• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Killzone should go third person. It would elevate that IP to greater success I believe.
Nah, they should do a soft reboot (ala GOW 2018) and maybe even relegate it to PSVR/2. Switch it up and let us play as the Helghast. Kinda like what I wanted with Shadow Fall, show us both sides of the coin not just the "good guys".

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Maybe MS Azure is more experienced in game streaming solutions due to their work with Xbox?
Well, first, that's not what they said. MS is not 'the biggest cloud service provider'. Secondly, Xbox currently has no streaming solution, while Amazon has offered one for years.
Aside from that, I'm sure that MS has huge game streaming Knowhow, it's just that some people seem to forget that others do too.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of the shit people are tweeting to some of the devs personal twitter accounts is...... insane.
I'm sometimes really suprised why they don't simply quit their jobs in the gaming biz and leave.
I just read some tweets towards Cory Barlog and..... smfh. Some people are actually insane.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Open world RPG from Naughty Dog. I need it!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Well, first, that's not what they said. MS is not 'the biggest cloud service provider'. Secondly, Xbox currently has no streaming solution, while Amazon has offered one for years.
Aside from that, I'm sure that MS has huge game streaming Knowhow, it's just that some people seem to forget that others do too.

Where did I say MS is the biggest cloud service provider lol?

Amazon might have offered one for years but with the next Xbox rumoured to rely heavily on game streaming to push revenue it wouldn't be surprising if they're set to surpass AWS in that regard. Clearly Sony must have had some reason to choose Azure over AWS.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Where did I say MS is the biggest cloud service provider lol?

Amazon might have offered one for years but with the next Xbox rumoured to rely heavily on game streaming to push revenue it wouldn't be surprising if they're set to surpass AWS in that regard. Clearly Sony must have had some reason to choose Azure over AWS.
The person I quoted before said that. Sorry, thought that was you.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people only know him for the meme-y writing in Borderlands 2, but he also worked on Tales from the Borderlands. So he's capable of more than what many know him for. Still, with all the hirings going on at SSM, I wonder if he may be on board for something other than GoW2?
I've read it here once and it was an amazing idea: Cory Barlog SciFi horror Dead Space-ish game <3

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I've read it here once and it was an amazing idea: Cory Barlog SciFi horror Dead Space-ish game <3

What's interesting is that I don't think Cory's even hinted at what his new IP would be. He's thrown out that in the past he wanted to make a Mad Max game as well as a Superman game, but he hasn't really spoken about a specific type of original game he wanted to make even though he obviously has one in mind. So it could really be anything.

In the Raising Kratos documentary there was a point where Shannon spoke about how they became a 1.5 studio at one point. Where one full sized team was working on Internal-7, while Cory had a smaller team prepping GoW. So it makes me wonder if they'll do something like that with a new IP from him. Either his new IP starts with the full team while someone else is working on GoW2, or vice versa.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's interesting is that I don't think Cory's even hinted at what his new IP would be. He's thrown out that in the past he wanted to make a Mad Max game as well as a Superman game, but he hasn't really spoken about a specific type of original game he wanted to make even though he obviously has one in mind. So it could really be anything.

In the Raising Kratos documentary there was a point where Shannon spoke about how they became a 1.5 studio at one point. Where one full sized team was working on Internal-7, while Cory had a smaller team prepping GoW. So it makes me wonder if they'll do something like that with a new IP from him. Either his new IP starts with the full team while someone else is working on GoW2, or vice versa.
I want a 1st party horror game. The last one was Until Dawn, many years ago :/
Something like Dead Space would be awesome. Especially now after the IP died a horrible death.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Cory's also expressed interest in doing a Hawkeye game. Would be cool to see that from Ssscory.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Does it fix the Crater Lake performance issues?

Patch 1.08
Progression Issues
  • Fixed an issue where players wouldn't be able to save, fast travel, or pause after triggering the cinematic to "I've Had Better Days"
  • Fixed the issue that prevented players from completing "Afraid of a Little Competition?". Players may need to move as far back to where the Bounty Collector Merchant resides and return to the mission objective to trigger the cinematic
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete "Searching For Lisa". Players that were impacted will now see the Mission Complete screen
General Fixes
  • Overall improvements have been made to streaming and performance
  • Audio desync issue during cinematics have been resolved
  • Auto-save function will now save the correct number of saves to your save cloud account
    • With this update, we did not delete any of your current auto-saves. You can go into (Settings) > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Auto-Upload] to manage your auto-saves for Days Gone
    • The game should no longer crash when attempting to overwrite the oldest auto-save
  • Patch updates now retain your Difficulty settings
  • Fixed various bugs and miscellaneous crashes

https://www.reddit.com/r/DaysGone/comments/bplwz9/days_gone_108_patch_notes/

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
NDs strength is characters and the good paced simple gameplay/experience.

why bother with an open world RPG?
RPGs don't have memorable characters?

I don't understand why Naughty Dog, or any developer for that matter, has to make one type of gameplay experience over and over again for all eternity. Shouldn't we encourage studios to branch out of their comfort zone every now and then to make some different for a change?

Status
Not open for further replies.