• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
People are really excited fo PS5.
The logo on Insta is just the proxy way you can show it.

1578411674-img-9527.jpeg

1578411674-img-9528.jpeg

In 15 hours, Sony did a 4x in engagement with a stupid logo versus Microsoft with a full design reveal, in a month. Puts things back in perspective.

People can twist it all they want...Playstation as a brand is much more known worldwide than Xbox and creats a lot more hype. And that's not changing anytime soon.
And uploading a single logo in my opinion is hype, honestly. It's the biggest tease you can do

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Having a preference is fine.
Not liking the logo is also fine.

But to dictate what they need to do with the logo to be successful is pure hilarity.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Congrats to everyone who was successfully able to point out that PlayStation is a big brand and therefore has a lot of social media engagement.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
i echoe people who want the colored logo back <3

The colored logo hasn't gone anywhere, they just showed off a monochromatic logo because it's easier to display & read a white logo on a black background. They'll still have a lots of blue in their promotional materials.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
engagement! we've moved on from the product and now....we had MAUs...now ....Engagement fam...How much engagement did your favorite brand have...let's load up the twitter analytics!

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's why I wrote "consoles". Their handhelds had strange naming since the PSP Go.
Forgot all about the Go, lol.

Glad they stick with simple names for the home consoles though, part of the reason the brand is so well known and why a new console can drive up so much engagement.

On a separate note, lol at the posters getting annoyed about people talking about analytics. Those stats are important when it comes to brand awareness and engagement but you keep pretending it's just meaningless console fanboy talk.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Sony got Polyphony to do some design work for that electric car

I bet they would be pissed if they didnt.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Sony out of left field announces they are in the car business, but a thread about them changing the 4 to a 5 on their console logo is on track to outpace it lol

Last edited:

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
The engagement numbers are representative of the market. I personally think Microsoft shouldn't have revealed the console without being ready to really talk about it. For the average person out there now, it's a mystery box with a confusing name.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Sony out of left field announces they are in the car business, but a thread about them changing the 4 to a 5 on their console logo is on track to outpace it lol

I'm pretty sure the car was just more of a demo of the technology Sony can offer for car technology rather than them getting in the car business. Anyways... it's a game forum, do you not expect people to be super excited about the game related news?

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
1578411674-img-9527.jpeg

1578411674-img-9528.jpeg

In 15 hours, Sony did a 4x in engagement with a stupid logo versus Microsoft with a full design reveal, in a month. Puts things back in perspective.
Wow. This is actually a pretty strong data point to think about. It really does point to just how strong the Playstation brand is.

to be fair, playstation also has more than twice the followers.
Which is also a relevant data point when looking at the strength of both brands.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
To be fair Xbox is pretty much non existent to a lot of WW market, not sure why the brand doesn't have much appeal outside of it's main western market.

The Xbox was seen pretty much from the beginning as a product from and for the anglo saxon market. Also, the Playstation did quite a good job in establishing itself in the European market. Besides the wide-range of games offered I recall that, in Spain, prior to the Playstation, many games were not localised, whereas they started to be by that era. I think a similar thing happened in other European countries. As a kid I recall that a console was called called by the casuals "a Nintendo", but by mid-2000s that had changed to Playstation. The 360 bucked the trend for a while, but the One basically killed it.

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
design as expression of continuity

3rd parties can now start using the correct logo on their marketing going forwards