
To say what I said in the othe thread:
Early impressions don't mean a whole lot, especially when I've only seen like 6, but the fact it's being compared to Spider-Man 2 certainly ain't a bad thing.

Not gonna guess a RT score cause
1.) I don't care enough to and
2.) I'm shit at even trying.
But really I'm gonna see it no matter how it reviews. I simply hope it gets good ratings so that maybe it won't have the worst opening a Spider-Man film has ever had by a wide margin.

And don't worry too much about the duplicate, OP. I for one ain't gonna complain.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Damn! Gonna check when it premieres here and hopefully there'll be Eng audio subbed screenings.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Spiderman 2 GOAT marvel movie tbh, i dont expect much if anything to top it any more. But I got high hopes for this being possibly my favorite spidey flick since it came out

The trailers have a lot of charm. And I like the small glimpses of Miles and his family. Plus adult Parker is long overdue

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At the end of Venom my friend was complaining about the clip they had from Spider-Verse at the end about how "choppy the frame rate" was.

Almost slapped him upside the noggin.

Been looking forward to this beautiful movie for a long time.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still going with my headcanon that the Peter Parker portrayed in this is really Sam Raimi's years after SM3.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy this is getting amazing reviews This will probably end up being my favorite Spider-Man film if it's as good as they say it is.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe we're getting Spider-Ham. Played by John Mulaney. That is fucking buck wild. I can't wait for this.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I'm still going with my headcanon that the Peter Parker portrayed in this is really Sam Raimi's years after SM3.

There was a throwaway gag in the Spider Verse crossover a couple years ago that indicated that both the Maguire Spidey, the Andrew Garfield spidey, and the Broadway Spidey from "turn off the dark" were all running around and involved in that event

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the amazing internet hype will help this movie a lot.

People just couldn't seem to wrap their heads around an animated Spider-Man movie being Amazing and Superior to live action Spider-Man.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Are we really shitting up another thread with this
I haven't been in off-topic in a while but does every thread about superhero movies devolve into pissing matches? If so I might avoid discussion about them outside of OTs/community threads
It's possible to like both Raimi's and the MCU version of Spider-Man, I know, shocking
Anyway, looks like my "third-highest rated Spider-Man movie" prediction was wrong! Can't wait to see it Saturday with my free PS+ screening, and again on the official release date in 3D (or Dolby, haven't decided yet)
Spider-Man fans are eating GOOD this year
tenor.gif

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
I do wonder if this movie will push more 3D animation studios to be more experimental rather than keeping with the current trend of 'realistic' 3DCG movies. Chances are low but I do hope at least one the other big studios try something new.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm more excited for this than I was for any other movie this year, the trailers have been a blast all on their own.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting ever since April 22 2015 for this movie. Ever since they announced that Lord and Miller would do an animated Spider-Man movie for the big screen I've been excited beyond anything else. And this long wait is paying off big time, which makes me relieved and so happy. This 3.5 year wait is culminating in just about 2 weeks for me. Here's hoping it'll give Black Panther a challenge for best comic book movie of the year for me.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent. This is yet another movie I probably would've waited until dvd or Netflix to see, but that A-List life changes everything.