Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
https://www.cnet.com/news/sony-ceo-says-you-cant-have-cross-play-because-playstation-is-the-best/

today, Sony CEO Kenichiro Yoshida reportedly told the press that his company generally doesn't believe in the idea of opening up the PlayStation to cross-platform multiplayer.

"On cross-platform, our way of thinking is always that PlayStation is the best place to play. Fortnite, I believe, partnered with PlayStation 4 is the best experience for users, that's our belief," he said, according to The Independent.

I guess it isn't happening any time soon.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
We got a thread about this and got derrailed pretty hard. So this might get locked.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There was already a locked thread :/ Just like with most things, some people can't fathom that a person or company they like can say or do things that aren't good for them.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It's true, but not in the way he describes. It's self-fulfilling, as a reluctance to embrace cross-play makes the PS4 a prime platform to play Fortnite on with friends.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Hahaha i was expecting a BS statement like that and the sad part is that people are going to defend this anyway.

This is the Sony of the late PS2 era, that really needed a punch in the face for how arrogant they became.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sony would love it if they could force TVs to only work with PS4s if they hooked it up only once.

Mama Robotnik

Gaming Scholar
Oct 27, 2017
Arrogant Sony is officially back. Wouldn't have been out of place on that "There's no arrogance like Sony arrogance..." thread that existed a few years back, during the "get a second job" era.

I thought this type of condescension was all behind them.

Surely there is a better PR approach than this. Honestly explaining that cooperating with competitors is absolutely not part of their business plan would at least be something, and I'd respect that. They could say that they don't believe their shareholders would support such a move, as another explanation.

What they have put out there is the worst option, arrogant and deceptive.

Last edited:

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation is the best place to play, cool. The entire world doesn't have PlayStation so for those who don't let them play with their friends. How hard can that be to comprehend?

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
I've started using my X1 more and it's legitimately a more consumer friendly experience
Yeah, I recently got a X1X thanks to All Access & it just feels better than using my PS4 (Though they seriously need to work on the latency on the dashboard), I've just grown tired of the Sony Ecosystem and their nonsense when they do get ahead.

FullMetalx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Luckily gamers have a choice to vote with their wallets. I don't think the vast majority of PS4 gamers care for cross play

Xbudz

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks. It would be great if these walls would come down.
I just wanna play with other gamers regardless of what platform.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, is this the HD remaster of todays best thread ever? I hope this runs at 60fps 4k at least.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
lmao, the best performance, visual fidelity and controls are available on PC, followed by Xbox One X. So specifically in the case of Fortinite, the PS4 is not even close to the best place to play.

But in my opinion the Dual shock 4 is the finest input device ever made for gaming and everyone on PC plays on the minimum settings anyway...

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Funny, I was just playing FFXIV on my PS4 Pro (a game that happens to be cross play with PC) and the PS4 experience is decidedly inferior to even budget gaming PCs in my opinion.

PS4 is fantastic in many respects but there's a whole lot of scenarios where a PC is a better fit.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
Because they have no reason to do that with dominating right now, like microsoft didn't with the 360 back then.

I think that's lacking forward thinking on Sony's part. Console makers always end up paying for being overly cocky/stubborn (IE: Nintendo with the N64, Sony with the PS3 [albeit with an impressive turnaround], and Microsoft with the X1). So while they may see blocking crossplay as beneficial now, this type of attitude will likely cause them trouble down the road.

Nov 1, 2017
VDspzia.gif

Karasseram

Jan 15, 2018
He can eat his words when the PS5 releases without ray tracing and the 7nm 3000 series comes with even better ray tracing performance.