Do you want a Sonic Adventure remake?

• Yes but it has to be exactly like the original

Votes: 167 15.6%
  • Yes but they need to drastically change things

Votes: 563 52.5%
  • No, some things are better left in the past.

Votes: 343 32.0%

• Total voters

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'd be for it, but I don't know if I would trust Sonic Team with it at this point.

One change I'd definitely make it having Open Your Heart playing through the whole final boss fight, instead of it changing to some generic-ass music for the second stage.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Not really interested in playing the exact same game again, but if they take what's good and enhance it? I'll be interested!

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who thinks the gameplay of Lost World would have fit perfectly with that level design, I would be super interested to see how it turns out.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I'd give it a shot for sure. It may be a very broken game, but I've still 100% completed it at least 10 times. 17 years ago, when I was 11, I thought this was like the greatest game ever made.

Just cut out Big's gameplay. Make his intro cutscene part of the prologue, and still have him pop up in the other characters' stories when he is supposed to, and let that be the end of it. I'd say do the same with Amy but this is pretty much her only appearance ever where she gets any character development at all so I'd hate to rob her of that. Tails is kind of the same deal too.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Sega USA was taking the reins of Sonic now. Or am I wrong?

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Haha good luck with that. When they come in terms about what a remake means(and what means to remake a bad game) and get people to believe your team can do something properly after Forces, then we can talk.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Yes i would like it never played the original and it would be a change of pace from the horrid dialogue in the recent games

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay is dog shit as is the story so if you're remaking it that much might as well just make something new

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
What happened to "we won't go back to a previous gameplay style to just please the fans", whenever people asked them to do a game in the Adventure style?

First thing I thought of. I swear, Iizuka is the biggest flip-flopper in the video games industry. I do wonder if that means that they're already looking into it and/or already working on it though. They have to be working on something. Sonic Mania and Team Sonic Racing are developed by outside developers. Then again, we thought Sonic Team were working on something big since Sonic Lost World and Puyo Puyo Tetris, and they just ended up farting out Sonic Forces. My hopes are as low as they can go at this point.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Why do they keep allowing the same people to ruin the franchise over and over.

It was very clearly with Sonic Mania what the fans wanted yet they are oblivious to anything other than their mediocre vision for Sonic.

Sonic used to be in the same tier as Mario and he has fallen so so far and they've allowed him to continue to far so so far.

Is this a joke for then or are they really this clueless?

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
These could either be crash style remakes

Or ratchet and clank style remakes

Id prefer the later becuase you could keep sonics levels the same

But make brand new levels with designs centered around tails, knuckles, and a revamped amy,gamma, and big

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
So this hypothetical remake would actually be the second SA1 remake. The first one was SADX and that gifted us with worse character models, a Cream cameo, and Game Gear games.

Why would anyone remake a fundamentally bad game? And before anyone suggests that they could improve it, this is Sonic Team we're talking about here, they'll just fuck it up even more.

In theory, a remake would allow a bad game to be fixed of all of its problems so it could become a good game.

I remember mostly liking Sonic Adventure when it was first released for the DC, but it's been decades since I've last revisited it and I'm not sure if it would still held up for me(I would probably still dislike Big's section). And, I'm with you. I don't have any faith that the current Sonic Team would be able to deliver a good remake of this title.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly just ditch Big and the mech for tails in Adventure 2 then the rest could just be a straight port and I'd be happy.

(I actually enjoyed Emerald Hunting.)

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Why would anyone remake a fundamentally bad game? And before anyone suggests that they could improve it, this is Sonic Team we're talking about here, they'll just fuck it up even more.

You could improve most 3D sonic's by trimming the fat, fixing some bugs and polishing up some physics.

Even something simple like fixing the radar and hint system for hunting stages in SA2 would go a long way.

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
Just make a third adventure game..

I mean why not: hardcore fans want it and at this point you've nothing to lose.

Let's be honest guys you may think I'm exaggerating when I say you can't even trust these guys to remake Sonic 1 but.. ya... The GBA game...ya

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly just ditch Big and the mech for tails in Adventure 2 then the rest could just be a straight port and I'd be happy.

(I actually enjoyed Emerald Hunting.)
For Adventure 1 I would agree, but for Adventure 2 with those huge ass levels and the stupid gimped radar? Hell no.

If they made Adventure 2's radar work like Adventure 1 that would remove a BIG complaint that I have with the treasure hunting stages in Adventure 2, the other one would be freaking Mad Space.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't the poll options have something in between? Like who would want it exactly the same, the game has a tonne of bugs and issues. But who would want it to be drastically different either? Why do a remake over Adventure 3 then. xD

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'd buy a remake of both SA titles so hard, but of course they'd have to refine a lot of things like the camera and the controls. No need for the cursor that points at your homing attack objective, just refine it and make it work better than it did in the original titles.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I just want a Sonic game where there are multiple playable characters. Thats what Adventure is to me. A full on remake could be solid. One thing I think that game needs is more attention to its setting to seem more like a Sonic level. Remake every Sonic stage to look like Speed Highway in Sonic Generations.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before, but I do think that SA1 could benefit a lot from being remade. I also think there's a middleground they should strike between it being exactly like the original and having being changed drastically.

I'd like them to mostly follow what the original did, but some parts need to be changed badly. For example, I'd like them to change the Chao mechanics to be more like they were in SA2, or maybe even develop them further. But the biggest change they need to do is the boss fights. Most of them are just plain bad, and need to be reimagined from the ground up.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
SA1 would be a tough fix because it has tons of glitches, collision issues camera problems, horrible cutscenes, and Big the Cat.

SA2 would be pretty easy to fix. Camera would need to be modernized and collision issues worked on, but otherwise just make the treasure tracking work like it did in SA1 and suddenly no one would have issues with those levels. The tails/robotnik levels weren't nearly as bad as people imply either, the weakest third of the game but still alright. Up the visuals and unify the Chao Garden between the 2 games and update it.. Add a mobile app so we can take them on the go :)

Dreams.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Just make the exact same game

But prettier

And with the mouth flaps fixed.

And the SA2 Chao Garden.

I'd buy it for my Switch.