Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
It's taking place after Endgame so by now people should know about him

Dr. Strange is dead for 90% of the movie I'd bet, and they probably won't be fighting Thanos in Central Park.

Plus, they'd have to mindwipe the entire planet to prevent the mass suicides and religious upheaval that knowledge of the mass deaths/knowledge of the Infinity Gems would cause.

clemenx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Venezuela
Looks ok. Probably carried by charming characters and great acting while having a weak plot.

I can already say that Gyllenhaal is going to be the best marvel villain ever (outside of Thanos) though, that is not a very high bar to clear.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't get over the fact that they made Aunt May so young looking and attractive in this version.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I know this movie will release after Avengers: Endgame, but showing that "everyone's alright" after Endgame before the movie is even out is either a blunder or misdirection.
Of course, everyone's expecting them to simply find a way to undo the events of Infinity War anyway, but the very existence of this movie kind of ruins any bit of tension.
Yeah, it's all bullshit. The snap was very cheap and totally pointless because everyone knew it'd be undone.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Dr. Strange is dead for 90% of the movie I'd bet, and they probably won't be fighting Thanos in Central Park.

Plus, they'd have to mindwipe the entire planet to prevent the mass suicides and religious upheaval that knowledge of the mass deaths/knowledge of the Infinity Gems would cause.
Yeah maybe, maybe not. He's dead at the end of IW btw. So we don't know shit, and he's stayed hidden all this time so he will probably stay hidden. I think and hope that most of the action in endgame won't be on earth.
Even if he doesn't appear on the news, his existence could become public via social media or the news, wherever it is the showdown with Thanos takes place

iamsgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
seems like there's so many enemies in this movie. also is Mysterio supposed to be a hero in this one?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
lol? Because people on enthusiast forums are... enthusiasts? I bet if I watched this trailer, my stupid brain would keep reminding me "Oh so and so 100% live so don't worry about whatever scene they're in in Avengers 4".

Also... trailers nowadays are generally spoilery. I loved IW but I think a few moments were lost due to trailers showing Caps reveal, the Wakanda battle (ie plot progression/direction) etc.

ps I get the impression you thought I was saying I hope Thanos wins or that I wanted half the universe to stay erased?? Not sure why but obviously the Avengers will win, the real point of intrigue will be the consequences and timelapse, eg T'Challa returning to Wakanda and discovering Shuri or M'Baku is the new Black Panther and has been for like 5 years or whatever.

I'm really perplexed you can't agree that seeing something that takes place after the climax of (what is effectively) a season finale before the finale itself, takes some of the wind out its sails. Obviously everyone will be fine but you know, movies are kind of about suspending your disbelief lol

If its about suspending your disbelief, why is this such a problem? It's not feasible to delay this movie or mess with your production schedule for something like this.

just imagine this trailer playing before Endgame and your family/other casual goers being like "oh.... wait what? Hes alive?"

I told my uncles the ending to Avengers 3 and they both were like "Yeah that's fake. They gotta make a Spider-Man 2." No one's confused here.

Oct 27, 2017
That was a cool trailer, maybe I missed some previous information, but I didn't know it'd be outside of New York (though the name kinda implies it). Mysterio looks awesome

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
This looks so good.

- We get some full on swinging before the field trip
- The new suit looks incredible
- Mysterio looks fantastic
- Humor is working for me
- Did I mention that Spider-Man's new suit looks fucking incredible?
- Jake Gyllenhaal

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this trailer actually just spoiled Endgame for me, I'm going to be PISSED.

4mmM2Uw.gif

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If its about suspending your disbelief, why is this such a problem? It's not feasible to delay this movie or mess with your production schedule for something like this.

I told my uncles the ending to Avengers 3 and they both were like "Yeah that's fake. They gotta make a Spider-Man 2." No one's confused here.
LOTR sucks, we know they're gonna destroy the ring and everything will be fine, tolkien is a fraud confirmed

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Ah shit, cool detail. The luggage bag he's preparing was Uncle Ben's, I wonder if they are gonna lean into it or are prepping for Spiderman 3 going into that side of his story.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
People reeeeally think this trailer spoils Endgame lol.

And no, this don't take place before Infinity War.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like Mysterio my favourite depiction of his powers was Spellbinder in Batman Beyond. There's been everything from 'holo-cubes' to actual stage props - I'm really curious how they will approach it in this movie.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I thought the marketing for this movie would be careful to avoid any Avengers: Endgame spoilers, but if you look closely, you can see a
"WORLD MOURNS STARK, ROGERS" headline in the background of one shot.
Someone's getting fired for that!

Is this a meme? I don't see anything like that in the trailer.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the trailer was great, but then again I also think that Homecoming was much better than Into the Spider-verse.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Thought it was a good trailer. Globetrotting Spidey through Europe vs fake hero Mysterio.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I was sold once Fury showed up. That trailer was perfect!

So regarding Mysterio:
He has to be doing all this as a "performance". Getting the 2 villains to attack London so he can come in and save the day, but was actually behind it the whole time.