Votes: 382 26.5%
  • Nintendo Direct

Votes: 982 68.2%
  • Sony State of Play

Votes: 75 5.2%

• Total voters

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I guess Microsoft for me retrospectively, since it shadow dropped a game I currently consider my GOTY? I was still underwhelmed with the lack of detail in the Forza presentation, and I still don't care about vampires, ESO or Minecraft (though I thought the Redfall presentation was perfectly good on it's own merits).

I don't have any interest in playing Metroid Prime again, and Sony's SoP didn't feature anything that catered to my personal interest, so I guess those two are tied? lol

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Would have been Nintendo even if no Zelda

Metroid Prime was big for me, and there was a scattering of other good announcements too.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Definitely Xbox for me. The Nintendo show wasn't bad, but I didn't play any of the older games shown or had any interest in the dlc.

Zelda was cool, but until I know it's not just botw2, I'm keeping my expectations very low.

Yoga Flame

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 8, 2022
Nothing interesting from Sony first party, Nintendo was solid, loved the Metroid shadow drop + Tears of the Kingdom, but Xbox Dev Direct was all first party stuff with unbelievable stuff like Forza next gen and of course, HiFi Rush.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
State of Play had the only game I'll probably be playing, Resident Evil 4 Remake.

Still wouldn't vote for them though. The Nintendo Direct was pretty good and gets my vote.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Nintendo has more or less perfected the Direct approach

Is funny going back to those news where Nintendo decided to stop live presentation and all comments mocked them only for everyone else to copy the same format to the point that so many fanworks have used the "Direct" name even if it has nothing to do with Nintendo

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Nintendo by far. SO much there that I wanted to play.

Microsoft's was quite good as well, with Hi-Fi Rush being amazing and Forza looking great, but not much else for me outside of that.

Sony was lackluster. Capcom carried that whole show. Tchia also looked nice.

Last edited:

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely Xbox for me. The Nintendo show wasn't bad, but I didn't play any of the older games shown or had any interest in the dlc.

Zelda was cool, but until I know it's not just botw2, I'm keeping my expectations very low.
It's going to be BotW 2. It's literally a direct sequel to it. No way Nintendo is drastically changing the formula already.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I'll look at it from the perspective of which games I actually feel like purchasing this year. I'm interested in the Capcom games, but nothing really from Sony.

I purchased Metroid Prime Remastered, and have Pikmin 4 and Zelda pre-ordered. I want to buy Star Wars Jedi whatever.

My game pass subscription will expire this year but I'll probably resubscribe even though I barely use it. I guess Nintendo>Xbox>Sony, which is kinda sad because Nintendo's presentation was just decent.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Nintendo had one of the best showcases I've seen in years, so I'll vote that lol

GB/GBA, Metroid, Zelda, Xenoblade 3 DLC hype, Pikmin 4, and about 100 other things

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Prime HD
Advance Wars
Kirby
Zelda
Pikimin

and that ignoring all others cool 3rd party games like BK Remakes, Octopath 2, Prof Layton, Ghost Trick, Deca Police, Rain Code...

jesus christ, Switch (therefore Nintendo) is killing it

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 4 Remake is a known quantity (leaving the fact it's a do-over aside, it's just we've known details about it already prior to today) so is that why people weren't happy with the Sony presentation?

I'm struggling to remember but RE4R itself was shrouded in (relative) secrecy up until Capcom's own recent Showcase, but still I'm thinking it's a little unfair, especially how we are still in that post-show "glow" too.

I get that it's someone's right to be unhappy with the whole show but PlayStation, Capcom, and the game itself deserve the benefit of the doubt, if not outright "praise" for what they showed of it.

It's RE4! It's about to come out!

Will I probably play it on a Sony console? No!

Even still, not sure a lot of the popular opinion is on the money here.

Oh right, the topic. Nintendo.

wolfshirt

Oct 28, 2017
Los Angeles
Hi-Fi rush shadowdrop was too good; like literally a perfect marketing move.

if it weren't for that, I would say they're all pretty underwhelming.

Deleted member 129013

Dec 12, 2022
Sony. Didn't care for anything at Nintendo and don't even remember an Xbox show

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
One had Hi-Fi Rush and we got GoldenEye that week. One had Metroid Prime Remastered. And one had ???????

KezayJS1

Apr 25, 2021
Nintendo, easy-peasy lemon squeezy fo' sheazy.

Microsoft at least had a couple of things worth talking about. Sony's was surprisingly unremarkable; imagine them having more worthwhile to show amidst the momentum the brand has been seeing lately.

Jun 25, 2022
Easily Xbox direct. Although it was mostly because of Hi-Fi Rush. Nintendo's didn't live up to expectations due to the middling ToTK trailer. Sony's was the worst.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Nintendo had more games that I am interested in the Direct but a close second for Xbox's Developer Direct because Hi-Fi Rush is literally like my personality at this point. it's such a fucking good game to just casually shadowdrop and you don't get a lot of First Party shadowdrops in this day and age.

Sony's SoP was just boring and I honestly predicted that

TGB86

Jan 27, 2021
I thought that was the best Nintendo Direct in years. I wish they would've shown a little more of Zelda, and it would've been nice had the starting lineup of GBA games been a little beefier, but it was otherwise basically perfect.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Nintendo for sure. They had so much good stuff in their direct: zelda, metroid, pikmin, layton, etc.
Microsoft was nice with Hi-Fi Rush too.

Spartacris

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Nintendo by far. They have a clear strategy and their marketing centers around these presentations.

Xbox was fine but too manicured and sterile for my liking.

Sunny is a mess.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
b19624f44ecec705ca1b06112de2eeb9_w200.gif

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo was fine, Xbox didn't have anything new for me except Hi-Fi Rush which was "just" good and Sony was pointless and an embarrassment for their newly launched VR platform.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
nintendo wins just for metroid, havent had a chance to dig into hifi rush though.

dont know what the hell sony is doing

Gorgyles

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 16, 2023
The Nintendo one featured several games I'm buying
The Sony one featured a couple games I'm buying

KeyChainDude

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo: Metroid shadowdrop
Xbox: Hi-Fi Rush shadowdrop

Sony: Half an hour wasted + some Capcom good trailers.