MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Or whatever the "XMB" is called on PS5.

Man, hovering over a game and just listening to the music was fucking cool. Extra video is an optional neat feature but I'm all for the music.

Bring it back!

P.S - What was your favourite XMB game theme?

This is still a thing on PS4. Not all titles have it, but a lot of them do. Just gotta hit down on the icon.

Syysch

Oct 30, 2017
They should make it louder.

THEN I FLIP THE SWITCH AND FLUFFY IS EVERYTHING

Couldn't remember the exact lyrics, but definitely the first one I thought of.

I don't know how they did it, but my monitor was always at 40/100 volume and some of these games were unacceptably loud. I still scroll quickly past the ones I remember when I'm messing around on the ps3.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
I especially loved the music from Star Wars Force Unleashed and Dragon Age.

but overall I agree with the majority that some of the tracks were super annoying and that this feature is better served through dynamic themes.

Man just remembered how loud and annoying one of the WWE games was with the Rock's theme music shouting every single time "if you smeeeellll...."

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah.

But actually Id be fine with it being PS4 style where you have to tap down to see details + music.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hope to see this return too! I use to keep the FFXV BIG BANG theme running in the background for hours when I studied. It was perfect ambiance.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some PS4 games definitely still do this! I like it.

I just want PS5 to not 'BEEP' super loud, making everyone in the house aware that I am playing videogames. That's really my only request.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I remember pressing to play Siren Blood Curse VERY fast because its XMB song was loud and scary af lol

I got scared even after starting it

Good game

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Yes please. We lost some great features that PS3 OS had:
- Custom themes
- Video thumbnails with music
- Music player with a beautiful Earth background
- Movies and music saved to the hard drive
- HD gametrailers you could download
- Dozens of supported audio codecs

All done with less than 100 MB of RAM.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Yes please. We lost some great features that PS3 OS had:
- Custom themes
- Video thumbnails with music
- Music player with a beautiful Earth background
- Movies and music saved to the hard drive
- HD gametrailers you could download
- Dozens of supported audio codecs

All done with less than 100 MB of RAM.

You forgot this feature:
- Not being able to see any icons or details of your games as you scrolled because everything had to be loaded in from the hard drive.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, the game icon music. That's completely useless. Having the menu music that comes with the theme is much better because it plays wherever you are in the main menu.

Benjamin

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah I really liked all the little touches the XMB had.

I must have listened to the Heavenly Sword one against the save file 100 times.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
It is still, kinda, a thing on ps4.
If you look at the game folder where the trophies and other stuff is listed the music plays.
I'm not a fan of autoplay music on 1st menu level, so i'm happy they solved it like that.
But they should add a scroll function for that menu level, so that you can scroll left and right to different games.

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
I loved it. Yeah some games were obnoxiously loud too.

Flow
Pixeljunk Eden
Heavy Rain

come to mind about good XMB stuff.

Overall, i do miss it.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. For all the bad there is so much potential for good. Infamous 2's use of Gorgeous Corpse is so damn good.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
some games were just earsplittingly loud when you hovered them. think virtua fighter 5 was one of them.

some games also did this for their saves, not just for the game disc/download hover.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
I really love the XMB and for some reason I didn't have any problems with the volume. MGS4's preview music was pure hype.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Fuck no. There was nothing worse than backing out to the dash for a minute, accidentally hovering over the logo for Madden or Assassin's Creed and hearing BUM, BUH DUM DUM, BUH BUH BUM.