• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
To all those high and mighty people saying "only fanboyz will be upset!" - how do you not understand that this news seems bad for the PlayStation brand and potentially removes the need for a PlayStation console going forward? Of course we are all overreacting and assuming this means more (all) PS exclusives will go to PC eventually, but if that is in fact the case, just look at this thread to see how many people are saying "cool I won't need to buy a PlayStation anymore". THAT'S why some people do not like this news. Some of us do not enjoy gaming on a PC. Apologies to the high and mighty, but that is a fact.
Of course your're going to get a lot of that on a message board with hardcore gamers but most people are gonna always get a console anyways cause it's still more convenient than a PC. You people need to relax.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be so sure...
I'd be pretty sure. Consider the timing of this, and that it's only happening because the current generation is finally ending, so now they're releasing a 3 year old game on PC. With PS5, they have a new console they want to sell, so yeah, those exclusives will be locked down to PS5 for a very, very long time as well.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Horizon Zero Sense, mind you
giphy.gif

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
To all those high and mighty people saying "only fanboyz will be upset!" - how do you not understand that this news seems bad for the PlayStation brand and potentially removes the need for a PlayStation console going forward? Of course we are all overreacting and assuming this means more (all) PS exclusives will go to PC eventually, but if that is in fact the case, just look at this thread to see how many people are saying "cool I won't need to buy a PlayStation anymore". THAT'S why some people do not like this news. Some of us do not enjoy gaming on a PC. Apologies to the high and mighty, but that is a fact.
So who cares... Buy a console and play there. They don't make money with hw. They make money with games and services. If u like consoles buy consoles. But let who prefer better graphics and fps to have the option to play.

Dewin

Oct 26, 2017
Exactly. The exclusive games to build the user base and support the system but more importantly make it more attractive for 3rd parties for the software revenue. This makes no sense.
Sure it does. Its a last gen game in about 8 or 9 months. Its just bait. Try HZD 1, but tempt pc gamers to buy a Ps5 for HZD 2. No way will new Sony exclusives be on PC day one. They get the old shit, not the new shit.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
As someone who only owns a ps4 i think this is great news. More people get to enjoy this amazing game and Sony make more $$$ which can be put towards their exclusives etc.

If this came out simultaneously on ps4 and pc however i think I'd have more of a problem with it, because I'd question why own a PlayStation when I can get a better experience on PC
Because a PlayStation is $500 (less, maybe) at launch while a PC that could play the game better is significantly more expensive.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Great news. Didn't enjoy the game much but seeing Sony put games on PC is a great start!

Now pray for Bloodbourne, ERA!!

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
People laughed even last week still at Shpeshal Ed
Damn, I remember this, lol.
Chill. Despite that, you know I'm right.

Look here:
www.resetera.com

Rumor: Horizon Zero Dawn comes to PC on February 2020

One of the biggest Russian bloggers Anton Logvinov shared this information in his latest video. He predicted that Death Stranding will come to PC before the official announcement (tho it wasn't that hard) and now said this: Later he added:
Quick, what else does he know about PS5....

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
You're proving them right, nobody but fanboyz think like this.

"THAT'S why some people do not like this news. Some of us do not enjoy gaming on a PC"

Then don't?
I'm talking about the future of gaming, which clearly seems to be pushing towards PC-only. I'm happy for PC-only gamers who get to play Horizon. I think everyone should be able to play every game in a perfect world. I just don't want the future of gaming to be PC. Is that not allowed here?

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Regular people dont play non esports/mmo games on a computer. Who is going into walmart or going on Amazon to get fleeced on prebuilt pcs or watching 30 - hour tutorials on youtube before building their own and learn about the upkeep of a computer? Certainly not your average consumer. I really don't get posts like these unless you talking from a fanboy perspective .

Actually they do exactly that, PC gaming is thriving, growing and more popular with your average person than ever because it's cheaper and easier than ever, denying that makes you the badly informed/dishonest fanboy. Still doesn't mean there isn't a place for consoles too.

I'm talking about the future of gaming, which clearly seems to be pushing towards PC-only. I'm happy for PC-only gamers who get to play Horizon. I think everyone should be able to play every game in a perfect world. I just don't want the future of gaming to be PC. Is that not allowed here?

Well if consoles can't survive losing a few exclusives they deserve to die. But don't worry, won't happen and we'll keep getting threads about nextgen being the doom and downfall of PC gaming one day and the X1PS5 being now worthless the next ad infinitum. Very amusing to witness.

Last edited:

Static Jeans

Oct 25, 2017
I actually waited to play this game just in case they ported it to the PC. I was about to buy it the other day but I am glad I held off. I hear nothing but good things about this game so I cannot wait.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would love a game advertisement that ends with the usual PlayStation logo/voice then Cavill appears "PC".

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honest question, how is that laughable? I haven't read the whole thread but I think putting old games on PC as a way of advertising new console exclusive games is a decent idea. I really don't think Sony will follow Microsoft with them putting their games on PC and console at the same time they simply need the sales of consoles to much for that to happen. Maybe the gap between console release and PC release will be shorter in the future but I don't think PC only ERA should count on it when it comes to Sonys first party developed games.

It is humorous to think Sony will port PS5 games to PC once PS6 comes. If you think they will do that, I have a bridge to sell as well.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Explain your rationale. Consoles are cheaper and simpler. The future is simply leaning towards console AND PC. Not PC only.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would this mean the future of gaming is PC?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Tell me the lottery numbers next.

The future of gaming is ecosystems, there will still be consoles, stop being stupid.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Holding hostage? What is wrong with some of you. The only people who would complain would be PC gamers, eg the equivalent of port begging. At the end of the day HZD on PC is still an outlier here, it's not like this is Sony's standard practice.
That's why I started with an if :P I don't think anything else will come, this is just HZD news, I'm just stating that if it does happen they can't go back and fourth and start delaying PC releases as some kind of PR move to lure fans of the IPs to buy a console they don't really want without receiving negative feedback.

Oct 27, 2017
Smart strategy - get the old games on PC, get a new userbase interested and make Horizon 2 PS5 exclusive, so some PC players might want to purchase a PS5.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
He's right about one thing at though; the whole "PC master race" thing is the most cringe ever.

OMG, he put the playstation logo upside down like its the flag. Like he's a military unit under siege. Never stop today. He's either the most pathetic fanboy or the most brilliant satirist of a generation.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LOL That's not where the future of gaming is pushing too - PC only. It's pushing for ecosystems and multiple ways people can access them rather than being confined to only one way- a console.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
You're proving them right, nobody but fanboyz think like this.

"THAT'S why some people do not like this news. Some of us do not enjoy gaming on a PC"

Then don't?

console gaming won't have the focus it does if the values continue to deplatform. I will eventually (reluctantly) dump money into a nice PC, but for now I like that the games I buy on playstation are super high production value and optimized for the platform I own.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

You're allowed to think what you want, but this irrational fear over no more consoles is pretty ridiculous dude. MS is releasing all of their first party games on PC. Are they done making consoles? You need to realize that the majority of people would rather buy a console than PC. The barrier of entry is far lower and the value per cost is much greater (at least in regards to the upcoming consoles). Ease of use also plays a significant factor. Consoles aren't going away.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
Because a PlayStation is $500 (less, maybe) at launch while a PC that could play the game better is significantly more expensive.
It's not about the money for me it's about the game catalogue. If Sony were to release all their exclusives at the same time on ps4 & pc then i probably would just buy a pc.

Right now Ps4 has by far the best games (Bloodborne and God of war are in my top 5 games of all time) so that is why i only own a ps4. There is nothing on pc or Xbox that i think are must own games for me at this moment in time

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Cool I'll double dip on PC I guess, more curious how they handle the launch of the sequel or other games than this tbh. I might not need to buy a new console at this point lmao

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think anyone saw this coming but it makes sense I suppose, might as well sell it to PC gamers before they emulate it and also introduce them to the IP before making a sequel on the PS5.