• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I think Mueller answered the former, but the tone of the questioner and the repeat of the question made it seem like he was asking the latter.

No yeah the Republican jackass fucked up the question and handed the Dems a soundbite on a silver platter. I just don't think Mueller himself was saying what people think or want him to say. He's very clearly trying to hold a strict position. He's not going to answer questions on future charges that may or may not happen, or impeachment.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
That would be okay if it was only the Democrats creating soundbites. But Republicans are creating soundbites as well. The hearing (similar to debates) has little to do with content but rather who creates the best soundbites.

I do think the Democrats are doing a little better creating a cohesive story now compared to earlier this morning. But I don't see the needle being swayed at the moment towards impeachment.

Republicans are focusing on Russia, Democrats are focusing on evidence of obstruction which they can impeach over. If the GOP runs to "But you were wrong on Russia!" I'm not sure how that helps Trump.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
"Remove and indict" is a pretty good chant, I'll admit.

REMOVE AND INDICT!
REMOVE AND INDICT!
REMOVE AND INDICT!
REMOVE AND INDICT!
REMOVE AND INDICT!
REMOVE AND INDICT!

Flows pretty easily. Can be made out with clarity on TV when chanted by thousands. Good for drowning out Trump and GoP at public pressers.

5 syllables. - two quick syllables (RE-MOVE), a breaking syllable(AND) , and two more quick syllables (IN-DICT).

#removeandindict

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
I don't know man. "You believe you could charge the President of the United States after leaving office?" This question isn't about a President, it's not about the Office of President. It's about THE President. All the question leading up to this one, they were referring to THE President. Not past or future, the current President.

It is the exact same answer he gave Nadler and carries the exact same interpretation.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dem candidates should shift narrative and put focus on removing Trump and indicting him immediately, restoring sanity and justice to the nation. Start a lock him up chant at every rally. Weaponize that anger.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think Fox News has finally compiled their "soundbite wish list" and sent it to their republican congressmen list serve....

They cant even look him in the eye when questioning...

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well... Your move, Nancy.

Even if no more bombs are dropped today, there are *plenty* of effective soundbites from the hearing. I hope they decide to move forward now.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
I don't know man. "You believe you could charge the President of the United States after leaving office?" This question isn't about a President, it's not about the Office of President. It's about THE President. All the question leading up to this one, they were referring to THE President. Not past or future, the current President.
It's the second line of questioning that is the biggest gotcha.

"You believe the president committed, you could charge the president with obstruction of justice after leaving the office?"
Mueller: Yes

Slip of the tongue or not, it explicitly is talking about Trump here. If Mueller was talking generics, he would have asked him to repeat the question or clarify.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Who's suit coat is this guy borrowing? He looks like some teenager wearing his dad's suit coat to a job interview.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Guys this has gotten good finally. It's not as good as the g1 climax but it's getting better r.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
CLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
GOP gotta keep moving before Mueller can answer any questions because he'll poke holes on it.

Wait...Obama should have been indicted on Obstruction of Justice? Where the fuck am I?