• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think that even with all the studios MS bought up, not 1 game from any of those studios will be as good, or even do as good as Spiderman by its self. Not even bringing God Of War into the discussion. It takes years, to get your studio to make top tier games like Sony and Nintendo 1st party games.

This is very true, outside of Forza i'd be very surprised if all these studios suddenly churn out masterpieces that galvanise the industry.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
So, what's the first game, genre or idea you will work on in Dreams?

3rd person shooter in vein of Resident Evil 4/5, but without the tank movements.

At really high level of development skills in Dreams, maybe someone/group could copy closely of Uncharted 4/The Lost Legacy shooting animation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, what's the first game, genre or idea you will work on in Dreams?

I've done several game jams and I plan to convert some of my Unity demos to Dreams just to see how robust it truly is. I'm excited to see what this is like compared to an actual game engine and where the real limitations are.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
Yeah; agree with all this. Sony's been walking the walk while MS has been talking the talk.

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with - he was always 'busy' and 'looking harassed' saying he didn't have time to stop, was always on the move (etc).

Problem is he didn't actually seem to do anything (more than anyone else) - it was just the 'projection' he gave.

There's nothing I hate more than 'those guys' in the office that pace up and down the open plan office mentioning 'let me know by CoP' and 'I've got XXX riding on this' type of rubbish...I tend to find those making the most noise are actually doing the least work.

My manager once asked me 'Gary, we need to raise your profile - no-one knows what you do' - I simply stated that was my job - it's a support role and the system I support runs like clockwork because I work hard behind the scenes and the result is people don't need to chase me down to resolve issues therefore don't really know what I'm doing!

Oct 27, 2017
Funnily enough, I just got around to listening to PlayStation Blogcast 308 and in relation to Sid talking about new and interesting ways to interact with fans Shawn Layden offers this response:

Conversation starts at 11:50.

I wonder if that answer comes in response to criticism or if they have something new & exciting to talk about in the months to come.

What can be shared in the months to come that cannot be shared at PSX? Hmm

See now I'm satisfied. It had nothing to do with a panic studio buyout or some craziness like that. Just acknowledge that things have been quiet lately and that you are open to dialogue with your customers about your future plans instead of silence. Hype restored.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
Funnily enough, I just got around to listening to PlayStation Blogcast 308 and in relation to Sid talking about new and interesting ways to interact with fans Shawn Layden offers this response:

Conversation starts at 11:50.

I wonder if that answer comes in response to criticism or if they have something new & exciting to talk about in the months to come.

What can be shared in the months to come that cannot be shared at PSX? Hmm

PS5 ;)

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
With Naughty Dog it seems like people want them to make games in every genre and with every theme. Open-world, shared world shooter, sci-fi, RPG, fantasy etc. I don't think i've seen that with another studio. Where people want to see what they're able to do with this genre or this theme.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
With Naughty Dog it seems like people want them to make games in every genre and with every theme. Open-world, shared world shooter, sci-fi, RPG, fantasy etc. I don't think i've seen that with another studio. Where people want to see what they're able to do with this genre or this theme.
Because lately, ND is most known for their storytelling and pretty much all those genre could benefit from stronger writing.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Because lately, ND is most known for their storytelling and pretty much all those genre could benefit from stronger writing.

That and I think people want to see ND's tech and attention to detail in those genres. Although if they went open-world then I think we'd be looking at a Rockstar situation where it wouldn't come out for 5-6 years.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I chose Naughty Dog because they can make it have a great story (and world).

Alright, I can somewhat take back my aggressive reply, because I understand their storytelling touch can be beneficial to other types of games. I simply do not like the idea of them working on anything other than a third person adventure.

Also I personally feel like naughty dog gets singled out because their formula is so popular, yet doesn't connect with a lot of gamers who want less 'cinematic' in their video games. People would get all pissy if anyone says Bethesda or any other studio should follow what ND does.

Last edited:

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want an RPG from ND, a tighter not so open world one ala Mass Effect. How about Starlight Savage into a Mass Effect like game, that's so good.

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason I would want an open world game would be to see how ND would weave in and out side quests into a larger narrative.

But truth be told, I'm in for whatever ND makes at this point. Their stuff resonates with me too much.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The only reason I would want an open world game would be to see how ND would weave in and out side quests into a larger narrative.

But truth be told, I'm in for whatever ND makes at this point. Their stuff resonates with me too much.
Side Quests should be treated like Red Barron missions for the most part in open world games. Several missions within one focused story. Grabbing who gives a fuck for who gives a shit for a tedius 10 minute mission that gives you exp does nothing to me.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think Horizon's quests were great, I remember the ones I've tried all were tied to a story, they just need to work on that and do bigger things.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
I think Horizon's quests were great, I remember the ones I've tried all were tied to a story, they just need to work on that and do bigger things.
I loved Horizon, but some of the side-quests were really annoying and basic. If I recall correctly one of the guys working on them had an MMO background. And you could feel that.

Deleted member 1326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon would do well to add some kind of mini game. Those are great to make side quests more meaningful, a couple small quest lines and a longer one with some kind of championship would be cool.
It could be a board game, a mini rts, some kind of odd sport with recruiting involved (I love FF X blitzball lol).

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Sidequests on The Frozen Wilds were pretty good so I wouldn't worry too much.

Also, there were two in the original game that were good too: The Redmaw, and the Child King.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah they really ramped up the side-quests in The Frozen Wilds. Given that they're now much more experienced and have the general design of the series down, I think Horizon 2 will blow everything up; expecting really great side-quests with a much stronger supporting cast.

Can't wait.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
People wanting ND to do a Destiny like game remind me of Vince Gilligan's Battle Creek...not a good idea

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Loved the side quests in Frozen Wilds. Laulai is the best ever

maxresdefault.jpg

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Side Quests should be treated like Red Barron missions for the most part in open world games. Several missions within one focused story. Grabbing who gives a fuck for who gives a shit for a tedius 10 minute mission that gives you exp does nothing to me.
This. That's my main gripe with a lot of open world games, the side quests are typically boring because they're riddled with fetch quests. Or detective vision bullshit.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Guys, The Order and Killzone Shadow Fall are worth it these days?
They are two of the exclusive ones that I have not played yet, and both are on a sale on PSN... But I fear that they can maybe appear on PS+ in the coming months.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
They are two of the exclusive ones that I have not played yet, and both are on a sale on PSN... But I fear that they can maybe be some of monthly games on Plus in the coming months.

The Order 1886 is definetly worth a playthrough imo especially when you can get it at a discount.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
They are two of the exclusive ones that I have not played yet, and both are on a sale on PSN... But I fear that they can maybe be some of monthly games on Plus in the coming months.
I'd say 4 bucks for The Order is a fair price. You can go ahead and skip shadowfall tbh

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
They are two of the exclusive ones that I have not played yet, and both are on a sale on PSN... But I fear that they can maybe appear on PS+ in the coming months.
I loved Shadow Fall. Totally worth a look. And The Order is also worth it if you're only going to pay peanuts. I paid $20 for it and had a great time.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

There's one like that in Horizon, the Child Carja King one, with Vanasha, you have to do a couple of individual missions to finish that storyline, is probably the best in the game. Redmaw is cool too but you're required to do a lot of traditional things in the game.

The DLC have cool quests as well, mostly because the stories are good and cinematics and conversations are way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.