• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Look here you damn city slickers back in my day we had faith dammit. WE HAD HOPE WE HAD CONVICTION WE HAD A DREAM GOD DAMMIT. TEAM2019 WILL RIDE OFF IN THE SUNSET MARK MY WORDS
We learn from failure, not from success!

LONG LIVE THE DREAM​

team2019 has spirit and soul, team2020 is just a dead husk full of cynicism. They are the modern day version of the holy inquisition.

Testobjekt

Jan 23, 2018
Germany
1. Zhuge make a post "Today will be fun", everyone freaks out. Aquisitions? Bloodborne 2? PS5?

2. Two tweets from "insiders"(?) hints at something being drop today that could have implications on next gen and it will create A LOT of discussion, people freak out again

3. Zhuge says he is not sure those tweets are related to what the hinted

4. Theories everywhere. PSNow streaming partnership with Google and Amazon? Backward compatibility? Disney buying Sony?

5. Someone discovered Shu is in France and a tweet from a guy makes everyone thinks it is Quantic Dream aquisition

6. That theory is put aside when people cant see the effects on next gen of that decision. Now people suddenly thinks Microsoft is buying Insomniac.

7. Someone posts a reddit print from yesterday in which an "insider" said Sony would announce today they arent going to attend E3 2019. Panic. PS5 in 2019 confirmed? No, PS5 in 2020 CONFIRMED! Team 19 vs 20 fights again.

8. Here we are still waiting

tenor.gif

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Considering his tease specifically mentions next generation, I'm starting to think we might be getting a teaser announcement video for the PlayStation 5 for 2020 and beyond. Aside that, PSX in May 2019, big unannounced PS4 game, and something big is happening today. Especially if it'll create discussion and mayhem according to all these hints.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering his tease specifically mentions next generation, I'm starting to think we might be getting a teaser announcement video for the PlayStation 5 for 2020 and beyond. Aside that, PSX in May 2019, big unannounced PS4 game, and something big is happening today. Especially if it'll create discussion and mayhem according to all these hints.

That's a good possibility, and it would negate the bad news of no E3.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
A digital only PS4, no disc drive, $129.99 + 3 month subscription to PSNow and PS+

Generates discussion for next gen possibly going digital only and a new PS4 console for the 5th anniversary.

I dunno, just talking out my ass.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
PSX never made sense in December. You basically have the last 7 months stacked conferences. Feb-March for PSX, and you spread your information throughout the entire year and are always in the news.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Whatever it is I am ready to run for the happening bunker.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

They'll sure announce Ps5 1 day before Black Friday Week, makes perfect sense.

Oct 27, 2017
Jason is just part of the ruse, you naive little sheeple. If it was so obvious that Hannibal would cross the Alps why didn't the Romans prepare for it? Fiddles were invented for guys like you!

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I mean more than #team2019 or #team2020(21) shouldn't we be #TeamTruth?

We should look at the evidence objectively and try to inferr the answer from there. I was 2019 until the evidence no longer supports that, so now I think it will be 2020(21).

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Sony are skipping E3 then PS5 coming out next year makes literally no sense. I'm not sure how one could come to that conclusion.

I mean I'm quite confident 2020 is a lock for PS5, but if an announcement that Sony is skipping E3 comes today (I doubt it will), wouldn't they want to have more positive news with it to soften the blow?

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 is not coming out in 2019. TLOU P2 will be the last hurrah for PS4 but backward compatibility will make it work with enhancements like full native 4K and AF/AO etc on PS5, so it will be essentially a remaster. But it will be out before the PS5. I expect PS5 in 2020 at the earliest.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I mean I'm quite confident 2020 is a lock for PS5, but if an announcement that Sony is skipping E3 comes today (I doubt it will), wouldn't they want to have more positive news with it to soften the blow?

I'm not even factoring in the E3 rumor cause Zhuge isn't the one who backed that. It was heavily implied that whatever is happening today will create discussion about the next generation. That's why I think they're revealing the PS5 today or something big is happening pertaining to that, along with other things.

Deep Friar

Mar 17, 2018

None of that makes any sense. They wouldn't tease new hardware 2 years in advance.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to think the fact that they didn't announce it today means there probably isn't a silver lining to the news. PS4 has it's 5th anniversary today, and announcing that they're an E3 no-show would probably be the real news of the week rather than the deals they want to promote.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Wow we went from Train Hype to "Sony doesn't have enough studios and won't be at E32019" quickly eh?

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn it, so not only have we still not heard the Sony news, we're also still waiting on whatever Rösti was talking about. Come on now.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
None of that makes any sense. They wouldn't tease new hardware 2 years in advance.

What they can do depends on whatever they are thinking. If they think announcing PS5 now makes sense for the future of PlayStation, they're going to do just that. It's not like it hasn't happened before when people have teased consoles and handhelds for the future.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I always thought the idea of 2019 being the PS5 launch was ridiculous. They have all this momentum still, they have huge exclusives that still don't even have a release date, and Kodera made it pretty clear in interviews that they still had plans for ps4 over the next few years.

Not to mention that important factor that the tech gap just isn't wide enough yet to justify a new console. Especially when you consider what a truly next gen leap costs in the graphics card department right now.

We still need at least two years before it really makes sense. I'm voting late 2020 at earliest maybe even early to mid 2021.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I heard a rumour that Sony is Skipping having any announcement today..... /s

I'm getting really bored, and bored of these little hints that insiders give. I appreciate they might not want to give the full details, but even a basic clue would prevent so much silly all over the place stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
New theory: Zhuge looked at this board, saw the MS thread at OT3 and the Sony thread at OT2 and felt the need to restore the cosmic balance...the rest is pure magical genius.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Why would Sony release the PS5 in 2019 when they can sell Tsushima, TLOU2 and DS PS4 bundles? Unless those 3 are cross gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.