• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Important quote -

"I think the best way that we can address this is by providing the best possible value proposition that we can. I don't necessarily mean lowest price. Value is a combination of many things. In our area it means games, it means number of games, depth of games, breadth of games, quality of games, price of games... all of these things and how they avail themselves of the feature set of the platform."

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
So glad they are focusing on next gen exclusives. Wanna see what Devs can do without being held back.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
"That's the challenge I've set the teams: try to get that community, the 100 million people -- and all of the people who don't have a PlayStation we'd like to talk to -- just as excited as if they were in the E3 auditorium, or if they were watching the stream."
Good decision. I bet Sony is looking at E3 presentations of recent years and wanting to replicate the levels of excitement that really makes it feel like a shared experience. It's tough to execute on that right now, so I'm not surprised they're hesitant.
Knew it.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ratchet1.0.gif

Its time for them to come back

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
So glad they are focusing on next gen exclusives. Wanna see what Devs can do without being held back.

100% agree. It is definitely not everyone's preference I understand but really investing in next gen rather than committing to years of cross gen titles is a huge plus to me.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
"Breadth of games" - I guess if we're willing to speculate pricing based on this comment why not also speculate the possible BC implications.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
wtf? lol

who else is releasing exclusives on PC?
Microsoft.

That being said, It's Sony's choice, and if they think it makes most business sense for them, so be it. I'm not gonna "expect" them to port everything to PC.

I'm just happy we're getting Horizon Zero Dawn on Steam. If they. wanna put more interesting games on PC, I'll probably buy them. If not, plenty of other stuff to play.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like no first-party crossgen games are planned.

Thank God, don't want their premier stuff held back by old hardware.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thank you Jimbo! Exclusives games developed from the ground up on PS5 is what I want! This is a policy I'm happy to put full support on. Thank you.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Super curious to see if/how game design is affected when they don't even have to consider having their games run on anything other than the SSD in the PS5.

Oct 27, 2017
"We have always said that we believe in generations. We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include. And that, in our view, people should make games that can make the most of those features.

For everyone in the GT7 thread saying it would totally makes sense for it to release on PS4.

Sony will not make any cross gen exclusive games.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Microsoft.

That being said, It's Sony's choice, and if they think it makes most business sense for them, so be it. I'm not gonna "expect" them to port everything to PC.

I'm just happy we're getting Horizon Zero Dawn on Steam. If they. wanna put more interesting games on PC, I'll probably buy them. If not, plenty of other stuff to play.
Yeah, I agree. Horizon Zero Dawn is a nice surprise. But I would not expect other exclusives to come to PC. And if they do, it's a nice surprise. If you want those exclusives you should just buy a PS5 instead of holding out hope for a PC release though.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 games with expected sequels on PS5 make the absolute most sense for candidates to release on PC right now. Get a bigger audience invested in the game world and maybe they'll spring for a PS5 to play the next entry if it's only available there.

So expect a Knack and Knack 2 collection on PC in advance of Knack 3.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft.

Have fun with Horizon. It really is a good game and I am glad that more people will get to experience it. If I were a betting man I'd say it will not be the last Sony game to appear on PC eventually so I hope you get to play some more.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
"We have always said that we believe in generations. We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include. And that, in our view, people should make games that can make the most of those features.

"We do believe in generations, and whether it's the DualSense controller, whether it's the 3D audio, whether it's the multiple ways that the SSD can be used... we are thinking that it is time to give the PlayStation community something new, something different, that can really only be enjoyed on PS5."

CJYDxhU.gif

QBizM

Oct 25, 2017
No matter how nicely he tries to frame this, it's still a pretty scumbag move on Sony's part to not release their exclusives on PC.
What in the world? If this isn't /s, you should be ashamed of yourself. Sony owes you, and by extension, PC players nothing.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
It's time to give fans something that can only be enjoyed on Playstation 5

Is music to my ears. I'm glad somebody gets it.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
God of War 2 and Spider-man 2 are my games of the gen already

WildEagle18

Feb 22, 2018

"We do believe in generations, and whether it's the DualSense controller, whether it's the 3D audio, whether it's the multiple ways that the SSD can be used... we are thinking that it is time to give the PlayStation community something new, something different, that can really only be enjoyed on PS5."

hypethruster.gif

Let the third party handle the cross-gen games. Bring on those 1st party ps5 exclusive.