iapetus

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, how come they have a 'vaccine' for Coronavirus, but after all this time they haven't come up with a 'vaccine' for stupidity. Makes you think, doesn't it?

Normally 'cancer' rather than 'stupidity' when fucking idiots post this on Facebook constantly and I wish I could reach through the screen and slap them...

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
What a horror story. Thank you nurses, doctors and other workers on the front line, without you we would be doomed.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely insane. And the blame for this lies squarely on ONE person, at least here in the US.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
How do you educate individuals who seemingly don't have the capacity to engage in critical thinking?

It's sad to think this is happening to anybody but I also don't know what the solution is.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
The human race's evolved so hard that they became intelligent enough to have the choice become bull headedly-stupid.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is just sad.

I can't stop thinking, that even most of these people might be Trumpists idiots, how many of these people brains were literally destroyed by Fox News, Facebook and whatever far-right rats they listen too. Like being brainwashed so hard that at death's door you keep thinking that the very thing is killing you is not real.

Like I just have no words, is just sad.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
We
Those "controversial" Michael Shannon interviews from right after Trump's election aged really well. I think of them often.

Yes, the election is all I've been thinking about. How are you holding up?
I'm on tenterhooks here. I have two young children. Basically this man is probably going to destroy the earth and civilization as we know it. It's kind of terrifying.

I've been alternating between feeling energized, stoked to fight against everything he and his supporters stand for, and utter despair, because I'm not convinced anything I do can actually effect change.
That's the thing: These protests are so moving, but ultimately what are they going to accomplish? I'm so glad these kids on the campuses everywhere are going ape s—, but at the end of the day the guy's still going to be president. Maybe you need a civil war or something.

I was going to avoid talking about this, but I suppose it's unavoidable.
No, it's unavoidable. It should be talked about constantly. It should be the only thing anyone talks about.

There's not even a way to talk to the other side. You may want to share something on Facebook, but the algorithms only allow people to see the news they want.
The wall isn't between the U.S. and Mexico; the wall is between people who voted for Trump and people who didn't. And we've got to do something about it. I don't want to live in a country where people voted for Trump. I want to live in some other f—ing country. But I don't want to run away. So we're just going to have to bust this thing up.

I'm not even sure how to bust things up. We have to invent a new way.
There's a lot of old people who need to realize they've had a nice life, and it's time for them to move on. Because they're the ones who go out and vote for these assholes. If you look at the young people, between 18 and 25, if it was up to them Hillary would have been president. No offense to the seniors out there. My mom's a senior citizen. But if you're voting for Trump, it's time for the urn.

My parents voted for Trump and I'm still not sure how to talk to them about that.
F— 'em. You're an orphan now. Don't go home. Don't go home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Don't talk to them at all. Silence speaks volumes.

Do you have relatives who voted for him?
Thank god no one in my immediate family would ever remotely consider voting for Trump.

That's odd, since Kentucky went for Trump, and how.
That's the tragic thing about Kentucky: There's two cities in Kentucky that are filled with intelligent, vibrant people. And then there's the rest of it. But my mom is a super cool and intelligent lady. She was a pollster; she was helping people vote. She told me about this old woman who walked in and needed help voting. My mom had to stand there and watch this woman vote for Trump. Then she turned around and said, "How do I make sure my vote gets counted? I want to make sure. I don't want this conspiracy to happen." Because that's the ironic thing: On that day there were so many Trump voters who were saying, "I voted for Trump, but it doesn't make a difference because they got it rigged anyway." Yeah, they sure f—ing do, don't they? F—in' A, man.

Can you make sense of any of that for me—how Trump was elected?
Yeah, I'll tell you how to make sense of it: This country's filled with ignorant jackasses. The big red dildo running through the middle of our country needs to be annexed to be its own country of moronic assholes. You can call it the United States of Moronic Fucking Assholes.

Do you think those assholes started off that way, or that people are inherently good and lost?
I don't know how people got so goddamn stupid. But it's really weird, because it's like the last eight years, now it feels like a lie. Like, this has been festering underneath the whole time. Racists, sexists. And a lot of these people, they don't know why the fuck they're alive. They know it. They're doing drugs, fucking killing themselves. Because they're like, 'Why the fuck am I alive? I can't get a job, I don't know anything about anything, I have no curiosity for life or the world.' So this Trump thing is like getting a box of firecrackers, or something. It's like, 'Well, this will be fun for a little while, this'll kill some time.' Because, y'know, the jackass will be amusing on television, say stupid shit. Make everybody clap. Hillary would have been too boring, I suppose. It's the worst thing that's ever happened. It's the worst. This guy is going to destroy civilization as we know it, and the earth, and all because of these people who don't have any idea why they're alive.

Do you think this idea of purpose comes down to education, or finding a job that they like?
I don't know! I mean, yeah, to a certain extent I agree with Trump. Yeah, NAFTA was fucked up and people need to have jobs. People need to have a way of supporting themselves, they need a way of having self-respect, pride and dignity. You take that away from them, this is what you get.

Michael Shannon is a real one.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those "controversial" Michael Shannon interviews from right after Trump's election aged really well. I think of them often.

Yes, the election is all I've been thinking about. How are you holding up?
I'm on tenterhooks here. I have two young children. Basically this man is probably going to destroy the earth and civilization as we know it. It's kind of terrifying.

I've been alternating between feeling energized, stoked to fight against everything he and his supporters stand for, and utter despair, because I'm not convinced anything I do can actually effect change.
That's the thing: These protests are so moving, but ultimately what are they going to accomplish? I'm so glad these kids on the campuses everywhere are going ape s—, but at the end of the day the guy's still going to be president. Maybe you need a civil war or something.

I was going to avoid talking about this, but I suppose it's unavoidable.
No, it's unavoidable. It should be talked about constantly. It should be the only thing anyone talks about.

There's not even a way to talk to the other side. You may want to share something on Facebook, but the algorithms only allow people to see the news they want.
The wall isn't between the U.S. and Mexico; the wall is between people who voted for Trump and people who didn't. And we've got to do something about it. I don't want to live in a country where people voted for Trump. I want to live in some other f—ing country. But I don't want to run away. So we're just going to have to bust this thing up.

I'm not even sure how to bust things up. We have to invent a new way.
There's a lot of old people who need to realize they've had a nice life, and it's time for them to move on. Because they're the ones who go out and vote for these assholes. If you look at the young people, between 18 and 25, if it was up to them Hillary would have been president. No offense to the seniors out there. My mom's a senior citizen. But if you're voting for Trump, it's time for the urn.

My parents voted for Trump and I'm still not sure how to talk to them about that.
F— 'em. You're an orphan now. Don't go home. Don't go home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Don't talk to them at all. Silence speaks volumes.

Do you have relatives who voted for him?
Thank god no one in my immediate family would ever remotely consider voting for Trump.

That's odd, since Kentucky went for Trump, and how.
That's the tragic thing about Kentucky: There's two cities in Kentucky that are filled with intelligent, vibrant people. And then there's the rest of it. But my mom is a super cool and intelligent lady. She was a pollster; she was helping people vote. She told me about this old woman who walked in and needed help voting. My mom had to stand there and watch this woman vote for Trump. Then she turned around and said, "How do I make sure my vote gets counted? I want to make sure. I don't want this conspiracy to happen." Because that's the ironic thing: On that day there were so many Trump voters who were saying, "I voted for Trump, but it doesn't make a difference because they got it rigged anyway." Yeah, they sure f—ing do, don't they? F—in' A, man.

Can you make sense of any of that for me—how Trump was elected?
Yeah, I'll tell you how to make sense of it: This country's filled with ignorant jackasses. The big red dildo running through the middle of our country needs to be annexed to be its own country of moronic assholes. You can call it the United States of Moronic Fucking Assholes.

Do you think those assholes started off that way, or that people are inherently good and lost?
I don't know how people got so goddamn stupid. But it's really weird, because it's like the last eight years, now it feels like a lie. Like, this has been festering underneath the whole time. Racists, sexists. And a lot of these people, they don't know why the fuck they're alive. They know it. They're doing drugs, fucking killing themselves. Because they're like, 'Why the fuck am I alive? I can't get a job, I don't know anything about anything, I have no curiosity for life or the world.' So this Trump thing is like getting a box of firecrackers, or something. It's like, 'Well, this will be fun for a little while, this'll kill some time.' Because, y'know, the jackass will be amusing on television, say stupid shit. Make everybody clap. Hillary would have been too boring, I suppose. It's the worst thing that's ever happened. It's the worst. This guy is going to destroy civilization as we know it, and the earth, and all because of these people who don't have any idea why they're alive.

Do you think this idea of purpose comes down to education, or finding a job that they like?
I don't know! I mean, yeah, to a certain extent I agree with Trump. Yeah, NAFTA was fucked up and people need to have jobs. People need to have a way of supporting themselves, they need a way of having self-respect, pride and dignity. You take that away from them, this is what you get.

I remember people being so offended by his "It's time for the urn," line, and now they're killing themselves. It makes me wonder how things would have turned out if we collectively told these people not to wear masks and that we didn't care if they died - part of me thinks they would have worn as many as they could out of spite.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Im not owned! im not owned!!", I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and get buried in a coffin

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
GoP are evil, the entire party is on Hitler's level of evil, they continue to lie to their own base, as more and more people die..

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Y'know I saw this last night on the news and I really didn't know what to say then.

I still don't know what to say now regarding it. It's so dumb and ridiculous.

All I do know is that I'm so, so, so sorry for healthcare workers right now. As if dealing with this virus isn't enough. As if dealing with the terrible loss of life happening before their very eyes, knowing that some people just don't care. As if having to be one of the last people some of these patients see before dying, having to tell their families about their downward trend and that they can't come in to even see them and being the only person they spend their last moments with day after day.

As if that, and more, wasn't enough, now they have to deal with people like this and refuse to see it even when they themselves are dying. Disrespecting them and telling them that this isn't real, it's all a hoax and it has to be something else.

I just couldn't imagine myself being able to handle that.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
So any other South Dakota Era members not shocked by this?

Any SoDak people also not shocked at Eras response to this?
Not shocked. In many ways if you went through this state it doesn't even seem like there's a pandemic. Much of our leadership on the state and city level has failed us, and so many civilians thought that the people here were so spread out we wouldn't see an impact. It's... yeah it's been something, but not surprising from a state that bleeds Red like this one does.

And to the second question: not at all.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NPR picked up the story on their On Point program (Streamable on NPR.org - NOVEMBER 16, 2020 'Protect Each Other': A Doctor's Message From The Coronavirus Surge). Nick Wendell a city counsel member of my city shared that SD cities will have to institute their own mandates as no one is anticipating any guidance on the statewide level, but illustrates that per capita Brookings has the least cases of the 10 most populous cities that is at least partially attributable to the city's mask mandate and capacity restrictions.

It should be pointed out that hoping death on the populous of any state or group of people should probably not be your first instinct. SD is undeniably a red state, but 30-35% of the states population isn't and they are still at risk in their own communities.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I legitimately cannot comprehend how a person gets to the point of brainwashing where their own self-preservation instincts get overridden in the name of... owning the libs?

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
People just don't comprehend or simply want to ignore it...ignorance is bliss, amiright?

Like, locally, there's a big-time evangelical preacher who died of COVID over the summer. The Monday before Thanksgiving they're having a big event where they're dedicating a building and renaming it after him...when the pandemic has never been worse and the very man they're honoring DIED of COVID.

You can't make this shit up! People would tell you it's unrealistic if you wrote this into a story!

kagete

Oct 27, 2017
It is November 17, 2020.

• My wife is still reusing her same "disposable" n95 mask every shift.
  • Her hospital floor's 33 beds are a mix of covid, cancer, pre-surgery, post-op, and dementia patients. These are not ICU beds, and definitely not negative-pressure. Some patients are in combinations of 2 or more of the above (covid+cancer!).
  • She has covid patients that are in denial that are forcefully shouting, spitting, grabbing, and hugging nurses and techs.
  • I have coworkers making six-figures that have still not bought a single mask for themselves or their family.
  • Trump Election Hoax and Covid denial stories remain in the top 5 of Facebook content/engagement daily.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
NPR picked up the story on their On Point program (Streamable on NPR.org - NOVEMBER 16, 2020 'Protect Each Other': A Doctor's Message From The Coronavirus Surge). Nick Wendell a city counsel member of my city shared that SD cities will have to institute their own mandates as no one is anticipating any guidance on the statewide level, but illustrates that per capita Brookings has the least cases of the 10 most populous cities that is at least partially attributable to the city's mask mandate and capacity restrictions.

It should be pointed out that hoping death on the populous of any state or group of people should probably not be your first instinct. SD is undeniably a red state, but 30-35% of the states population isn't and they are still at risk in their own communities.

I'm not wishing death on them myself, I just have little concern or compassion for their actual deaths. I save that for the living taking this seriously and trying to do something about it even if it's just wearing a mask.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
It is November 17, 2020.

• My wife is still reusing her same "disposable" n95 mask every shift.
  • Her hospital floor's 33 beds are a mix of covid, cancer, pre-surgery, post-op, and dementia patients. These are not ICU beds, and definitely not negative-pressure. Some patients are in combinations of 2 or more of the above (covid+cancer!).
  • She has covid patients that are in denial that are forcefully shouting, spitting, grabbing, and hugging nurses and techs.
  • I have coworkers making six-figures that have still not bought a single mask for themselves or their family.
  • Trump Election Hoax and Covid denial stories remain in the top 5 of Facebook content/engagement daily.
"This will all go away November 4th" was a popular saying, and even the President claimed it after a while. But here we are, November 17th, and it's still a thing - whodathunk?

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
It's extreme denial as a coping mechanism. They can't make themselves begin to open up to the reality of their own death so they latch onto the only thing that makes them comfortable...denial that it's even happening.