ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This feels strange as the game is now less than two weeks away.

original.jpg

Sony and/or Insomniac specifically told consumers that the statue would be revealed "summer 2018."

Summer might not end until later in September but clearly, this was meant to tell consumers that it simply wasn't ready to be shown when the CE was announced but that it would be prior to the game releasing.

Is there any word on what is going on with this?

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
They've said plenty of times it's an spoiler of the game and that you'll be instructed to open it when the right time comes.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Whatever it is must be a big deal if they've been this tight lipped about it.

We're less than two weeks from release day, leaks are coming...

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
My guess is they were intending to reveal who or what was on the statue within the game alongside the statue but decided the reveal was better left for the game itself.

They've been clear that they have no intention of revealing it before launch though.You won't know until you play and open it... or find it online if it leaks.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
If I had to make an educated guess

Its him fighting Green Goblin on his glider.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I'm annoyed that they won't show it off too because I'd like to know what I'm getting, but they aren't technically lying or anything since the game and the CE will be released 2 weeks before Fall.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
From jstevenson on era:

I mean, this should have been said from the get-go. This image -- saying that the statue will be revealed -- is still on all of the product pages for the game.

I'm not seeing him saying we'll be "instructed" when to open it as you mentioned. Is the box literally going to say, "Don't open until you've beaten the game?"

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I mean, this should have been said from the get-go. This image -- saying that the statue will be revealed -- is still on all of the product pages for the game.

I'm not seeing him saying we'll be "instructed" when to open it as you mentioned. Is the box literally going to say, "Don't open until you've beaten the game?"

OP you was in the CE thread when he specified all this...lol

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
considering doc ock was already leaked by rhino's voice actor, we already know it's going to be doc ock, the real villain of the game.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Interesting, I didn't even notice that and I was posting in that thread.

It still feels weird that the plans for the statue clearly changed. They wouldn't have said "summer 2018 reveal" if the original plan was for it to be some big spoiler.

He said they always said summer for the reveal and that summer doesn't end until September 21st, so there was no original plan to reveal it before the game release.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Let me just say, I'm not a fan of buying stuff and not knowing what it is, and again if this statue isn't revealed by the time reviews drop then what is the point. September 7th we will all know what it is.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Let me just say, I'm not a fan of buying stuff and not knowing what it is, and again if this statue isn't revealed by the time reviews drop then what is the point. September 7th we will all know what it is.

Not if we avoid threads about spiderman till after beating the game when it comes out?

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
considering doc ock was already leaked by rhino's voice actor, we already know it's going to be doc ock, the real villain of the game.
You know I'm not mad I read this but I really should have considered this also...

Not the end of the world, hype is still real.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

Well the spoiler thread is up so you have your answer if you wanna keep your CE pre-order. Insomniac were just trying to obviously keep the reveal hidden for players to discover September 7th.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Not if we avoid threads about spiderman till after beating the game when it comes out?

I think you know what I meant. There will be unboxing videos posted by 1AM the morning of the 7th.

Well the spoiler thread is up so you have your answer if you wanna keep your CE pre-order. Insomniac were just trying to obviously keep the reveal hidden for players to discover September 7th.

I already know what it probably is, I've always known. I'm only keeping the CE for resale value.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
I think you know what I meant. There will be unboxing videos posted by 1AM the morning of the 7th.

My point still stands. I like the fact they gave those of us who are going to be on blackout until the game is beat the option of not knowing what it is so we are not spoiled.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Making the statue a spoiler is a bad decision in my opinion. Its either:
A) No one knows what they are paying 200€ for until they open the statue after beating the game OR
B) People will get spoiled because pics of the statue leak or something like that.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Making the statue a spoiler is a bad decision in my opinion. Its either:
A) No one knows what they are paying 200€ for until they open the statue after beating the game OR
B) People will get spoiled because pics of the statue leak or something like that.

I think the problem is that this clearly wasn't the plan when they CE was announced. They would have announced it as being a secret. We all know that by saying "revealed in summer in 2018," they didn't mean "after the game is out." Haha.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It'll obviously be Spidey versus his greatest enemy
J. Jonah Jameson

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I think the problem is that this clearly wasn't the plan when they CE was announced. They would have announced it as being a secret. We all know that by saying "revealed in summer in 2018," they didn't mean "after the game is out. Haha.
Jep. A simple marketing mistake. I will leave this thread now, because its to spoilery for me. Just want to say that 200€ is too much money for a CE with a mini artbook imo.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
Its a spoiler for the game.

Summer ends sept 22 so get ready for it to be shown when people get it on the 7th

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which was covered in the OP, and in the thread. No reason to do PR nonsense on behalf of a giant company.
So then why not wait till the game is actually out? Technically they haven't even lied yet. Summers still here and the games not out.

I don't even see why it's such a big deal. Not like insomniac is forcing people to buy it. It's a collectors item. Yeah sure you don't know what it looks like, but like I said no one is forcing you to buy it.

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
I'm glad I held off on the CE especially now that the Hot Toys figures are announced, which I know will be awesome.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So then why not wait till the game is actually out? Technically they haven't even lied yet. Summers still here and the games not out.

I don't even see why it's such a big deal. Not like insomniac is forcing people to buy it. It's a collectors item. Yeah sure you don't know what it looks like, but like I said no one is forcing you to buy it.

You fully know that the "revealing summer 2018" text meant they would be revealing before the actual game came out.

Come on.

If you don't have an issue with it, that's fine. But we all know that something changed along the way.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You fully know that the "revealing summer 2018" text meant they would be revealing before the actual game came out.

Come on.

If you don't have an issue with it, that's fine. But we all know that something changed along the way.
And again... The game is not out.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you reading the thread? It was posted that they won't be revealing the statue before the game is out.
Do you actually think someone won't post what the statue looks like online before the game comes out? I mean J Stevenson basically said as such in that thread...

I'm only worried that I'll be spoiled by that shit.