• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There are again more hints suggesting Sony is interested in acquiring Remedy.

So today gurrila games tweeted about control and remedy and in the tweet there was a picture . If you zoom in on the bottom part of the picture , remedy has written gurrial games you are awesome. thank you gurrila games for all your help along the way to us.

This would be Abit weird if GG randomly helped Remedy if Sony wasn't interested in the studio.

What do you think

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

So today gurrila games tweeted about control and remedy and in the tweet there was a picture . If you zoom in on the bottom part of the picture , remedy has written gurrial games you are awesome. thank you gurrila games for all your help along the way to us.

This would be Abit weird if GG randomly helped Remedy if Sony wasn't interested in the studio.

What do you think

Developers help each other all the time. They visit each other, share tech info etc. They even go to GDC keynotes and discuss share thought processes with each other.

I think what you should be pointing out is one of the Remedy guys tweeting "See you soon" to Shuhei Yoshida. They're definitely working together in some capacity.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Developers help each other all the time. They visit each other, share tech info etc. They even go to GDC keynotes and discuss share thought processes with each other.
Hmm a first party this much invovled in a 3rd party ? This was not an event but simply gurrila helping remedy with their engine I m assuming .

Edit:

Just saw your edit Kyoufu . I haven't seen that lol. There is definitely something happening between the 2. Maybe a ps5 exclusive or studio acquisition

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017

What do you think

Keep in mind Remedy had no experience with PS4 development since they've been partnered with MS for the last decade.

I can't remember a time when Sony acquired a developer without working with them as a publisher on at least one game. I'm guessing what happens next is that Sony publishes Remedy's next game and if that goes well then Sony might bring them in to the family.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Keep in mind Remedy had no experience with PS4 development since they've been partnered with MS for the last decade.

I can't remember a time when Sony acquired a developer without working with them as a publisher on at least one game. I'm guessing what happens next is that Sony publishes Remedy's next game and if that goes well then Sony might bring them in to the family.
Most probably.and apparently Remedy has tweeted to shuhei see you soon.shuhei doesn't randomly meet 3rd parties number of times

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
There is a lot of smoke around PlayStation and Remedy right now that's for sure. It's just a matter of time to see whether there is a fire there or not.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Most probably.and apparently Remedy has tweeted to shuhei see you soon.shuhei doesn't randomly meet 3rd parties number of times

Yoshida does visit with third-party developers when they are interested in a potential publishing deal. Hence my suggestion that Sony will likely be the publisher for their next game.

Aug 26, 2019
Any chance Control is a smaller project for Remedy, and they're actually already at work on a game published by Sony? Sort of like how Spider-Man was in development prior to R&C (smaller project) releasing.

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance Control is a smaller project for Remedy, and they're actually already at work on a game published by Sony? Sort of like how Spider-Man was in development prior to R&C (smaller project) releasing.

They are making the single player for some MMO called Crossfire too. I think whatever they are working on with Sony is not very far along.

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder how they view Control at Remedy in terms of project size.

Anyone know how long they worked on Control?

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

They are showing off a prototype for a new project to potential publishers, but they've also said they aren't in a hurry to sign with just anyone.

They currently have Crossfire X in development, Vanguard (multiplayer) and the above mentioned project.

There could be a secret fourth project, but I don't believe they are big enough to handle that many.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i know this is kind of a weird suggestion, but i still think that sony as a whole should consider acquiring Kadokawa, their market cap is below 1B$, they can help in sony's push for media more and they will also get from software for SIE.

"allowing"
lmao, have you heard about this thing called a contract? also bleeding edge was in development long before the MS acquisition and it is a MS exclusive.
lol Kadokawa is one of Japan's more notable media conglomerates. Why would Sony spend around 2 billion on a Japan-centric media company that has a very small division dedicated to some game publishing? (it's worth about 1.9 billion)

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
lol Kadokawa is one of Japan's more notable media conglomerates. Why would Sony spend around 2 billion on a Japan-centric media company that has a very small division dedicated to some game publishing? (it's worth about 1.9 billion)

Let's entertain this for a bit - if Sony was interested in a Kadokawa acquisition, it's not solely for FROM Software, but to continue expanding their current IP/media focused investments across Sony Music/TV/Pictures/Aniplex/etc.

Oct 25, 2017

Content. Sony media isn't just games. I know Jack shit about Kadowaka though so I have no idea if they are worth acquiring in total.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
I know the relationship didn't end well but I would like Sony to give Ready At Dawn a second chance, I think that the studio has a lot of potential.