• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The Last of Us news, Spidey goes back to the MCU and I got some great news at work. Holy shit we fucking partying this whole weekend!

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Expected but I hope the new deal allows Sony to make their own separate Spider-Man movies at the same time. Like Spider-Man 4 :p

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Updated Phase 4 schedule:
  • May 1, 2020: Black Widow
  • Nov. 6, 2020: The Eternals movie
  • Feb. 12, 2021: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  • May 7, 2021: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  • July 16, 2021: Spider-Man 3
  • Nov. 5, 2021: Thor 4: Love and Thunder
Whew, 4 MCU in 2021. Please be the new standard.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
25% plus keeping ALL the merchandising revenue means Disney stands to profit more from this.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Not to "toot my own horn" (because Doom toots as he pleases) but it was pretty obvious this was going to happen eventually.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yayyyyyyyy

Deal is a little short, though. Hopefully they can agree to more long term shit before this blows up again. I'd love to see Tom Holland continue to grow and mature as Spider-Man.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Yayyyyyyyy

Deal is a little short, though. Hopefully they can agree to more long term shit before this blows up again. I'd love to see Tom Holland continue to grow and mature as Spider-Man.
Even if this is it, we'll at least get an actual ending for this storyline and Holland's version of Spiderman. That alone is great.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Even if this is it, we'll at least get an actual ending for this storyline and Holland's version of Spiderman. That alone is great.

Are we though?

Unless they know going into making the film they probably won't make it a conclusive end ever considering the way they like to setup and build for the future

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Are we though?

Unless they know going into making the film they probably won't make it a conclusive end ever considering the way they like to setup and build for the future
I'm assuming them only negotiating 1 solo film and 1 future MCU film (as opposed to the previous 5 films), that this is it for now.

At the very least the trilogy will end with the same people, which is more than we had yesterday. So I'm hoping it'll end satisfying.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they figured it out. I kind of felt in the back of my mind, they would eventually.

Well this sucks, was hoping we wouldn't see more of Iron Man Jr, The Highschool Years and actually maybe get a Spidey even close to the level of the PS4 game Spidey.
Holland was slated to continue as Spider-Man even after the split so you still wouldn't have got what you wanted (thankfully imo).

Deleted member 14887

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Drive by trolling
Good now maybe we can focus on climate change now that this crisis has been resolved

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
8bczyj61.gif

Thank you for posting this

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Great give him a send off into the Spidey verse at end of movie so at least his character can wrap up. Sony can fuck it up after that.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
By 2021, the Netflix contract will be gone right? Spidey sure can use an attorney.
standard_fantastic.jpg

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

MCU fans getting their PS4 out of the trash.

Glad it's not ending on a cliffhanger. Looks like Venom 2 won't be re-written to incorporate Spider-Man.

I wonder if it'll end allowing them to do a time skip with a new actor. Or give us Ben Reilly that Sony can use in their universe. Does Feige contribute to Venom 2? Wish the details were revealed.

Sony has always owned Tom Holland Spider-Man not Disney.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like it, and it allows Sony to use Tom Holland in their own stuff at the same time.

(Kraven is definitely happening now)

Where does it say that?

Why would the Kevin Feige statement mention multiverses if they are intending for Sony's films to be in the MCU?

I think you've got it backwards.

It would be too smart for Feige to use Charlie Cox in the MCU.......
They prob go with Affleck... :-/

Well it was his most critically acclaimed superhero role.