Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Game will look amazing if true, I do t understand the people that said here that this looks like it can be on current gen.
Well until we see actual actual gameplay and not trailers with controlled gameplay, similar to the Miles Morales gameplay reveal, we can't say if it's not possible on current last gen. I made the mistake of thinking that Miles gameplay trailer couldn't be on PS4 because how crazy the bridge stuff seemed, but it was carefully sectioned off and not actually open world stuff going on. I really looked like a idiot after it was revealed that it's also coming to PS4 soon after that trailer was shown.

After seeing it was also going to PS4 I looked over the trailer to see how. I noticed the snaking part at the start of the demo which helped with PS4 loading, and more sectioned off scenes (cutscenes to load the next spot/room). I even noticed "room" areas in the GOW Ragnarok trailer, thinking how less reliant the game would be of having doors, or carefully placed grapple points for Kratos to be able to jump over as if Faye is still predicting their every move.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018
Spider-Man 2 is going to break every PS record in terms of sales
Yep looks like a true piece of art, but it's meant to be released by 2023 and by then the hardware supplied is expected to had just been normalized. It's a pity cause the attachment ratio will be huge for this game, so it's only a matter of getting as many console units out there as possible

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Yep looks like a true piece of art, but it's meant to be released by 2023 and by then the hardware supplied is expected to had just been normalized. It's a pity cause the attachment ratio will be huge for this game, so it's only a matter of getting as many console units out there as possible

The game will have a huge sales tail, it'll be one of the games pretty much everyone nabs (a bit like GTA) when they get a new console, even if it's a while after release.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Rift Apart opening also in real time, thanks to a glitch.

From PS Studios OT.

I'm sure Insomniac could pull real-time Spidey 2 like in the trailer, if not better.

Oct 25, 2017
I have every faith the game will look incredible but I'm not going to suddenly start believing in-engine cinematic represent exactly what a final game will look like, seeing as they literally never have.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was already known...it had Captured on PS5.

The trailer looks astonishing and it's good to have confirmation the demo was running in real time. After all the Uncharted 4 teaser was captured on PS4 back in the day and didn't really run in real time. So "captured on XY" doesn't mean a awful lot.

I am confident Insomniac can reach or even surpass the level of graphics shown here in 2023. The vertical slice specifically created for the trailer looked really good.
Yeah it does, they specifically use Captured on PS5 for a reason.

Go back and look at trailers where they have the descriptions at the bottom.

Didn't it say that it was running on PS5 in the actual trailer in text?
Yup, and this is why they do that.

"Captured on PS5"
"Mix of gameplay and cinematics"

The 2nd wasnt used for SP2, but these are a couple of descriptions they use now.

Hell, they use Captured on PS5 for cross gen games. They do this for a reason.

Last edited:

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Why would anyone think that was CGI lol? It's always pretty obvious to me when a game is running real time vs CGI. In this case it was clearly a real time cutscene.

Agreed. If you played both Spidey-games; the cutscene direction and animation isnt that far removed from what the Spidey 2 trailer showed. It looked like a sensible evolution with mostly improved post-processing and extra particles/smoke effects.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back to 30 fps i guess, if they manage to have a stable 60 fps mode that look this good I'll be impressed.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unbelievable. Can't freaking wait to see Venom in his full glory. My favorite marvel character.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
It looks good, but it didn't blow my mind to be honest.

I think the Horizon gameplay demo has been the most impressive looking game shown on PS5 so far and that's cross gen

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
Back to 30 fps i guess, if they manage to have a stable 60 fps mode that look this good I'll be impressed.
One would think they'd definitely utilize the 40 fps and Performance RT modes they created for Miles Morales and Rift Apart for this. I cannot imagine they'd cast them aside so soon after it has bought them golden opinions of all sorts of people

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
Isn't it already written in the trailer?
"Footage captured on PS5"
The definition of "captured on" is very fluid and doesn't say anything about the real-time nature of the footage. That's the same phrase Naughty Dog used in their LoU and Uncharted 4 reveal trailers and in both cases it just meant in-engine rather than real time. That's why it's important to get clarification from the developers.

I'm not sure that the developer's tweet is 100% confirmation that this trailer is real time, because of how it's worded and the use of "captured on PS5". In any case, just like with Uncharted 4, I'm confident that the final product will look fantastic and significantly better than both Spiderman and Miles Morales.

Last edited:

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I wonder why Sony/Insomniac chose to announce this game so early. Maybe they were afraid of it leaking?
No way in hell these games would stay under wraps, a journalist was surprised Wolverine didn't leak before the show. And if the voice of venom just found out he's doing the role a few weeks ago and they're casting characters and ramping up production for Spiderman 2 I really doubt that would stay a secret for long. Plus it builds good hype

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
It looked incredible, but it's also not in-game, so I won't get too excited about it yet. I'm sure Insomniac will deliver great visuals though.

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder why Sony/Insomniac chose to announce this game so early. Maybe they were afraid of it leaking?
I don't think that announcement surprised anyone. Everyone expected a sequel at this point. It wasn't a question of if, but when. Wolverine, on the other hand...

Edit: Seeing that you're talking about Wolverine and not Spiderman 2, I imagine it was a good decision to announce it before it leaked.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One would think they'd definitely utilize the 40 fps and Performance RT modes they created for Miles Morales and Rift Apart for this. I cannot imagine they'd cast them aside so soon after it has bought them golden opinions of all sorts of people
The 40 fps mode is only good for people that have TV's that support 120fps, the % of that is still small. 60 fps will always be the preferred choice if they can make it happen.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Not surprising. It said so in the trailer. And Ratchet & Clank gameplay vs cinematic was so close that the differences were negligible. And they've obviously made improvements to their engine/tech since R&C launched. The final game will look even better than this.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that announcement surprised anyone. Everyone expected a sequel at this point. It wasn't a question of if, but when. Wolverine, on the other hand...

Again, please read the post I am quoting. I was not referring to Spider-Man

Even though Marvel's Wolverine is very early in development, from what I've seen of its emotional narrative and cutting-edge gameplay (see what I did there?), the team is already creating something truly special.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Really hope they do. Played Ratchet in 40 fps mode and it felt like a great compromise between fidelity and fluidity.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Ha...I got so much shit for saying Spider-Man Miles Morales is not next-generation stuff.

Now this looks way, way better. This is the PS5 at play.

Love it.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I mean, were people doubting ?
we get to see so little besides the characters and an extremely limited portion of scenery.
Considering the level achieved by insomniac with Spiderman on PS4 and Rift Apart on PS5, and generally speaking the incredible looking cutscenes we've seen in some AAA games lately that's not hard to believe at all.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Why were people doubting it? What looked so unachievable in that teaser that people thought it had to be a CG?