• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what deal they came up with this time, I'm gonna guess something like a 90/10 Sony/Marvel co-finance deal.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm shocked. Shocked!

Well, not that shocked.

Money always talks in the end and they both stand to make more together than they do apart.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I told you guys that there's way too much money involved for both parties to go their separate ways.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I hope Sony didnt have to give up more % of profits. Not that it matters to us but Disney's original request was bs. Like they make billions, they need this other thing to rake the cash in from as well. (Greed)

Good to know Spidey will still be around in the MCU but they literally just told everyone he will also be in the SCU which is interesting.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony Pictures Presents: Trouble: "And Tony Makes Three!"
CEZ1bcAWAAAVBXE.png

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
To all the people who were gloating over Spidey being taken away from the MCU :

tenor.gif

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling that they plan on letting sony do whatever they want with spiderman after this contract is over. But have it be explained through multiverse storylines. Everyone wins. spiderman can be trapped in sony universe or something.
Even if they do that, wouldn't that make Sony's universe be part of the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse?

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
Baby I am on the MCU side, but let's never forget Fiege tried to tell us after FAR FROM HOME ENDING that it was an end of a story arc and they did everything they wanted

Nigga that man was on a tight schedule what was he gonna do? Embarass his camp and whine about how sony stopped his bag??

Anyways lets celebrate we won and thats all that matters, my twitter is in absolute shambles but imma dance all around that baby!!

BYbL.gif

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wait, Deadline is reporting that the deal is the same 75/25 deal that Disney originally offered, if so I wonder what changed.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Disney needs to stop playing and make Kevin Feige the Chief Creative Officer for the whole company

Anything he touches is gold.

The MCU ✅
Saving the Sony deal ✅
Saving the Fox properties ✅
Saving Star Wars ❓
Gave Disney Live Action their two biggest hits by being the one who first trusted Jon Favreau ✅

He may not look it from his Marvel Studios perch but his fingers are in everything now.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic. Feige's statement is interesting. I'd love to see them use these films to craft an event that definitively separates the properties again with a satisfying narrative conclusion. And I can think of a comics storyline that would definitely fit the criteria: Secret Wars.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wait, Deadline is reporting that the deal is the same 75/25 deal that Disney originally offered, if so I wonder what changed.
Disney wanted this split for all Sony Spider-Man movies including venom, morbius, spiderverse etc... which is what Sony was not ok with. This new deal is just for the third solo Spider-Man movie and looks like Sony also gets to use Spider-Man in their movies.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The absurd and complete bullshit co-financing bit.
Deadline is saying that it is the original 75/25 co-financing deal.

Disney wanted this split for all Sony Spider-Man movies including venom, morbius, spiderverse etc... which is what Sony was not ok with. This new deal is just for the third solo Spider-Man movie and looks like Sony also gets to use Spider-Man in their movies.
It's not just for a third solo film though, he will also appear in future MCU movies.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be surprised if this Spidey is only in the MCU for one more Avengers film. I reckon they'll continue to work together for at least a few more movies.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Sony didnt have to give up more % of profits. Not that it matters to us but Disney's original request was bs. Like they make billions, they need this other thing to rake the cash in from as well. (Greed)

Good to know Spidey will still be around in the MCU but they literally just told everyone he will also be in the SCU which is interesting.
Im not gonna say it wasnt greedy to request a bigger cut, but Disney needs incentives for Marvel Studios to keep making movies for another distributor. This relationship isnt meant to last forever and Disney is more likely to bow out of the agreement every time it expires because it makes sense.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
25% cofinancing, which is different. Disney now has actual creative control over the movies. Goes beyond just profits
Correction. My apologies everyone, Variety updated their article. It's 25% profits plus 25% cofinancing
In exchange for lending Feige's producing prowess, Marvel and Disney will receive roughly 25% of the profits, according to insiders. Disney will retain its merchandising rights and will put up roughly a quarter of the financing. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
To all the people who were gloating over Spidey being taken away from the MCU :

tenor.gif
Feige really took their one bag huh???? Now what do they have to use against the mcu cause this just brings in ANOTHER fucking "soulless" movie in the coming year, the mcu really isn't letting them breath.
I LOVE this song
tenor.gif

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Glad cooler heads prevailed, I'm sure the fan pressure on all fronts made both companies figure out a way to make this happen.