• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
Go and fuck yourself Sony, at this point there is no way I'm resubbing.

They better pull out all the stops for Plus on the PS5 or my sub will stay cancelled

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
Did they abandon pay for online or why are they killing it?
I won't really consider anyone forcing pay for online as "killing it" but I'm way more inclined to give XBL Gold the leg up on Sony based purely on the fact you get more games, a more stable online service, and most importantly I buy my XBL codes at like 50% off on CDkeys every year so I'm really only paying 30 a year for Gold

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Also, amazing week for the poors little Brazilians. Death Stranding will be R$50 more expensive than the latest PS exclusives and now they announce that PS+ will cost R$20 more than before.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, amazing week for the poors little Brazilians. Death Stranding will be R$50 more expensive than the latest PS exclusives and now they announce that PS+ will cost R$20 more than before.
It makes sense as the economy is improving a lot and jobs are easy to get for everyone here!

or at least that's how some people from first world countries will justify fucking over other countries without knowing anything about them

Baku

Jan 24, 2018
Got damn it sony. I've been thinking of canceling it in recent months and now this. I'm definitely out.

OP
OP
Warrior of Light
Jan 11, 2018
Do we have any other examples from South America beyond Brazil?

Maybe a moderator could change the title to "... Europe, Asia and South America", or "... various regions"?

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
It makes sense as the economy is improving a lot and jobs are easy to get for everyone here!

or at least that's how some people from first world countries will justify fucking over other countries without knowing anything about them

Nah, they have the excuse that they're putting the same price as the their competitors (XB Live is already R$149,99)

Do we have any other examples from South America beyond Brazil?

Maybe a moderator could change the title to "... Europe, Asia and South America", or "... various regions"?

I tried to find some information about it but didn't find any. Users from other South American countries will have to confirm this.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
I see you are from Bulgaria, i checked your minimum wage and psn prices and man fuck that, thats some ridiculous prices. I bet you wish you were in Switzerland lol trust me i would like that too.

That stat is most likely wrong due to how corrupted our governments always was/is. :D I read somewhere that a school janitor in Switzerland is actually making a pretty good living. Also Switzerland is one of the few countries that have avoided both WW. ;)

Who buys full price? Never paid 60 bucks in my life for ps+

Exactly, wait for BF sale/cdkeys or whatever for cheap ps+. The time I payed full price was when the program launched on PS3, once.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
My subscription lapses in less than a week. It will be the first time I let it lapse in years, and I won't renew unless they get their shit together.

Oct 28, 2017
jumped off like 3 years ago and i don't miss it. the service got worse, and i can wait for discounts.
i don't play online and if i want i'll probably go to pc, since i'm planning to upgrade it

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The price jump for Malaysians and most countries in Asia is fucking insane. That's an entire Netflix sub lol.

So glad I ditched consoles.

You can afford it if you skip a cup of starbucks every month, its not that expensive. Besides, the offering has been great for the past months, and we have countless testimonials on how great the games are, especially for June

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason I use it is for cloud game saves and occasional discounts, as they haven't made any appealing games free for me. If they raise the price in the US, I'm out.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reading through PSN Profiles, seems it's the 1 and 3 month subs going up, not the year.

Some users are speculating this is because the 1 month sub was cheaper in some countries in the EU if you bought it three times then buying the three month sub, so Sony messed up last time and this time is correcting it.

I hate price increases on anything though. I hope it doesn't hit Canada, it's already 70 bucks for a year here.
Regularly goes for 50 in Ontario. Ive never paid 70

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
You can afford it if you skip a cup of starbucks every month, its not that expensive. Besides, the offering has been great for the past months, and we have countless testimonials on how great the games are, especially for June

I don't drink Starbucks, never have.

Kind of a shitty thing to say too. While I can afford it, I personally know a lot of people who won't.

No need to lick the corporate boot.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
been a year since i had a ps plus account. i barely play any online games these days so there's no point for me to have one.

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
Shut the fuck up telling people what is and isn't expensive in their life. Also, in recent months they've reduced the number of games from 6 to 2 so you can put that argument in the bin along with your financial advice.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shut the fuck up telling people what is and isn't expensive in their life. Also, in recent months they've reduced the number of games from 6 to 2 so you can put that argument in the bin along with your financial advice.
The games they removed are for both PS3 and Vita, not a loss at all for many people. Nobody plays on them anymore, we are heading into PS5 now

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I was not angry because they removed the PS3 and Vita games, but because they did not put anything in the place. We'll wait close to 24 months with only 2 games per month. I would accept movies, even soundtrack from games in "exchange". If they keep with only two games a month, the most correct would be to lower the price, but of course it will never happen.

It is a quite simple matter to solve:

4 PS4 Games: 2 Normal, 1 VR and 1 Indie.
4 PS4 Games: 2 Normal and 2 Indies.
3 PS4 Games + One Movie: 2 Normal, 1 VR/Indie, 1 Movie.
2 PS4 Games + Two Movies: 2 Normal/VR/Indie, Two Movies.

(Normal I mean games like Sonic, Borderlands and etc., AA or AAA games)

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
more countries:
Warrior of Light

China:

1 Month Subscription: 29 Yuan -> 39 Yuan
3 Month Subscription: 69 Yuan -> 99 Yuan
12 Month Subscription: 209 Yuan -> 239 Yuan

Hong Kong:

1 Month Subscription: HK$38 -> HK$48
3 Month Subscription: HK$88 -> HK$128
12 Month Subscription: HK$268 -> HK$308

Indonesia:

1 Month Subscription: Rp 55,000 -> Rp 89,000
3 Month Subscription: Rp 123,000 -> Rp 229,000
12 Month Subscription: Rp 350,000 -> Rp 559,000

Singapore:

1 Month Subscription: SGD 6.9 -> SGD 8.9
3 Month Subscription: SGD 14.9 -> SGD 21.9
12 Month Subscription: SGD 43.9 -> SGD 53.9

South Korea:

1 Month Subscription: 6,300 Won -> 7,500 Won
3 Month Subscription: 15,500 Won -> 18,800 Won
12 Month Subscription: 1,800 Won -> 44,900 Won

Taiwan:

1 Month Subscription: NT$168 -> NT$198
3 Month Subscription: NT$388 -> NT$488
12 Month Subscription: NT$1,088 -> NT$1,188

Thailand:

1 Month Subscription: THB 170 -> THB 210
3 Month Subscription: THB 410 -> THB 490
12 Month Subscription: THB 1,130 -> THB 1,190

That price hike for Indonesia is harsh.0_0

350k to 559k is almost 40% increase. Fiuhh.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
60 euro is like 90$ Canadian, wtf this is crazy if it come here

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
The ps plus offering for the past year or so have been really bad for me, this news only helped me not resub to plus when there is something I wanna play online lol. I don't Pl really play online anyway, only used it for souls games and there are no new souls games anytime soon haha. Maybe I will get the next souls on PC if the sub is so expensive too, not worth the additional cost for playing on PS4.

ldcommando

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
saw one of those articles that get recommended on chrome saying that the price of plus wil also go up here in brazil
feelsbadman
Edit: just noticed that this information is in the op

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Are you actually fucking serious? Lmao that's pathetic.

Some of you truly have no shame nor any common sense. I've told this to someone before in a similar case, but Sony(or any company) doesn't know you even exist.

Saying stupid shit that almost sounds like bad PR isn't doing you any favors. Companies ain't your friends.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well seems only the 1 month but honestly how can they even justify this. Half the games compared to last year and it's not like the quality of the games are significantly higher or anything.

Jan 17, 2019
I won't really consider anyone forcing pay for online as "killing it" but I'm way more inclined to give XBL Gold the leg up on Sony based purely on the fact you get more games, a more stable online service, and most importantly I buy my XBL codes at like 50% off on CDkeys every year so I'm really only paying 30 a year for Gold

And most importantly you can see some deals few times during every year for PS+ 1 year sub. for around 40$

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
People are better off buying 1 year subscription cards once they go on sale.
Heh, amazing how they've gotten us to now put down all that money for the privilege of locking us in for the year sub without even having to show anything for it, huh? Almost feels like that's the point of raising the price on the lower tiers? lol

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
when my PS+ ends in january i'm not buying it again. has been a waste of money. rarely play online anymore, the monthly games aren't worth it, and the other features i can live without.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
It stopped last March and didn't extended it. It was mostly to play rocket league.
In two months, to summarize, my backlog is happy, I took care of him. So I am OK with this decision.