TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
That trailer is really good! They finally doing some justice to Mysterio on the big screen.

Fun to see Nick Fury and Ned again can't wait to check this out after Endgame

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Sooooo it's maybe a stretch but now that we know Shang Chi is happening...the character does have ties to the British Secret Service.

Or let's go nuts and throw Captain Britain in the mix. (Or is he stuck waiting for Fox rights to revert?)
Blade could show up or maybe Strange is tries to reestablish the London Sanctum.

I definitely feel like there must be another secret character or something hat hasn't been revealed that is a reason to have Spidey traveling be core to the movie, just besides it being a way to have cool international backdrops.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Well, so are Tom Holland and Zendaya

Don't think they are.

As you can tell I can't wait for this damn movie.
qwlyozM.jpg

Always find it funny Mysterio's drawn with a built physique. Like, are his abs fake too? Lmao

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Ruined the 1st one? The Cap PSAs and Iron Man were great and only in it for a few minutes.

Why are people asking for Spidey to be solo again when we've had that for so long.

You're not going to get any good replies from this.

Like I said before all of these years we've been waiting for Spider-Man to Interact with other Marvel characters especially the Avengers. When the time comes people complain about it.
Watch the complaints when the X-Men and Fantastic 4 get together with Avengers.
In fact the one you replied to already did 🙄

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I get it. We all expect most of not all of them to come back, at least for the next one. But to just give it away like that seems so dumb to me.

That´s Sony Pictures for you. Idiots even spoiled a huge piece for post-Endgame in the trailer if it´s true what one ERA user posted here. Most incompetent studio in modern history imo

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Why the bell can't Spidey be doing his thing alone without being shoved into MCU garbage. It ruined the first one.

No, it definitely didn't ruin the first one. We've had five separate movies of solo Spider-Man. This is Spider-Man as he is in the comics: crossing over into the big stories and having some interaction with the universe in his own solo stories.

His relationship with Tony is interesting and unique to this new version of Spider-Man. And Tony was in Homecoming for literally 7 minutes total so if that ruined the movie for you, I'm not sure what to say.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Why the bell can't Spidey be doing his thing alone without being shoved into MCU garbage. It ruined the first one.
1. No it didn't. It made the first one stronger.
2. There have already been 5 movies where Spider-Man wasn't involved with any other superheroes.
3. Spider-Man has never been a hero defined by being 100% alone and never interacting with other heroes. Literally the first ever issue of Amazing Spider-Man is about him meeting the Fantastic Four.

Oct 28, 2017
No, it definitely didn't ruin the first one. We've had five separate movies of solo Spider-Man. This is Spider-Man as he is in the comics: crossing over into the big stories and having some interaction with the universe in his own solo stories.

His relationship with Tony is interesting and unique to this new version of Spider-Man. And Tony was in Homecoming for literally 7 minutes total so if that ruined the movie for you, I'm not sure what to say.
His relationship to Tony is neither interesting or unique. It's more like a boss and his employee. It ruined the first one since Peter's focus was on impressing Tony.

The majority of the solo movies were much more entertaining.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
His relationship to Tony is neither interesting or unique. It's more like a boss and his employee. It ruined the first one since Peter's focus was on impressing Tony.

Most people clearly don't think it ruined the first one nor the parts of infinity war he was in. If you want a solo Spiderman movie, you've already got 5 of that style.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Guess Peter in the MCU doesn't isn't for you. They certainly won't be changing the films tying into the MCU given that Homecoming is the only live action Spidey film that rivals Spider-Man 2 in terms of critical and fan reaction.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Looks great but it's clear that Sony has learned nothing from the Homecoming trailer that basically summarised the entire plot.

Compare this with the Endgame teaser.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great but it's clear that Sony has learned nothing from the Homecoming trailer that basically summarised the entire plot.

Compare this with the Endgame teaser.
The endgame teaser is withholding on purpose. FFH's trailer is not nearly as bad as the ones for HC. The second one could be bad though, remains to be seen.
IW trailers despite misdirection showed plenty too.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Looks like more Homecoming, which I thought was fine but kind of forgettable. Feel like Marvel is wasting their chance at making epic Spider-Man movies with these ho-hum plot lines/scenarios

Spider-Man *isn't* epic. That's the whole point of the character. Spidey isn't about saving the world.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
The CGI looked average in some of the shots. Jake G is a fantastic actor, he might knock Mysterio out of the park. That being said see the problem here? no real gravitas no nothing, this dude was snapped out of existence and they already got his trailer out for the world to see, ugh!

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I long for the days where they quit trying to tie everyone of these superhero movies into a larger separate story.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Can't really judge it right now. Homecoming was only okay. I really like that they're doing Mysterio though. Hope his friends aren't too big a part of the movie. Found them all super annoying.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how Tony appearing in Homecoming or Fury appearing in this is tying Spider-Man to a "larger separate story." The events of Homecoming have nothing to do with Infinity War or Thanos or anything else going on in the other movies. You could skip Homecoming and just go straight from Civil War to Infinity War without missing a beat.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Those days are done. Best to stop watching if it bothers you so much.

Honestly It doesn't bother me that much, I just much preferred when these stories were self contained and not bogged down by being tied into this bigger story arc from some movie that I haven't seen for a few years with some character that I thought had died in a movie like 6 years ago.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
But why? It makes the movies that much more interesting. The one and done thing was getting pretty old. Venom was good, but it's formula felt old.
If anything, one and done feels fresh nowadays because it's so rare

Logan and Deadpool benefited. And the DC movies that have done well recently all distanced themselves from trying to tie into larger stories to just focus on their own stories and tones. Marvel are the only ones in literally a decade who actually have succeeded in establishing a connected universe with an overarching narrative. Everyone else has failed, or stopped trying because they failed

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly It doesn't bother me that much, I just much preferred when these stories were self contained and not bogged down by being tied into this bigger story arc from some movie that I haven't seen for a few years with some character that I thought had died in a movie like 6 years ago.
On the other hand I think it's amazing. The stuff comic book geeks dreamed of for decades.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
If anything, one and done feels fresh nowadays because it's so rare

Logan and Deadpool benefited. And the DC movies that have done well recently all distanced themselves from trying to tie into larger stories to just focus on their own stories and tones. Marvel are the only ones in literally a decade who actually have succeeded in establishing a connected universe with an overarching narrative. Everyone else has failed, or stopped trying because they failed

On the other hand I think it's amazing. The stuff comic book geeks dreamed of for decades.

Yeah this is where I am at I've been waiting for this I wish they were more characters in this. Lots of times we used to get people asking why the Avengers never intervened with the Iron Man 3 or Winter Soldier events. Now that they do we get the complaints about it.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

And I think that's where my opinion varies, didn't read much comics but I loved spiderman (and the X-men) growing up. Not so much MCU.

If I was as invested in the MCU as some other folks I'd probably dig it but I'm not and unfortunately I feel like it detracts from these movies a bit.