• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
We're 2 weeks to release. I saw a lot of people choosing to buy Spidey in my thread about big September and October games. So, is this a day one for you?

Last edited:

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Already preordered. Cannot wait!

I'm planning to platinum it. It should keep me occupied until RDR2 comes out.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Day one and a wonderful birthday present for me. I'm so excited for it, I really enjoyed what I played at E3 and Insomniac have done an amazing job bringing this game to life.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's been my most anticipated game since the reveal. Can't wait.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Im kinda "eh" on this game. Not sure if I will be hooked on it yet. Graphically the game looks nice but it seems really simple to me.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
The info blowout def pushed more interest in the game for me. It was on my Day 1 cop list.

I might have to see if I can make it out of September without buying, I also have Spyro there too.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I expect it to basically be the Spiderman version of Batman: Arkham City, and I'm fine with that.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Was my most-anticipated prior to E3, but was swept to 2nd place by RE2 Remake.

Still very, very hyped about this game. From what I've seen, Insomniac has pulled off a dream game for me. Can't wait to play it.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty fucking hyped, bro! The game looks amazing, and I can't wait to get to grips with the new swinging system.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm passing on it for now because Dragon Quest XI comes out 3 days before, but I'm sure it'll be great, I trust Insomniac Games.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. Ask me when it's 19 days away. When it was 42 weeks until launch I was hyped, but around the 21 week mark I started to get a bit disenchanted. At 57 days a lot of the news made me interested, but I really can't confirm whether or not I'm going to buy it until we are 184 hours from launch.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
My sister is buying CE version of Spidey and I'll likely buy DQ11 with my money. Win win for both of us. She'll give me the game after she finishes it.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
I only really waiting for Spiderman and Yakuza kiwami 2 . Luckily kiwami 2 will take all my gaming time before September 7th so that will take the mind off the wait

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not at a ohmygodIneeditnow stage yet, but I assume the days leading up to it with reviews coming out is when my hype levels will skyrocket.

kaishek

Oct 30, 2017
Texas
Somewhere a little under Destiny: Forsaken & Dragon Quest XI, but steadily rising after finally watching the open-world gameplay segments.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for it. One of my most anticipated games from the moment it was announced.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Looks great but I'm worried about the combat. I can't stand the combat from the Arkham games anymore, hope this will be different enough.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered several days ago and kicks off a packed Fall/Holiday 2018 for me. Expecting Spider Man to be in my top five for the year and at least a 9.0/10.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Hyped as hell, and desperately hoping the apparently-spoilery-statue doesn't wind up posted somewhere here or on Twitter that I see before playing it... But not enough to actually abandon Era or Twitter.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Collector's Edition pre-ordered and waiting! Insomniac is gonna knock this one outta the park!

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My most anticipated game of the year. He's my favorite super hero and they blew me away with Sunset overdrive so I'm sure they can deliver.

Can't wait and insomniac deserves all the sales they will get.

Oct 25, 2017
Day One. I'm not dying to play right now, but it's definitely a game I want to experience at launch before everything gets spoiled.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
To be specific, I can't wait to get my hands on it. Super hyped! My birthday is literally 2 days after, so its a birthday gift to myself - a huge fan of Spider-Man (and not because my name is Peter, lol).

Have the statue edition pre-ordered and paid off. Will be at the GameStop midnight release. Might even be in partial costume (except the part where they need my ID).

Will likely film my face as I play the beginning, because I'm curious about the shapes it makes when dreams like this become reality :P

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
ybT3yoE.gif

Hype at maximum levels

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Took the day off from work and planning to play it through the weekend. I haven't been this excited for a Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 way back in 2004. :D

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking ready now, I'm expecting this to be my game of the year. I've been meaning to watch Homecoming soon anyway. The only issue is I have to split time between this game and Iron Fist S2 that weekend. Also UFC 228 is that weekend. I'm basically not leaving the house.
giphy.gif

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Have very little interest. Something about Superhero games don't really click with me.

I'll likely pick it up down the road when it's on massive discount. But not till then. Same thing I did with the Arkham games

Status
Not open for further replies.