• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018

yes, and I wish it would stop.

That's not the fault of anyone here. Tell that to those coming in from the other side bringing this here. This is a Sony thread. Not Microsoft thread. Microsoft people coming in here now of all times after yesterday...it's obvious what the agenda here is and what's going on, but I'm not going to say much more. No reason too.

I agree. They should stop.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Infected by far. There should be some significant improvements with the AI and maybe a new type of infected. I wouldn't be surprised if they say we won't play as Joel in the game because this is "Ellie's story" with the intention of keeping it under wraps, like the winter section. Just have an infected gameplay trailer and at the end reveal Joel rendered in the improved engine.

I do wonder how they are going to introduce a new infected type without fucking up the game's established lore.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Just speculation. I think it is pretty safe we are going to get something TLOU2 though. Also Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima. No PSX means Sony will probably want to have a big presence there.

Sony is definitely going to be at TGA in a big way considering they missed PSX. Probably with all three TloU, DS, and Ghost. Maybe more.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Sony is definitely going to be at TGA in a big way considering they missed PSX. Probably with all three TloU, DS, and Ghost. Maybe more.

I mean, if they had all of these prime content they would have had their own show

Death Strading (and maybe news on the Dreams beta) is all I'm expecting

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I mean, if they had all of these prime content they would have had their own show

They missed PSX because they just didn't have enough to warrant an entire show. Three games aren't an entire show so I'm sure they could fit that into the TGA. DS and Dreams seem obvious, maybe Medievil too. But TloU and Ghost seem likely to me. Plus whatever else they have. There's going to be surprises here as noted by Geoff. I'm thinking we might finally see what Bluepoint has been working on.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018

I think Sony needs to announce something new. TLOU 2 and Death Stranding were revealed 2 years ago.
I don't think the new game from Sorrento City will be at TGA, but maybe Bloodborne 2. It could be the best place to announce it.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

No not really they still have plenty of games coming out they can show

Days Gone
Dreams
MediEvil
Concrete Genie
Ghosts of Tsushima
Death Stranding
Last of Us Part 2
MLB the Show 2019
Everybody's Golf VR
Blood & Truth

Last edited:

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018

Days Gone
Dreams
MediEvil
Concrete Genie
Ghosts of Tsushima
Detah Stranding
Last of Us Part 2
MLB the Show 2019

Don't forget the possible chance of FFVII:R. So they definitely have a good amount they could potentially show from. This is their chance to sell a big group of people on Days Gone and Dreams so I expect them to show up.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For TGA, Death Stranding is guaranteed. I think we'll see MLB 19, Days Gone, Dreams and maybe another smaller title or two. I'm not expecting Ghost of Tsushima or TLOUP2.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I think Sony needs to announce something new. TLOU 2 and Death Stranding were revealed 2 years ago.
I don't think the new game from Sorrento City will be at TGA, but maybe Bloodborne 2. It could be the best place to announce it.
They announced enough games devs are not machines they cant just pull something out of thin air.

All their studios release games or working on games

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I really don't think they're going to announce Bloodborne 2 with Sekiro coming down the pike. That's if it's even in production at all.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Sony need to announce much in the way of new games at this stage, they've got enough coming out in the next couple of years with major titles like Days Gone and Dreams at the least. If they do reveals for new titles I hope they pull off what they did with Horizon with a good trailer and lengthy gameplay, that is still my favourite new IP reveal this generation.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I don't want any new creature reveals. I wanna be suprised when I play and get jumped by a Clicker Dog.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I don't think Sony need to announce much in the way of new games at this stage, they've got enough coming out in the next couple of years with major titles like Days Gone and Dreams at the least. If they do reveals for new titles I hope they pull off what they did with Horizon with a good trailer and lengthy gameplay, that is still my favourite new IP reveal this generation.
So good my dumb ass thought it was heavily scripted/kinda fake.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
They missed PSX because they just didn't have enough to warrant an entire show. Three games aren't an entire show so I'm sure they could fit that into the TGA. DS and Dreams seem obvious, maybe Medievil too. But TloU and Ghost seem likely to me. Plus whatever else they have. There's going to be surprises here as noted by Geoff. I'm thinking we might finally see what Bluepoint has been working on.

Days Gone
Dreams
MediEvil
Concrete Genie
Ghosts of Tsushima
Death Stranding
Last of Us Part 2
MLB the Show 2019
Everybody's Golf VR

I'm a big fan of setting expectations low for these kinds of things, so that's more where I'm coming from. We'll see

Having 1-3 trailers is a lot different than putting on a multi-day fan event.

You need 0 trailers to host a multi-day fan event, I'm just talking about a showcase/opening ceremony. Which they have done with similar or even less first-party content than that

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it time for Ueda and Team Gravity to show some stuff?

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
This place should be locked everytime phil spencer raises his one hand and start talking. And make that lock for a week at least.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
No way Bloodborne 2 (if in development) gets announced before Sekiro releases. That would be a good way to undermine your new AAA action game.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a big fan of setting expectations low for these kinds of things, so that's more where I'm coming from. We'll see

You need 0 trailers to host a multi-day fan event, I'm just talking about a showcase/opening ceremony. Which they have done with similar or even less first-party content than that
Yeah I dont expect much until 2019 but I doubt they miss out on showing a few things.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want any new creature reveals. I wanna be suprised when I play and get jumped by a Clicker Dog.

Noooo! Dogs are too good to be clickerfied. Cats on the other hand...

For TGA I think Sony will have trailers for Death Stranding, Dreams (where's the beta?!) and Days Gone. Would love to see TLoU but I don't know if Sony would want to show it and DG together.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I guess I just don't understand your point then. You replied to a post that hoped for 3 trailers by saying they would have had their own event if they had that and then replied to me saying they don't actually need any trailers to host an event.

Layden said PSX wasn't happening because they didn't feel they had enough to show. 1-3 trailers, IMO, isn't enough to anchor PSX but would be a reasonable expectation to have a presence at TGA.

"But we wouldn't have enough to bring people all together in some location North America to have that event. We don't want to set expectations really high and then not deliver on that. It was a hard decision, but we have determined that this year we will not hold PlayStation Experience.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm all about just putting us into the game like God of War and Horizon did. Trailers that don't feature actual gameplay can't get me excited in 2018 and into 2019. Especially if it's new IP.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Isn't it time for Ueda and Team Gravity to show some stuff?

Need more time. Ueda just started so that's almost definitely a PS5 game. Team Gravity is Japan Studio. If Japan Studio is busy doing something else, say Bloodborne 2 or whatever it maybe, they aren't making something else.

I'm pretty sure Bluepoint and Japan Studio are working on a remake of Demon's Souls. That's been rumored and floating around for awhile.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I think Death Stranding is very likely, but beyond that, I don't know. Like Dreams if they're ready to announce the beta? I'd think Sony would rather have Days Gone than TLoU2 there. I really doubt we see GoT.

It really depends on when PS5 is. If it's next year, sure, they might show all their big games, but if they need to coast for an entire year? They need to hold off on showing those games till E3 I think.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I just don't understand your point then. You replied to a post that hoped for 3 trailers by saying they would have had their own event if they had that and then replied to me saying they don't actually need any trailers to host an event.

fair questioning.

With your reply it makes it seem that to have any kind of media showcase, they would also need a multi-day fan event alongside it. Which is not necessary, the showcase could happen with no fan-event whatsoever, and a fan-event doesn't need a showcase to happen. If they wanted to keep only the ceremony aspect of PSX alive for this year, they could with these 3-4 first party titles people are hoping for TGA (and of course they would have gone after third-parties too), and if they wanted to keep the show floor aspect for this year without any conference, they could have too

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK

I wouldn't put a rubber stamp on your expectations for this, otherwise we'll head into "WHERE WAS SONY AT THE GAME AWARDS?" territory. I absolutely think they could show any of those three games, but equally they might decide to just shut up shop until E3 next year and really go big there.

I personally think we'll see at least one of those three and Dreams at The Game Awards.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I think the only aqusition that makes sense if they want to go all out is Capcom. It is well aligned with playstation's legacy. It's a treasure trove of IPs and would provide them steady AA content. Of course I am not sure if that is even possible but yeah otherwise just do what they are doing.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I think the only aqusition that makes sense if they want to go all out is Capcom. It is well aligned with playstation's legacy. It's a treasure trove of IPs and would provide them steady AA content. Of course I am not sure if that is even possible but yeah otherwise just do what they are doing.
This would cost so much money and I don't think it's worth. I mean, of course, DmC or Resident Evil are fantastic franchises but cannot imagine how much money they would need for it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

I think Sony's "new" announcements are being saved for the PS5. The list of games they've released from 2013 to 2018 is incredible, 2019's already stacked, and we can assume some of those games are 2020. Something's gotta be in the pipeline for the next console.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
In terms of big buys, beyond the scope of SIE, Kadokawa is the one I'd think. There's no studio with the productivity, fiscal restraint and game design influence more potent than From in the last ten years, and there's no studio that would garner stronger support within the early adopter/core demographic.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Speaking about prices/money... In a parallel world, it would be interesting to see SIE receiving the same amount of money that Sony Music received to buy EMI earlier this year (U$2.3 billion).

That's money to buy both Capcom and Konami at the same time.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Speaking about prices/money... In a parallel world, it would be interesting to see SIE receiving the same amount of money that Sony Music received to buy EMI earlier this year (U$2.3 billion).

That's money to buy both Capcom and Konami at the same time.
Nope, not even close. Capcom is 2.8b today, but if you want to buy out every shareholder, you'd need to come in way over current value.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I would rather Sony go after studios that are talented and proven but have struggled financially (pretty much what Microsoft did going after Obsidian and inXile)

With that in mind, Housemarque is the most fitting candidate. Sony could give them the stability they need to go back to those arcardey titles they were well known for.

Such a talented group with the capability of working on multiple projects at once and shipping titles rather quickly. Resogun was developed in 20 months, with a base team of 12 that scaled at most to 20 people. Outland was done in 22 months, and started with only 5 people growing to 13 eventually

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
BB 2 doesn't exist and Sony has nothing new to announce. All of the big projects will be revelead for PS5. At least that would be common sense.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
About new trailers:

The Last of Us Part II: I was so blown away from the gameplay reveal that I am even thinking to go on media blackout but I don't think I will be so strong. So I would like a Joel reveal trailer.

Ghost of Tsushima: I loved the gameplay reveal. What about the next trailer? A main mission gameplay or a way of the Ghost gameplay reveal? Probably they will show the Ghost gameplay later.

Death Stranding: Even if Kojima release an one hour uncut gameplay trailer I will probably have more questions than answers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.