• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have never been so hyped during a broadcast, to then start being disappointed the moment I went online to check more info...

-$70 games
-Sony also being big on cross gen (horizon and miles on both ps4 and ps5, but you had to find out on the blog)
-The console exclusives are actually timed exclusives
-ps collection sounds good, but im now realizing that I have all those games, most were already free before on psn
-no further clarification of backwards compatibility, or preorders
-is no disc drive really worth $100 less? that disc drive tax is kinda high

And I am almost sure I am missing some things...lol

its almost like they made sure the live broadcast was misleading

kinda strange

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Im enjoying the drama more than the conference. Really feels like E3 for the first time this year.

TRUSTNO1

Banned
Dec 28, 2017
Conference wa pretty damn lame IMO, save FF16 I guess. The high price for games and the console in Canada are a big nope for me.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Sony: We're focusing on games for the PS5...
Us: Awesome!
Sony: Excuse me, let me finish. They will also play on PS4.

shockedpikachu.jpg

That said, I'm excited because I don't have to buy a PS5 at launch.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
"the console exclusives are actually timed exclusives"

You were hyped about other people not playing those games? lol

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean our hype has been deflated but I think the general public is still really hyped.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with $70 games. The fact that prices have not risen in 15 years is incredible frankly.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft was clear and consistent with their messaging which is what I like.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The disc drive price being a 100 dollar difference isn't a big deal, 399 for the digital version is a great price and it keeps them competitive. the higher price games for next gen sucks and unfortunately everyone will be doing it. Overall the conference was still hype.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
The cross gen stuff from both sides has been shocking. I could not believe Everwild was not coming to Xbox One any longer. Complete reversal.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
my guess is the "organizational re-structure" aka firing a bunch of people probably hurt sony's internal communication a lot

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if I've ever seen hype created and deflated so quickly before.

Lol, I went from "I'll play these games in a couple years when I get a PS5" to "Awesome, guess it's going to be a packed winter".

So happy I can stick with the PS4 for now. This even created hype I didn't previously have.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
The influx of bad news after the event has resulted in me seriously reconsidering my pre-order.

Fuck paying £70 for games. I'm not down with that shit. Can't believe Forbidden West is a cross-gen game as well after all that "we believe in generations" bollocks Jim Ryan fed us.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Only thing that has bummed me out is Forbidden West on PS4. I really wanted that to be taking advantage of everything the PS5 has to offer with no compromises.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This is me lol, I was very excited watching the show, the God of War reveal was hype as hell, then I started reading the forum and all of the little details that they didn't talk about in the show... wow... I'm very disappointed with some of the news.
the god of war reveal was underwhelming also
That was hype as fuck for me during the show, but then I read the crossgen stuff and now I'm kind of worried it might end up being a crossgen game too and smaller in scale.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Next-Gen is a shitshow so far. I could have pre-ordered a PS5 by now but I didn't. I didn't have much hype, but the little bit I had and that was build by the great showing was killed minutes after. Everything was crossgen.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
So grateful that I can't relate at all. None of those things bother me. Hyped as hell. Pre-ordering as soon as I can.

I'm hoping Game Stop is taking pre orders so I can take my One X down there tomorrow as a down payment.

Aska

Jan 11, 2020
The most important are the games and they look really great.
Not all if good news but I'm happy with the price point.

waddledee123

May 22, 2018
I'm still pretty hyped. I guess I am in the minority though since I usually wait for sales to pick up my games unless they are big releases that I absolutely need to play at launch. But since I'm going for the digital version I'm still stoked from todays conference

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't agree more. The event did a great job letting me know why I needed a PS5, and then every bit of info that came out after (price increase, crossgen games, day and date PC release) was like "and this is why you shouldn't buy a PS5".

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I have never been so hyped during a broadcast, to then start being disappointed the moment I went online to check more info...

-$70 games
-Sony also being big on cross gen (horizon and miles on both ps4 and ps5, but you had to find out on the blog)
-The console exclusives are actually timed exclusives
-ps collection sounds good, but im now realizing that I have all those games, most were already free before on psn
-no further clarification of backwards compatibility, or preorders
-is no disc drive really worth $100 less? that disc drive tax is kinda high

And I am almost sure I am missing some things...lol

its almost like they made sure the live broadcast was misleading

kinda strange
i didnt know this!

anything else missing? gotta inform my friends so they aren't blindsided!

Kitano

Mar 28, 2019
Great new games announced today

PS Plus Collection with no added cost to new PS5 owners

399/499 price

Not realizing the great day that was today is in your hands.

70 is a bummer tho, but couldn't see it not happening, sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.